hGH Acromegaly protruded forehead

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I am a 20 year old male. Been bodybuilding for about 8 months. When I was younger my doc put me on hGH because I was extremely short. I have grown to about 5' 7", however, over the past year I have been noticing my hands increasing in size, and my forehead and bones beginning to protrude. On my last orthopedic appt my .doc said I have early Acromagely and to stop the hormone until I see an endocrinologist. So for 6 weeks I was off of the hormone before I finally got my appt. During that period, my forehead began shrinking slightly, but I couldn't make any headway in the gym. My endocrinologist said it would be ok to do another 6 months of the hormone, however, after only about a month back on it, I'm noticing the forehead protrusion getting worse, almost caveman looking. Should I stop it now? Or should I suck it up for a couple more months and hope the forehead shrinks back to normal after I'm finished with my regimen. The endocrinologist did say since I'm young everything should go back to normal, but I don't wanna look like the friggen caveman from the geico commercials.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
jesus christ bro

i would get a second opinion on that

BlackGT99

BlackGT99

Awards
I am a 20 year old male. Been bodybuilding for about 8 months. When I was younger my doc put me on hGH because I was extremely short. I have grown to about 5' 7", however, over the past year I have been noticing my hands increasing in size, and my forehead and bones beginning to protrude. On my last orthopedic appt my .doc said I have early Acromagely and to stop the hormone until I see an endocrinologist. So for 6 weeks I was off of the hormone before I finally got my appt. During that period, my forehead began shrinking slightly, but I couldn't make any headway in the gym. My endocrinologist said it would be ok to do another 6 months of the hormone, however, after only about a month back on it, I'm noticing the forehead protrusion getting worse, almost caveman looking. Should I stop it now? Or should I suck it up for a couple more months and hope the forehead shrinks back to normal after I'm finished with my regimen. The endocrinologist did say since I'm young everything should go back to normal, but I don't wanna look like the friggen caveman from the geico commercials.
I'd stop why the F would you wanna continue something that makes you look like a cave man?

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I just wanna get huge and test boosters/ pro hormones give me severe acne, but hGH doesn't

BlackGT99

BlackGT99

Awards
I just wanna get huge and test boosters/ pro hormones give me severe acne, but hGH doesn't
I think the age requirement to talk about AAS/PH/DS etc for this forum is 21yrs. But I'd discontinue use if you're getting this type of reaction... wouldn't wanna be Swole with a permanently disfigured face

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
It's said that "The Big Show" has this disorder ...

6b243ky.jpg

Personally - I'd do what the doc told me to do in this case.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Is there any way I can do hormone/test/deca pills cycles without the acne explosion??

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Axillist

Axillist

Awards
Is there any way I can do hormone/test/deca pills cycles without the acne explosion??
Excuse me if I'm being rude but you are thinking about continuing with the HGH even though you are getting body disfigurement. Yet you are afraid of test boosters because of a couple pimples? Sounds like some seriously flawed logic to me!

I personally don't think you should take ANYTHING until you get a second doctors opinion.

BlackGT99

BlackGT99

Awards
Excuse me if I'm being rude but you are thinking about continuing with the HGH even though you are getting body disfigurement. Yet you are afraid of test boosters because of a couple pimples? Sounds like some seriously flawed logic to me!

I personally don't think you should take ANYTHING until you get a second doctors opinion.
There's no helping this kid. I've told him a few times to discontinue use. But he wants to get Hyooge!

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
Heard of One case that a woman had the same condition... she had plastic surgery where they sanded down her forehead. Yeah... growing bones don't shrink very well.

Sent from my super duper VS920 4G using Am.com app!

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
Heard of One case that a woman had the same condition... she had plastic surgery where they sanded down her forehead. Yeah... growing bones don't shrink very well.

Sanded down her forehead? Jesus....

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
Sanded down her forehead? Jesus....
Yeah supposedly cut it out, sanded it down, and reattached it. Was in my college class. My teacher was very anti supplements, or performance enhancing. They end up looking like the geico cave man with too much hgh hahaha. Acne vs cave man. I'll take acne any day.

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
Yeah supposedly cut it out, sanded it down, and reattached it. Was in my college class. My teacher was very anti supplements, or performance enhancing. They end up looking like the geico cave man with too much hgh hahaha. Acne vs cave man. I'll take acne any day.

