Methyl-DHT is same as Proviron?

gobus

Awards
Isn't Proviron just a methylated form of DHT? So wouldn't MDHT just be Proviron and have the same effects? If so, this would be great for my actual steroid cycles!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Isn't Proviron just a methylated form of DHT? So wouldn't MDHT just be Proviron and have the same effects? If so, this would be great for my actual steroid cycles!
Similar, but different. Proviron is 1-methyl-dihydrotestosterone, or mesterolone. There's also 2-methyl-dihydrotestosterone, or masteron. MDHT is 17-alpha-methyl-dihydrotestosterone, or mestanolone. It should be very similar but it's not the same thing technically. If I'm right it looks as if the only difference is the type of methylation.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
this would be good for your cycles regardless of what it's called. it's good stuff

gobus

Awards
Similar, but different. Proviron is 1-methyl-dihydrotestosterone, or mesterolone. There's also 2-methyl-dihydrotestosterone, or masteron. MDHT is 17-alpha-methyl-dihydrotestosterone, or mestanolone. It should be very similar but it's not the same thing technically. If I'm right it looks as if the only difference is the type of methylation.
Do you think it would bind to SHBG like Proviron, enabling more free test in your system?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Do you think it would bind to SHBG like Proviron, enabling more free test in your system?
I don't even know, bro. Need someone with more knowledge than me. I don't see what it wouldn't, because almost all versions of DHT seem to have the same properties, just in slightly different ratios to each other.

If the difference is just the methylation then it should, but then again using it in amounts comparable to Proviron would become more risky asI think the methylation here is stronger. Some guys pop 100mgs per day of Proviron, sometimes more, which might not be advisable with MethylDHT. Since it was used before as an actual steroid there should be some research as to its liver toxicity, I just don't have it at hand.

biomax

Awards
I don't even know, bro. Need someone with more knowledge than me. I don't see what it wouldn't, because almost all versions of DHT seem to have the same properties, just in slightly different ratios to each other.

If the difference is just the methylation then it should, but then again using it in amounts comparable to Proviron would become more risky asI think the methylation here is stronger. Some guys pop 100mgs per day of Proviron, sometimes more, which might not be advisable with MethylDHT. Since it was used before as an actual steroid there should be some research as to its liver toxicity, I just don't have it at hand.
I've used 50mg of proviron per day, in the past with great success.Does anybody have an idea how the different methylation is going affect the dose of mestanolone I have to take to get the same result.I know it would less but anybody have some numbers(mg's) I can go by?

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
The methylation at 17a (mestanolone MDHT) will make it much stronger. 1 methylation (proviron or mesterolone) makes it completley different. proviron has little to no anabolic effect at all and its also pretty weak and helping to lower free estrogen. it does bind to shbg which in turns creates more free test which should technically make you more anabolic but it is completely different from methyldht.

MDHT max dose is going to be around 100mgs which you will definetly see a difference when compared to proiviron. Methylation has huge effects on the base compound, it changes them completly even in something so simple as being methylated in a different spot.

with masteron (drostanolone) you have a totaly different compound then the other 2 and there are other modifications that can be made to the ring structure to change the compound even further. so dont think just because the methylation might be different in one spot that they will still be very similar, proviron will be completely different from both methyl-dht and masteron with masteron being the better choice of all 3.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
with masteron (drostanolone) you have a totaly different compound then the other 2 and there are other modifications that can be made to the ring structure to change the compound even further. so dont think just because the methylation might be different in one spot that they will still be very similar, proviron will be completely different from both methyl-dht and masteron with masteron being the better choice of all 3.
Interesting. Never heard much about masteron, was it ever marketed or just researched and then dropped?

biomax

Awards
Sledge thanx for that very knowledgeble answer.It explained quite a few things.I am going to give the MDHT a try and see how it differs from my proviron experience.I wil start at 25mg a day and then take it from there.These new stuff is really fun to experiment with, just a pity that the party is only going to last till mid January 05'.

Going to the Max

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
CDB it was a great compound 10 years ago, there are a few fakes of it out now in underground labs but I highly doubt its real. Most likely it is probably trenbolone acetate (if i had to guess).

Masteron is a really good androgen in my book, a great bulker or cutter depending on how you use or if you stack it with anything. If you do a basic google search you can probably find tons of info on it.

Biomax, you are right about the party being over, it does suck to think its all going to be gon ein a few months. Thank the USFA though we got the 90 day grace period.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Some UG labs are now making masteron (dros.) enanthate

I've seen some guys that are quite interested in masteron on a cutting cycle.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
oh its a great steroid, IMO. You can use it for bulking too, just need to adjust the dose and the rest of the compounds in the stack.