hGH Acromegaly protruded forehead - AnabolicMinds.com

hGH Acromegaly protruded forehead

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Exclamation hGH Acromegaly protruded forehead

I am a 20 year old male. Been bodybuilding for about 8 months. When I was younger my doc put me on hGH because I was extremely short. I have grown to about 5' 7", however, over the past year I have been noticing my hands increasing in size, and my forehead and bones beginning to protrude. On my last orthopedic appt my .doc said I have early Acromagely and to stop the hormone until I see an endocrinologist. So for 6 weeks I was off of the hormone before I finally got my appt. During that period, my forehead began shrinking slightly, but I couldn't make any headway in the gym. My endocrinologist said it would be ok to do another 6 months of the hormone, however, after only about a month back on it, I'm noticing the forehead protrusion getting worse, almost caveman looking. Should I stop it now? Or should I suck it up for a couple more months and hope the forehead shrinks back to normal after I'm finished with my regimen. The endocrinologist did say since I'm young everything should go back to normal, but I don't wanna look like the friggen caveman from the geico commercials.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.

jesus christ bro

i would get a second opinion on that
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan
    I am a 20 year old male. Been bodybuilding for about 8 months. When I was younger my doc put me on hGH because I was extremely short. I have grown to about 5' 7", however, over the past year I have been noticing my hands increasing in size, and my forehead and bones beginning to protrude. On my last orthopedic appt my .doc said I have early Acromagely and to stop the hormone until I see an endocrinologist. So for 6 weeks I was off of the hormone before I finally got my appt. During that period, my forehead began shrinking slightly, but I couldn't make any headway in the gym. My endocrinologist said it would be ok to do another 6 months of the hormone, however, after only about a month back on it, I'm noticing the forehead protrusion getting worse, almost caveman looking. Should I stop it now? Or should I suck it up for a couple more months and hope the forehead shrinks back to normal after I'm finished with my regimen. The endocrinologist did say since I'm young everything should go back to normal, but I don't wanna look like the friggen caveman from the geico commercials.
    I'd stop why the F would you wanna continue something that makes you look like a cave man?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

I just wanna get huge and test boosters/ pro hormones give me severe acne, but hGH doesn't
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

I just wanna get huge and test boosters/ pro hormones give me severe acne, but hGH doesn't
    I think the age requirement to talk about AAS/PH/DS etc for this forum is 21yrs. But I'd discontinue use if you're getting this type of reaction... wouldn't wanna be Swole with a permanently disfigured face
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

It's said that "The Big Show" has this disorder ...

Name:  6b243ky.jpg
Views: 3911
Size:  23.4 KB

Personally - I'd do what the doc told me to do in this case.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Is there any way I can do hormone/test/deca pills cycles without the acne explosion??
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HondaV65 View Post
    It's said that "The Big Show" has this disorder ...

Name:  6b243ky.jpg
Views: 3911
Size:  23.4 KB

Personally - I'd do what the doc told me to do in this case.
    I was told that my disorder is reversible since I'm still young but idk if i believe it
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  187 lbs.

I was told that my disorder is reversible since I'm still young but idk if i believe it
    Wrong dude
  10. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemilk View Post
    jesus christ bro

i would get a second opinion on that
    I concur
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    Is there any way I can do hormone/test/deca pills cycles without the acne explosion??
    Excuse me if I'm being rude but you are thinking about continuing with the HGH even though you are getting body disfigurement. Yet you are afraid of test boosters because of a couple pimples? Sounds like some seriously flawed logic to me!

I personally don't think you should take ANYTHING until you get a second doctors opinion.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Axillist

Excuse me if I'm being rude but you are thinking about continuing with the HGH even though you are getting body disfigurement. Yet you are afraid of test boosters because of a couple pimples? Sounds like some seriously flawed logic to me!

I personally don't think you should take ANYTHING until you get a second doctors opinion.
    There's no helping this kid. I've told him a few times to discontinue use. But he wants to get Hyooge!
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGT99 View Post
    There's no helping this kid. I've told him a few times to discontinue use. But he wants to get Hyooge!
    Guess it's his prerogative if he want's to look like Fred Flintstone.
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Axillist View Post
    Guess it's his prerogative if he want's to look like Fred Flintstone.
    pmsl,

OP If your going to go through with it take a lower dosage if you can (i don't know how that sh*t works)
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Heard of One case that a woman had the same condition... she had plastic surgery where they sanded down her forehead. Yeah... growing bones don't shrink very well.

Sent from my super duper VS920 4G using Am.com app!
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Supplements for bodybuilders
    Http://www.blacklionresearch.com
  16. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhns2
    Heard of One case that a woman had the same condition... she had plastic surgery where they sanded down her forehead. Yeah... growing bones don't shrink very well.

Sanded down her forehead? Jesus....
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by foxpharma

Sanded down her forehead? Jesus....
    Yeah supposedly cut it out, sanded it down, and reattached it. Was in my college class. My teacher was very anti supplements, or performance enhancing. They end up looking like the geico cave man with too much hgh hahaha. Acne vs cave man. I'll take acne any day.

BLACK LION RESEARCH
  18. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhns2

Yeah supposedly cut it out, sanded it down, and reattached it. Was in my college class. My teacher was very anti supplements, or performance enhancing. They end up looking like the geico cave man with too much hgh hahaha. Acne vs cave man. I'll take acne any day.

Good god that's sounds horrible. Acne vs cave man? Always acne or more bacne in my case (all on my back lol)
  19. Banned
    Stats
    5'7"  187 lbs.