Good god that's sounds horrible. Acne vs cave man? Always acne or more bacne in my case (all on my back lol)

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
Sanding down....
Hm... I try to figure out how this work look like

ForumRunner_20120724_130654.png

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
You've been bodybuilding 8 months and can't gain without hgh? You don't need supplements, you need the basics of diet and training. You're 20 years old and, no, acromegaly and bone growth is not reversible.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
So I only have about 175 IUs left of my prescription anyway, so I've decided to ween myself off of it so I dont shock my system by suddenly stopping it

napalm

napalm

Awards
Let's slow the bus down here for a second. First, how many iu's are/were taking prior to noticing this problem? Second, acromegaly is caused, in part, because of SUPRAPHYSIOLOGICAL hgh secretion by the anterior pituitary.

I did a quick lit search and found only 2 case studies of hgh replacement therapy induced acromegaly. Both were people in their 60's.

Part of me thinks this is all in your head - no pun intended. Do you have measurements of your skull pre and post therapy? Personally, I'd like to see some pre and post pics as well.

<------skeptical...

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let's slow the bus down here for a second. First, how many iu's are/were taking prior to noticing this problem? Second, acromegaly is caused, in part, because of SUPRAPHYSIOLOGICAL hgh secretion by the anterior pituitary.

I did a quick lit search and found only 2 case studies of hgh replacement therapy induced acromegaly. Both were people in their 60's.

Part of me thinks this is all in your head - no pun intended. Do you have measurements of your skull pre and post therapy? Personally, I'd like to see some pre and post pics as well.

<------skeptical...
Interesting. I'd be curious about this as well.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I was put on the hgh when I was 14, I took it until about march. I started off at 9 IUs and as the years went on went up to 13.2 IUs. Then in march I stopped for 6 weeks, then restarted it at 10.2 IUs, went down to 9 IUs and last couple of nights took 8.4 IUs. Now also during this time, occasionally I have stopped for a few weeks over the years anyway. I currently have 3 60IU viles left.

napalm

napalm

Awards
I was put on the hgh when I was 14, I took it until about march. I started off at 9 IUs and as the years went on went up to 13.2 IUs. Then in march I stopped for 6 weeks, then restarted it at 10.2 IUs, went down to 9 IUs and last couple of nights took 8.4 IUs. Now also during this time, occasionally I have stopped for a few weeks over the years anyway. I currently have 3 60IU viles left.
Well, those are certainly suprapysiological doses. Have they given you an acromegaly diagnosis?

How old are you? You mentioned you were 5'7", I'm not entirely sure that warrants hgh therapy. Did you grow height wise during the therapy?

Taking hgh for idiopathic short stature is one thing, taking it for gains in the gym is another.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I grew 16 inches while on it and I got a diagnosis of "slight" Acromagely in March. They said it was right in its beginning stages. But then I went to my endo and she was like yeah, not to worry, its minor and you're still young so it will mostly go away. Then she said I could finish the hGH that I had left, which was several months worth

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
did anyone miss his age and that he has ALREADY done PH's...

kids a lost cause imho..

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Pretty sure natty test boosters are not PHs, JS

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
And lemme rephrase what I said before, I was on AEN APE a natty test booster, it gave me great results, but with severe acne. I would like to go on PHs becausse I know a couple of people that are absolutely ripped from taking them so I was talkin to.them avout it and theyre like well if the natty stuff gave you acne, this stuff will be even worse

napalm

napalm

Awards
After a little more lit searching, I found that the average increase in height per year is 2 inches. You've grown 16"'in 6 years so you're ahead of the game.

My spidey senses are picking up both immaturity and screwed up priorities.

Here's an idea: drop the hgh and get your diet and training in order.

Good luck...

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I don't disagree with you, my priorities are slightly off. Now. according to my bone age, the most I could grow is abother 1/2-1 inch, is it worth staying on the hGH for such a slight change??

napalm

napalm

Awards
I don't disagree with you, my priorities are slightly off. Now. according to my bone age, the most I could grow is abother 1/2-1 inch, is it worth staying on the hGH for such a slight change??
That, young man, is a question only you can answer...

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
Acnedren by blr is good for acne.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
This guy gets it. Even if we take into account that you think and enlarged forehead is more attractive than acne, last time I checked acne is pretty reversible. I certainly wouldn't take the same assumption with bone growth.

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
Had to

Attachments

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
SCREW IT, I'm junking the rest, any ideas on what to do with it? It's about 150 IUs left

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You where on NINE Iu's at one point AND THEN THIRTEEN?!

MY GOD

I could get amazing results AT FIVE IU'S A SAY WTF KIND OF DOCTOR PUT YOU ON THAT MUCH

Or where you abusing it

^probably the case

Good luck geico boy

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So youre telling me you have a tyra banks sized forehead? Daaaaangggg. Itd take an ant a month to walk across that!

