22yrs, Test 530, Doc Started me on TRT

Norubit

Awards
Hi Everyone,

I'm a 22 year old white male, 190 pounds, 6'3 and I've been struggling with symptoms that I feel are directly correlated to low testosterone. Now there has been a lot of been through while trying to find answers to my lack of zest for life, lack of productivity, sex drive, maintaining an erection etc.

I've tried a few anti-depressants, zoloft, cymbalta and wellbutrin, zoloft and wellbutrin made me feel completely terrible and suicidal but helped with erections? and cymbalta made me feel good and returned erections but I opted to stop due to weight gain, price and horror withdrawal stories. I'm only going to include my most recent lab since it's the shortest with most relevant information.

LH 4.3
FSH 1.6
Prolactin 7.8
Estradiol 21
Testosterone 533
DHEA Sulfate 342.4
Cortisol 12.3

My Albumin and Globulin from a previous lab were 4.7 and 2.7 respectively.

My endocrinologist agreed that my symptoms were most likely due to low testosterone for someone my age and decided to start me on testosterone replacement therapy, 2 ml of 100g/ml compounded testosterone every morning that should move my level to the 600-700 range.

I've been on the therapy for a few weeks now and initially I did feel a huge burst of energy for like the first two days then a huge crash were my memory was terrible and started working out less and less cause I couldn't last as long cardio wise and I felt completely lethargic.

The negative side effects have improved quite a bit since then but I still can't run as much as I used to and I feel like i've gained weight despite maintaining a simiar diet (perhaps due to lack of ability to run). I called the pharmacist that compounds the testosterone and he said it's probably due to water retention making my hear work harder and that that would also be the reason for the weight gain.

I would really appreciate hearing your opinions and if you need any additional information I would be happy to provide it please ask. I"ve been struggling with this for a very long time and any advice would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Chris

Mattinde520

Awards
Same boat Nuro. 22, did 4 cycles of PH's with amazing results but i think it destroyed my endocrine system. Im interested on starting on the gel first and shots if necessary. I feel you on all the symptoms, was even diagnosed with schizophrenia. Been taking some AI's and herbs and feel better but i know it wont raise my test to normal levels. What did you say and how did you convince the doc to start you on TRT?

Also went the anti depressant and anti psychotic route as well, did nothing but burn a fat hole in my wallet.

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
533 Test and you get put on TRT. Facepalm.

Lethargic and weight gain. Your estrogen is probably out of whack from the extra test aromatizing.

Also, 200mg ED seems like a lot.

Mattinde520

Awards
533 aint gonna get you laid bro. But yes, the extra test is probably aromatizing but that can be an easy fix with some arimadex or reversitol, i prefer erase but that's biased cause its the only one Ive taken. Works pretty well

Norubit

Awards
Same boat Nuro. 22, did 4 cycles of PH's with amazing results but i think it destroyed my endocrine system. Im interested on starting on the gel first and shots if necessary. I feel you on all the symptoms, was even diagnosed with schizophrenia. Been taking some AI's and herbs and feel better but i know it wont raise my test to normal levels. What did you say and how did you convince the doc to start you on TRT?

Also went the anti depressant and anti psychotic route as well, did nothing but burn a fat hole in my wallet.
I feel your pain man. Well I looked for an endocrinologist online and found a doctor that looked similar to me (same race and build, I felt was important for sympathy factor) and I just scheduled an appointment. I went in and I told him that I had tried a PH once and that I felt fantastic, I could get boners, I was motivated, I was more social and the only reason I had stopped was because of hairloss. I told him about my experiences with anti-depressants how they just made me ACTUALLY depressed (seriously I didn't know what it meant to be truly suicidal until trying wellbutrin, terrible terrible drug) and that I was at a loss of what to do. He agreed with me that my testosterone levels were very low for my age and warned me that if I went on the testosterone therapy I would become sterile after a while and that I would have to jump start my testes again if I ever wanted to have a baby. Additionally he said it was the first time he had treated someone my age with testosterone. Basically I was just very honest with him about my experiences and my symptoms, lack of erections, mental fog etc and that anti-depressants didn't do anything for me and that I was at a loss of what to do.

