What is your favorite excuse to turn down a drink?

Axiles

Axiles

Awards

What is your favorite excuse to turn down a drink when you are on cycle? I'm not a big fan of alcohol
at all, but once or twice per year I do drink.

Now here is my situation:
I carefully researched, planed, ordered and started my first cycle. So I'm ON. For the first time. I'm trying
to do my very best and than Boom! My wife throw in a big party!!! O boy!

Ours family party are more like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" (except for Windex part) and dark force will
be very strong here. So how do you turn down the drink without seeming like a killjoy? I must be present,
sickness is not an option and telling the truth is a suicide. Any Ideas ???

Help Please!

?

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
Won't hurt to have a few, just nurse it and if shots come out do the ol take the shot but backwash it in a beer when you use it as a chaser... You could drive and be the DD if that's an option.... Or just get blasted and have fun if your on injectables, if methyls, then I get your apprehension...

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
drink a whey shake or water out of a red solo cup... no one will know the diff.

or seltzer and cranberry?

You think any one will notice once they have a drink or two or 10 in them? :)

Axiles

Axiles

Awards
Won't hurt to have a few, just nurse it and if shots come out do the ol take the shot but backwash it in a beer when you use it as a chaser... You could drive and be the DD if that's an option.... Or just get blasted and have fun if your on injectables, if methyls, then I get your apprehension...
Running Ibe Epi and party is gonna be in my house so DD is not an option:-(

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Do this. Get a beer poor it out. Fill it with water. Refill as needed.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Or go Bear Gryles on a sixer of rolling rock? No one would know the difference :)

Axiles

Axiles

Awards
drink a whey shake or water out of a red solo cup... no one will know the diff.

or seltzer and cranberry?

You think any one will notice once they have a drink or two or 10 in them? :)
Nobody will believe me that I'm drinking Slivovitz from Red Solo Cap :) Only well trained Russian dude from northern part of Siberia can
survive that!!!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
since when do you need to drink to have fun at a party? I really think you will be thinking of it more than others. say your on antiboitics matbe?

Damorgs

Awards
I use the following;
I'm on antibiotics for a flu.
I have a bet with a mate not to drink for 1 month.
I'm on a health binge with healthy eating etc.

Beyond those, if they still push I just tell them I don't need a drink to have fun, which is completely true so that's where the conversation stops. I dont really see it as a killjoy and really shouldn't have to explain that you don't want to ruin all your work in the gym.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
I just tell them my doctor diagnosed me beeritis.... and a beer would kill me instantly.

Axiles

Axiles

Awards
I use the following;
I'm on antibiotics for a flu.
I have a bet with a mate not to drink for 1 month.
I'm on a health binge with healthy eating etc.

Beyond those, if they still push I just tell them I don't need a drink to have fun, which is completely true so that's where the conversation stops. I dont really see it as a killjoy and really shouldn't have to explain that you don't want to ruin all your work in the gym.
1.I'm on antibiotics for a flu. Negative. My wife will never call a party when someone is a sick.
2.I have a bet with a mate not to drink for 1 month. Negative. My wife know me well she will never buy this one and will start to sniff around!
3.I'm on a health binge with healthy eatingNegative Common man one drink once a year? They know I'm not that strict and they are family!!
4.I don't need a drink to have fun, which is completely true so that's where the conversation stops. Yes And that is killjoy because I just told my father in law that he needs to drink to have a fun. Somehow I would like to avoid that :)
5.I don't want to ruin all my work in the gym. Positive!!! I can definitely use this one since my surroundings knows about my passion and it is very diplomatic too!

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
So you're on epi...well, technically it could be worse (epi, despite being a methyl, tends to be more "mild" in terms of liver toxicity). What liver support are you currently running with it?

When I go out with friends, I just always insist on buying rounds, or else tell one of my friends I'll get his next drink. Whenever I order the rounds or the solo drink, I just get a diet coke, and if anyone asks what I'm drinking, I say a Whiskey + diet. If all else fails, I'll tell them I'm on a new medication that my doctor said I shouldn't combine with alcohol. If you act shy about it, decent people won't try and pry to find out what it is (of course, they never would suspect an anabolic).

Of course, your party is at home. Emptying the beer can and filling with water is a good idea. Another is to pour your own drinks, and just use a small amount of alcohol in the drinks with a lot of mixer: then nurse them. Small amounts of alcohol and methyls won't instantly combine to bring you death, but I would certainly advise against getting to a point of tipsiness or drunkenness.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
People stop drinking while on cycle? News to me lol.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Methylated substances are toxic to your liver. Your liver is under considerably more stress while taking methyls, and alcohol, which is known to be quite toxic towards your liver as well, holds a particularly larger risk of damaging your liver while taking a methylated compound.

