ph side effect?...ODD...

Wolfe08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Okay so this started to hapen about half way throught my 1ad/4ad cycle...I would wake up in the middle of the night and my arms are asleep, dead asleep, I shake them out and then return to normal within a minute or two, but on about 3 occasions one being last night (2nd day of pct) my hand, just my hand has been asleep for hrs, it freaks me out and I dont think it's normal, I mean my damn HAND is DEAD asleep for like an hr or who knows. All I know is that I wake up again in the morning and it's normal...I think this has something to do with the supp's, not only the way i'm sleeping, cause obviously that has to do with my arms falling asleep...anyone have any imput

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
If your using SERMs, any weird nerve disorder could occur, depending on the person. But something similar happens to me sometimes when I make gains too quickly or start to hold too much water. Only in my right hand. Diuretics always fix it for me.

Rock

Awards
I often wake up in the middle of the night with numb arms too. But nothing that doesn't go away after a few minutes. Seems like it only happens when I sleep on my side. Is Paxil a SERM? Maybe that is what causes mine.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Paxil is a SSRI, but it can cause vasodilation and lead to water retention too. Swelling is the common denominator. It crowds nerves in the peripherals.

d00fy

Awards
i wake up in the middle of the night with a boner and cum stains on my bed , WEIRD?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Yeah me too, and the cat acts all scared, and my hands are all sticky... weird huh :lol:

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Sorry. The Doofster started it! We were having a meaningful exchange of useful infomation before that 'boner' comment. :run:

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
this thread went wrong quick. but was funny as hell.

d00fy

Awards
lets get serious now:)

i think your body parts are asleep,its cause of the way you position your body and sleep,if you sleep with your stomach down, and your arm is under your stomach ,than of couse its gonna be dead asleep no blood flow

now if you dont get hard ons while you sleep than you got a serious problem cause that shouldn't be asleep , it needs to stand guard and alert for sudden pussy cat reactions:p unless your gay than thats a whole different story EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

former_SlimJim

Board Supporter
Awards
It probably has to do with inflamation or water retention and a slight misalignment in the neck or shoulder blade region. I had a similar problem that I went to a chiropractor for. She had me coming in like once a week for realignments but it was always coming back. I ended up fixing the problem myself with a $15 orthopedic foam pillow. I have very few flareups as long as I use it. It keeps my neck in alignment as I sleep. I also noticed that prednisone works for mine, so I'm pretty sure that mine is partly an inflamation problem.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I also noticed that prednisone works for mine, so I'm pretty sure that mine is partly an inflamation problem.
How much pred where you using and for how long to achieve benifits? Any strength set backs after that?

former_SlimJim

Board Supporter
Awards
How much pred where you using and for how long to achieve benifits? Any strength set backs after that?
Several years ago, I was on it for several weeks at a very low dose. I can't remember the dosage. The doc put me on it because of allergy and asthma problems that I struggle with. I had too many sides so we discontinued the long-term therapy. I don't remember it taking too long to notice the benefits. Now when I get very run down, I do a 7 day tapered cycle which usually turns things around for me. The taper is using 5mg pills at 7 pills on day one, 6 on day two, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. The times I've been on the short cycle I havn't also been having the numbness problem so I can't really say if it helps in that short of time. I never noticed strength setbacks but it is listed as one of the side effects. Pred mimics cortisol and affects the adrenal gland so I think it wouldn't be of much benefit to a lifter if it was taken long term. Here is a link of the sides http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/pred_ad.htm I realize you probably already know this - I'm just listing it for others sake.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Slim, thanks for sharing the personal info. Good to know if one needed corticoid therapy. I have limited experience with these steroids because I always have tried to minimize cortisol exposure like it sounds you do to.