Norubit

Awards
533 Test and you get put on TRT. Facepalm.

Lethargic and weight gain. Your estrogen is probably out of whack from the extra test aromatizing.

Also, 200mg ED seems like a lot.
well 2ml of 1ml/100g which only 10-20% absorbs into your skins right so like 20-40 mg of test a day?

Mattinde520

Awards
Being suicidal is IMO worse than death. Not wanting to go out, unconfident to even talk, and dont even get me started with the reaction you get from other people. Honestly i could give a **** about becoming sterile at this point, not having a life is hell. Even when you pretend to be happy it dont work.

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
Being suicidal is IMO worse than death. Not wanting to go out, unconfident to even talk, and dont even get me started with the reaction you get from other people. Honestly i could give a **** about becoming sterile at this point, not having a life is hell. Even when you pretend to be happy it dont work.
Damn it makes me so sad to read this, I'm really sorry for you bro...
Hope you get good soon, wish you the best and keep ya head up!

Mattinde520

Awards
Thanks. I make it sound worse than it really is but ive been to the bottom of life where not many people have been or can even imagine. Its amazing when you know who you are and cant express it because of physiology, damn life is a wonderful teacher

Papapwn

Awards
What the hell lol 530 and put on trt?? I'm 5 weeks into my first cycle(test e 500mg a week) and I had blood work done before I started and I was at 374 and my doc didn't suggest trt. Then again, I didn't inquire about it since I am young, but still.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
What the hell lol 530 and put on trt?? I'm 5 weeks into my first cycle(test e 500mg a week) and I had blood work done before I started and I was at 374 and my doc didn't suggest trt. Then again, I didn't inquire about it since I am young, but still.
If u don't mind how old are u? I'm 31 and my total test is 350-360 on a number of tests, I wanted to run a test cycle as I've pretty much reached my potential but was cautious to run one with lower test to begin with. Is this your first cycle what are u running

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Jitbjake88

Awards
200 mg per day? I don't think so. 200 mg per week is standard trt dose. And they don't prescribe multi compound test, normally its test enen, or cyp.

Forty Nine

Awards
Hi Everyone,

I've been on the therapy for a few weeks now and initially I did feel a huge burst of energy for like the first two days then a huge crash were my memory was terrible and started working out less and less cause I couldn't last as long cardio wise and I felt completely lethargic.
Like the others say. Sounds logical that the extra test you got did you good until it started to aromatize into estrogen. Then bam, you came crashing down. I bet taking an AI will get you back to the feeling you had the first 2 days. Maybe something even OTC.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can only say one thing, treat the symtpoms, not the numbers. It is a bit weird you have been put on trt with test @ 500 ng/dl, but what do i know.

i am also 22 and had natural test in 300s. I never considered suicide, but i did feel REALLY down from time to time, like really depressed, for a day or two. I never cycled previously.
Sinc i have been on exogenous test (almost 5 months now, 3 months on 500mg per week and the rest 100-125mg per week) i didnt have a SINGLE depressive episode.
It is insane. Your mind just writes off depressive thoughts. And it stems from the fact that you dont believe that you are inferior and that you just have bad luck anymore.
Instead, you know you are responsible for yourself.
As i said it is crazy, the change of perspective.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
TRANDERMAL TEST. ...Very important piece of information.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Low test? 533? What? You don’t know what it feels like to have low test let me tell you that. Anyways you’re going to enjoy the **** out of trt for a few years obviously but trust me soon enough you’ll regret it. There was other options to fix your symptoms and low test was obviously not your problem. Anyways good luck