Injectibles like Test-e are also hepatoxic no matter what way you spin it, but I would certainly feel more comfortable imbibing while just on test than on an oral.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Methylated substances are toxic to your liver. Your liver is under considerably more stress while taking methyls, and alcohol, which is known to be quite toxic towards your liver as well, holds a particularly larger risk of damaging your liver while taking a methylated compound.

Injectibles like Test-e are also hepatoxic no matter what way you spin it, but I would certainly feel more comfortable imbibing while just on test than on an oral.
Since when is test hepatotoxic? Tren, yes, but not test.

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Just googling it...

Long-term use of exogenous testosterone can result in peliosis hepatitis (the development of blood-filled cysts inside the liver and/or kidneys), which can result in death...Testosterone can cause changes in liver levels, and can also cause excess sodium and water retention, which puts additional strain on the liver and kidneys.

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
Haven't really done a cycle but if I'm on I'll probably just say I'm taking meds to normalize my liver enzymes so I can't drink. Seems solid enough to me without people trying to pry into why.

dixonyohand

Awards
Your a grown adult you don't need an excuse to not drink. If someone ask why you aren't tell them your watching what you eat more carefully no need to jump through hoops with excuses. If you do decide to drink it won't kill you either, only have a few, drink them slow, and rehydrate with water.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Axiles

Axiles

Awards
So you're on epi...well, technically it could be worse (epi, despite being a methyl, tends to be more "mild" in terms of liver toxicity). What liver support are you currently running with it?

When I go out with friends, I just always insist on buying rounds, or else tell one of my friends I'll get his next drink. Whenever I order the rounds or the solo drink, I just get a diet coke, and if anyone asks what I'm drinking, I say a Whiskey + diet. If all else fails, I'll tell them I'm on a new medication that my doctor said I shouldn't combine with alcohol. If you act shy about it, decent people won't try and pry to find out what it is (of course, they never would suspect an anabolic).

Of course, your party is at home. Emptying the beer can and filling with water is a good idea. Another is to pour your own drinks, and just use a small amount of alcohol in the drinks with a lot of mixer: then nurse them. Small amounts of alcohol and methyls won't instantly combine to bring you death, but I would certainly advise against getting to a point of tipsiness or drunkenness.
What liver support are you currently running with it?
For liver support I have Cycle Assist, than fish oil and flax-amin for joints, multi-v, B-complex plus extra 300mg vit C, Calcium Magnesium Zinc, Taurine, 2000 IU D3 and Baby Aspirin.

Jameson653

Jameson653

Awards
I don't feel like drinking tonight, I just wanna have some fun. Only people that are questioning their own drinking will give a **** and that's on them. I don't drink ever and I tell ppl that. If they don't like it, **** off. Hope it goes well

I eat my ice cream with superdrol sprinkles

dixonyohand

Awards
Am I the only one who noticed that this post basically said that the OP didn't need to make excuses, and then supplied him with an excuse to use?
i would call it more of a reason then excuse. an excuse is an apology for not doing something, i would never consider trying to better yourself an excuse.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I suppose " I try only to drink when I am around attractive people" is out of the question???

Axiles

Axiles

Awards
Your a grown adult you don't need an excuse to not drink. If someone ask why you aren't tell them your watching what you eat more carefully no need to jump through hoops with excuses. If you do decide to drink it won't kill you either, only have a few, drink them slow, and rehydrate with water.

There is a thread on this forum where op insisting that 2 beers ruined his Epi cycle :)

Axiles

Axiles

Awards
I suppose " I try only to drink when I am around attractive people" is out of the question???

Lol, my friends are attractive people!!!

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
To be honest OP, I think it's a good idea to let your wife know you're cycling and explain why. I don't tell or explain if I've been dating some chick for a few months, but for relationships going for a year or more or, in your case, one that's supposed to last the rest of your life...I would certainly advise truthfulness in such relationships.

But, of course, I'm speaking as an unmarried man.

