how to maintain gains in Ramadan

wasim malik

Awards
hay guys i know its may not be right section to ask this question here...but im muslim and this on going month is month of fasting for us...we do not eat from dawn to sunset and i'm losing my gains....any tips to maintain gains ???

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe it take 36 hours of fasting for catabolic break down and dawn to sunset is what 12 hours? Just get your calories in two big meals one before and one after your fast

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I believe it take 36 hours of fasting for catabolic break down and dawn to sunset is what 12 hours? Just get your calories in two big meals one before and one after your fast
Correct, it takes 36 hours, merely have huge meals when break the fast equivalent to the amount of macros and kCalories you need per day.

murk01

murk01

Awards
hay guys i know its may not be right section to ask this question here...but im muslim and this on going month is month of fasting for us...we do not eat from dawn to sunset and i'm losing my gains....any tips to maintain gains ???
What good my Muslim brotha. Thanks for asking, that was always a question I wondered.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
My best bet would be intermittent fasting. Make your feeding window from when the sun sets (9 or 10pm?) until 5 or 6am. Have your largest meal after the sun sets, and then set your alarm and take the rest of your calories in the middle of the night.

Intermittent Fasting: Because **** you, religious rites.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
My best bet would be intermittent fasting. Make your feeding window from when the sun sets (9 or 10pm?) until 5 or 6am. Have your largest meal after the sun sets, and then set your alarm and take the rest of your calories in the middle of the night.
Most definitely. this is the only way to fly.

wasim malik

Awards
its summer here and days are bigger so we do 17 hours of fasting ed.3.30am to 7;15pm

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
i would be more concerned with the no drinking of water than anything. Since starting LG IF I can do 17 hour fasts standing on my head :)

wasim malik

Awards
i take 3eggs,one roti (kinda wheat made bread) and 500ml milk....and lots of water...i know its not enough but cant eat more then that in morning

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where are you? US or Asia?

I'd recommend Intermittent fasting. 17/7 fasting/eating period.

When do you lift? Consume your highest calorie meal before workout, maybe workout at night so your iftar. ???? ?????

Edit: it said Ramadan Kareem in Arabic but they don't accept the script.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'm in pakistan...i lift after iftar at night
That probably best. I've been to some middle east countries where essentially everyone sleeps all day and businesses and everyone is up at night. But that's only because it's so hot during August that it's almost impossible to be outside and active.

Check out the IF and lean gains website.

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
Where are you? US or Asia?

I'd recommend Intermittent fasting. 17/7 fasting/eating period.

When do you lift? Consume your highest calorie meal before workout, maybe workout at night so your iftar. ???? ?????

Edit: it said Ramadan Kareem in Arabic but they don't accept the script.
It would be MUCH better to train fasted than to train after eating a gigantic meal.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
IF can also be done with ADF...fasting from 24 to 36 hours...and then just eating in a real small window (2-4 hours) your kCalories needed for the day or day and a half...There's more to Fasting than just Leangains.

He can fast from Dawn till Dusk, break fast with a huge meal , an hour or 2 later have the rest of kCals and macros and then go to bed...Read more on ADF , it is used as a method to prolong life-span in humans...If it works or not, idk...try it out I guess.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I meant to lift before the big meal. Wasn't thinking on my phone.

And as said above there's definitely a lot of fasting choices.