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Low test? 533? What? You don’t know what it feels like to have low test let me tell you that. Anyways you’re going to enjoy the **** out of trt for a few years obviously but trust me soon enough you’ll regret it. There was other options to fix your symptoms and low test was obviously not your problem. Anyways good luck
Why would he regret it, apart from fertility issues? But he is probably ok with that as he decided to hop on trt.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Why would he regret it, apart from fertility issues? But he is probably ok with that as he decided to hop on trt.
Why? Because pinning for 50+ years will get old VERY fast and will bring lots of problems. Look I’m on trt myself at 29 years old and some days I wish I wasn’t. First of all it’s not easy to meet girls and explain why you gotta pin your butt every week for the rest of your life. Then comes all the possible health issues and heart issues especially. Especially when you start SO young you run into much higher chances of having problems later on. Some might disagree it’s just my opinion. You and I cro had all the reason in the world to go on trt it’s not the same thing. Going on trt and pinning test for the rest of your life when your test is 533? Comon now wtf

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why? Because pinning for 50+ years will get old VERY fast and will bring lots of problems. Look I’m on trt myself at 29 years old and some days I wish I wasn’t. First of all it’s not easy to meet girls and explain why you gotta pin your butt every week for the rest of your life. Then comes all the possible health issues and heart issues especially. Especially when you start SO young you run into much higher chances of having problems later on. Some might disagree it’s just my opinion. You and I cro had all the reason in the world to go on trt it’s not the same thing. Going on trt and pinning test for the rest of your life when your test is 533? Comon now wtf
Good advice right here man! I’ve been on TRT for nearly 7 years. I’m 46. I wish I had researched more and tried to raise my test in other ways before jumping on TRT. I’m surprised a dr actually gave OP the option of TRT with levels just under 600. He should have researched WHY his test is low and tried to fix it from there.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Are the heart issues really a problem if the levels are physiologic, ie mid range? We are not talking upper end what some trt docs shoot for, like 800 trough level. I can see that this might cause issues in the long run but why would repaocing what you should naturally have cause problems?

I mean, what is the difference whether the test is endogenously produced or if it comes from exogenous source.

The only thing i can think off is that maybe lowering saturated fat and cholesterol intake might be beneficial for those on trt. As we dont need all that ldl since we are not endogenously producing all these steroids, i can see the ldl staying on the higher side compared to a natty for someone on trt.

Last edited:

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good advice right here man! I’ve been on TRT for nearly 7 years. I’m 46. I wish I had researched more and tried to raise my test in other ways before jumping on TRT. I’m surprised a dr actually gave OP the option of TRT with levels just under 600. He should have researched WHY his test is low and tried to fix it from there.
The thing is, there arent really that efficient ways of raising test other than taking it.
Hcg and serms come to mind, but remember that serms carry a degree of liver toxicity, and hcg is a female pregnancy hormone.
I dont know man... i am about to start a pct with clomid and nolvadex and absolutely hate the fact that i will be poisoning myself with these drugs.

What in the world does this mean?
I also want to know.

Last edited:
BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He is right 533 ain’t gonna get you laid bro. Plus you jumped on trt waayyyyy to early with naturally high test. I just started at 40 and my test was mid 100’s to low 200 when my doc prescribed (endocrinologist) me 200mg test cyp every other week. Just bumped it up weekly due to bloodwork

Last edited:

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s laid
Damn spell check
In that case i do not understand what he was trying to say.
you certainly can get laid with test level of 530 lol. That is where the majority of healthy young men will be measured in the morning, 500 - 550 ng/dl.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The thing is, there arent really that efficient ways of raising test other than taking it.
Hcg and serms come to mind, but remember that serms carry a degree of liver toxicity, and hcg is a female pregnancy hormone.
I dont know man... i am about to start a pct with clomid and nolvadex and absolutely hate the fact that i will be poisoning myself with these drugs.

I also want to know.
If you do your research you’ll see some guys have been successful with a Clomid restart. Some also have taken nothing, but changed their diet and lifestyle, removed toxins from their environment and also been successful. Injecting test is a chemical also, so putting “poison” in your body is kind of null and void.

As far as heart and other health issues go, as long as you’re getting adequate labs done by a Dr who knows what he’s doing, you’ll be fine. It’s just the fact that starting TRT at a young age could be a challenge.