Axiles

Axiles

Awards
Haven't really done a cycle but if I'm on I'll probably just say I'm taking meds to normalize my liver enzymes so I can't drink. Seems solid enough to me without people trying to pry into why.
Solid and original.

dixonyohand

Awards

There is a thread on this forum where op insisting that 2 beers ruined his Epi cycle :)
then i simply wouldn't listen to him. if it really did impact his cycle he must of had previous unattended health issues. the ph your taking will have much more negative effects on your body then the 2 beers.

Axiles

Axiles

Awards
To be honest OP, I think it's a good idea to let your wife know you're cycling and explain why. I don't tell or explain if I've been dating some chick for a few months, but for relationships going for a year or more or, in your case, one that's supposed to last the rest of your life...I would certainly advise truthfulness in such relationships.

But, of course, I'm speaking as an unmarried man.
And you are speaking very wisely my friend.
I was just afraid that someone will bring this one out. Yes, I thing you are right. But I need my time for that. It is just too risky to do it now in the middle of the cycle:)))

amiller745

Awards
Tell them your cycling and if they don't like it then they can leave

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
I understand not wanting to do it mid-cycle. If she flips out and throws all of your supplies in the trash, then you'll really be in a pickle.

I like miller's suggestion. Except I'd actually like it to be more dramatic. I'd like you to say "No, I won't be drinking...I'm taking STEROIDS!" and then rip your shirt off a-la-Hulk Hogan. Make sure you're oiled up and have several very bright lights on you. Your wife will be so overpowered by the urge to have sex with you that she won't even mind the announcement.

Axiles

Axiles

Awards
I understand not wanting to do it mid-cycle. If she flips out and throws all of your supplies in the trash, then you'll really be in a pickle.

I like miller's suggestion. Except I'd actually like it to be more dramatic. I'd like you to say "No, I won't be drinking...I'm taking STEROIDS!" and then rip your shirt off a-la-Hulk Hogan. Make sure you're oiled up and have several very bright lights on you. Your wife will be so overpowered by the urge to have sex with you that she won't even mind the announcement.
Miller's suggestion? Ja! Natürlich :)
My wife will be so overpowered by the urge to have sex with me that she will kill me on the spot!

HollywoodHam

HollywoodHam

Awards
tell them no thanks, you've already had 10

What is your favorite excuse to turn down a drink when you are on cycle? I'm not a big fan of alcohol

I carefully researched, planed, ordered and started my first cycle. So I'm ON. For the first time. I'm trying

Ours family party are more like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" (except for Windex part) and dark force will
be very strong here. So how do you turn down the drink without seeming like a killjoy? I must be present,

Help Please!

?

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
My favorite excuse: I can't drink alcohol, I'm on steroids.
I use it even when I'm not cycling. :)

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Honestly just say NO. I know that is old school But why do you have to drink to have fun ? I My friends all know if im down to party I will be a ring leader if need be, but if IM serious about my diet and everything they know its a wasted effort to ask.

HollywoodHam

HollywoodHam

Awards
1. tell them drinking puts your muscles in a state of catabolism and if you drink youll destroy all the hard work youve been doing
2. tell them you have heartburn(nobody wants to drink with heartburn unless your an alcoholic)
3. tell them if you have a drink you might punch someone in the face
4.your on probation/parole/pre-sentencing investigation/etc.

one of those has to work, but honestly, you dont need to give a reason to anyone else, when they ask why, tell them you dont need a ****ing reason. If the pressure you any further, then **** them, they dont care about you anyway.

Lol, that wouldn't work!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

So you're going to lecture me, from Google.

Fantastic.

HollywoodHam

HollywoodHam

Awards
i agree, your real friends and family will always understand.

Honestly just say NO. I know that is old school But why do you have to drink to have fun ? I My friends all know if im down to party I will be a ring leader if need be, but if IM serious about my diet and everything they know its a wasted effort to ask.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Help Please!

?
i say im not drinking right now, im on a strict diet, and empty carbs isn't on it. then proceed to eat beef nachos & salsa.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
testosterone isn't hepatotoxic (that is how you spell it btw)

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont drink on cycle, and wouldn't condone anyone else either, be it methyl or non methyl steroids, but to each their own.

:smoker:

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I got it – just tell them you want to make sure you are good and sober when you and your wife conceive your fist child sometime later that evening.

Please send me a lovely gift or hand drawing for solving your dilemma.

Axiles

Axiles

Awards
I got it – just tell them you want to make sure you are good and sober when you and your wife conceive your fist child sometime later that evening.

Please send me a lovely gift or hand drawing for solving your dilemma.
Sorry, not first, not second nor third. And don't tell this to my wife because she actually wont MORE!