Are Back Pumps Preventable?

J

Josann

Awards
I am starting a 30 day cycle of dzine today. I am coming off a bridge to this of osta rx. i plan to run dzine 30 mg. Last cycle i got back pumps bad, and had to cut the cycle to 3 weeks. I used taurine but did not get relief. My other supps will be fish oil, cissus, vitamin d3, whey and creatine. I was thinking that maybe not going so heavy and maybe doing more volume/higher reps, staying away from lower back lifts i.e. no deads, bent over rows, or heavy squats might help. Hyperextensions, lunges instead. Would ibuprophen help at all?

I should also mention that I am 58 and this is my third cycle. I am especially interested in what over 50 guys do, but welcome all suggestions. Thanks.

F

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
Maybe you post this in the 35 and older section. There should be more guys in your situation.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 23 and get super bad back pumps so I'm in for this taurine doesn't do anything

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
What's a "back pump" feel like?

Been asking this lately cuz I honestly don't know. I'm coming off 3 weeks of Epi at 40mg/day and I had to stop doing deadlifts this past week cuz my lower back is hurting - and that never happens. I think it's a muscular strain - not back pumps but ... I dunno it's weird.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
What's a "back pump" feel like?

Been asking this lately cuz I honestly don't know. I'm coming off 3 weeks of Epi at 40mg/day and I had to stop doing deadlifts this past week cuz my lower back is hurting - and that never happens. I think it's a muscular strain - not back pumps but ... I dunno it's weird.
Chances are they are back pumps... They are VERY painful. It's tightness that keeps u straight lol

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
I've been getting "tightness" in my lower back with SD, but I wouldn't call it painful.

Then again, I'm less than 2 weeks in, so I may be in for a ride.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ouch...they need to make a product for them they hurt

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I've been getting "tighness" in my lower back with SD, but I wouldn't call it painful.

Then again, I'm less than 2 weeks in, so I may be in for a ride.
Ur in for a ride