Drop the hgh and prioritize your priorities.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Back when I stopped it for 6 weeks my forehead actually did begin to shrink, but I stupidly started it again cuz my endo said a few more months wouldn't do anything since Acromagely takes years to develop but I've been on it for like 5-6 weeks and i just dont feel like its worth it so I'm just gonna dump it. And no 13.2 IUs was my prescription. I was on that dose for a few years. I was on hGH since I was 14,

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
Back when I stopped it for 6 weeks my forehead actually did begin to shrink, but I stupidly started it again cuz my endo said a few more months wouldn't do anything since Acromagely takes years to develop but I've been on it for like 5-6 weeks and i just dont feel like its worth it so I'm just gonna dump it. And no 13.2 IUs was my prescription. I was on that dose for a few years. I was on hGH since I was 14,
If she said it takes 5-6 years and you've been on hgh since you were 14... it doesn't surprise me. Think it takes less time with larger amounts.

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
Not to be rude either, but it sounds like your doctor is not a doctor but a friend who told you it was okay to take HGH, to avoid steroids side effects... the kind of friend who thinks he knows it all and you believe him because he is in good shape and you wish you look like him.

in case you are actually going to the endo, get a second opinion... but i suspect that i am right in the first pharagraph... no offense dude, but thats what i think, good luck, and please get medical attention acromegaly is dangerous and it can make your organs grow as well... even the brain! not to scare you but this is not to be taken lightly

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
Not to be rude either, but it sounds like your doctor is not a doctor but a friend who told you it was okay to take HGH, to avoid steroids side effects... the kind of friend who thinks he knows it all and you believe him because he is in good shape and you wish you look like him.

in case you are actually going to the endo, get a second opinion... but i suspect that i am right in the first pharagraph... no offense dude, but thats what i think, good luck, and please get medical attention acromegaly is dangerous and it can make your organs grow as well... even the brain! not to scare you but this is not to be taken lightly
Agreed. If your heart starts to grow, then you're really f*****.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Well I was put on the hGH by my nephrologist, when I was diagnosed with slight Acromagely by my orthopedic doc I was sent to an endo to be evaluated. She said it was nslight and not a big deal and I could continue until my prescription was up, if I wanted to. she said I have very little growth potential left, but if I wanted to continue it for another few months, I wouldn't cause any additional damage than was already caused. She said since I am young, it should MOSTLY reverse itself. When I became a senior in high school i began working out and I soon realised that the hGH was making me make huge gains very quickly so I didn't want yo get off of it, so I started taking it again. But now I stopped because I just kinda want to.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
And no, no friend told me to take it, I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford $4000 a month of med grade hGH

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I talked to.her extensively about the bone growth, the skin thickening, and the organ growth. She said, according to the xrays, it had not matured enough to.cause any significant health problems. It was still in its early stages, early enough that it can be mostly repaired very easily. And another 3 months of hGH wasn't gonna make it any worse it any better. So since thay appt I've been on it for 7 weeks and I just stopped today

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
I talked to.her extensively about the bone growth, the skin thickening, and the organ growth. She said, according to the xrays, it had not matured enough to.cause any significant health problems. It was still in its early stages, early enough that it can be mostly repaired very easily. And another 3 months of hGH wasn't gonna make it any worse it any better. So since thay appt I've been on it for 7 weeks and I just stopped today
Get a second opinion from another doc bro. Docs makes mistakes too, some know their sh**, other don't...
In the end its still YOUR body and if you feel not good with it then stop it, no matter what your doc said. You don't want to be cave man just because you listening to a person with certifications....

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
HGH is a wonderful thing, but its extremely risky IMO, you should take it under supervision of a certified doctor, and monitor every single aspect, i am surprised youve been on the drug for too long, and you make it look as if you only were using it for vanity... steroids are way safer than HGH IMO, HGH only has place in the medical department and no in sports (thats what i think)... altho you are very young so you shouldnt touch steroids... and HGH, well you said your endo put you on it, but id be extremely freaked out if my forehead were turning into a cavesman forehead... considering that acromegaly is a very serious condition and even worse, is not always reversible, read more on it, so yes, get a second opinion. best of luck

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Actually, nephrologist put me on it, I only went to an endo after my orthopedic took xrays and noticed slight acromagaly that had developed within the last year

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Get a second opinion from another doc bro. Docs makes mistakes too, some know their sh**, other don't...
In the end its still YOUR body and if you feel not good with it then stop it, no matter what your doc said. You don't want to be cave man just because you listening to a person with certifications....
I don't trust many docs but this doctor knew her s***. Im pretty sire she's like the head doc of the pediatric endocrinology dept at Massachusetts General Hospital.