Sanding down....
    Hm... I try to figure out how this work look like

Name:  ForumRunner_20120724_130654.png
Views: 907
Size:  349.3 KB
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

You've been bodybuilding 8 months and can't gain without hgh? You don't need supplements, you need the basics of diet and training. You're 20 years old and, no, acromegaly and bone growth is not reversible.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

So I only have about 175 IUs left of my prescription anyway, so I've decided to ween myself off of it so I dont shock my system by suddenly stopping it
  22. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

if you can still apply for prescription (repeat prescription, stock it up
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Let's slow the bus down here for a second. First, how many iu's are/were taking prior to noticing this problem? Second, acromegaly is caused, in part, because of SUPRAPHYSIOLOGICAL hgh secretion by the anterior pituitary.

I did a quick lit search and found only 2 case studies of hgh replacement therapy induced acromegaly. Both were people in their 60's.

Part of me thinks this is all in your head - no pun intended. Do you have measurements of your skull pre and post therapy? Personally, I'd like to see some pre and post pics as well.

<------skeptical...
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Let's slow the bus down here for a second. First, how many iu's are/were taking prior to noticing this problem? Second, acromegaly is caused, in part, because of SUPRAPHYSIOLOGICAL hgh secretion by the anterior pituitary.

I did a quick lit search and found only 2 case studies of hgh replacement therapy induced acromegaly. Both were people in their 60's.

Part of me thinks this is all in your head - no pun intended. Do you have measurements of your skull pre and post therapy? Personally, I'd like to see some pre and post pics as well.

<------skeptical...
    Interesting. I'd be curious about this as well.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

I was put on the hgh when I was 14, I took it until about march. I started off at 9 IUs and as the years went on went up to 13.2 IUs. Then in march I stopped for 6 weeks, then restarted it at 10.2 IUs, went down to 9 IUs and last couple of nights took 8.4 IUs. Now also during this time, occasionally I have stopped for a few weeks over the years anyway. I currently have 3 60IU viles left.
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I was put on the hgh when I was 14, I took it until about march. I started off at 9 IUs and as the years went on went up to 13.2 IUs. Then in march I stopped for 6 weeks, then restarted it at 10.2 IUs, went down to 9 IUs and last couple of nights took 8.4 IUs. Now also during this time, occasionally I have stopped for a few weeks over the years anyway. I currently have 3 60IU viles left.
    Well, those are certainly suprapysiological doses. Have they given you an acromegaly diagnosis?

How old are you? You mentioned you were 5'7", I'm not entirely sure that warrants hgh therapy. Did you grow height wise during the therapy?

Taking hgh for idiopathic short stature is one thing, taking it for gains in the gym is another.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

I grew 16 inches while on it and I got a diagnosis of "slight" Acromagely in March. They said it was right in its beginning stages. But then I went to my endo and she was like yeah, not to worry, its minor and you're still young so it will mostly go away. Then she said I could finish the hGH that I had left, which was several months worth
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

did anyone miss his age and that he has ALREADY done PH's...

kids a lost cause imho..
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Pretty sure natty test boosters are not PHs, JS
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

And lemme rephrase what I said before, I was on AEN APE a natty test booster, it gave me great results, but with severe acne. I would like to go on PHs becausse I know a couple of people that are absolutely ripped from taking them so I was talkin to.them avout it and theyre like well if the natty stuff gave you acne, this stuff will be even worse
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

After a little more lit searching, I found that the average increase in height per year is 2 inches. You've grown 16"'in 6 years so you're ahead of the game.

My spidey senses are picking up both immaturity and screwed up priorities.

Here's an idea: drop the hgh and get your diet and training in order.

Good luck...
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

I don't disagree with you, my priorities are slightly off. Now. according to my bone age, the most I could grow is abother 1/2-1 inch, is it worth staying on the hGH for such a slight change??
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

I don't disagree with you, my priorities are slightly off. Now. according to my bone age, the most I could grow is abother 1/2-1 inch, is it worth staying on the hGH for such a slight change??
    That, young man, is a question only you can answer...
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Acnedren by blr is good for acne.

BLACK LION RESEARCH
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Axillist View Post
    This guy gets it. Even if we take into account that you think and enlarged forehead is more attractive than acne, last time I checked acne is pretty reversible. I certainly wouldn't take the same assumption with bone growth.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamTaylor View Post
    I push myself to limits everyday i train tbh, visited my mum yesterday and she said i looked a bit bigger, she doesnt know about the steroids
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Had to

Attached Images Attached Images  
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

SCREW IT, I'm junking the rest, any ideas on what to do with it? It's about 150 IUs left
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

You where on NINE Iu's at one point AND THEN THIRTEEN?!

MY GOD

I could get amazing results AT FIVE IU'S A SAY WTF KIND OF DOCTOR PUT YOU ON THAT MUCH

Or where you abusing it

^probably the case

Good luck geico boy
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

So youre telling me you have a tyra banks sized forehead? Daaaaangggg. Itd take an ant a month to walk across that!

Drop the hgh and prioritize your priorities.
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    BJOHNSON15 @MYOKEM.COM FOR 15% OFF

PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Back when I stopped it for 6 weeks my forehead actually did begin to shrink, but I stupidly started it again cuz my endo said a few more months wouldn't do anything since Acromagely takes years to develop but I've been on it for like 5-6 weeks and i just dont feel like its worth it so I'm just gonna dump it. And no 13.2 IUs was my prescription. I was on that dose for a few years. I was on hGH since I was 14,
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. HGH and height increase at 18
    By BeastMode in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 10:07 PM
  2. Basic questions about HGH
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 05:07 PM
  3. HGH and disc injuries
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics