Getting my PCT workout routine set
- 07-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Getting my PCT workout routine set
Thanks to all those who have helped me w PCT setup.
Now I'm trying to switch up my routine so that I'm not putting too much stress on my body during PCT. I was wondering if it's possible to switch from a 4 day split to a 3 day, and just decrease the amt of sets for each body part.
So, instead of my current workout:
(1) Abs & Back (15 sets / 18-20 sets) (2) Quads, Hams & Calves (9 sets / 6 sets / 8 or 9 sets) (3) Chest, Bi's & forearms (16 sets / 15 sets / 5 sets) (4) Shoulders / Tri's (15 sets / 15 sets)
I would do:
(1) Back, Chest, forearms (10 / 10 / 5 ), (2) Shoulders / Bi's / Tri's (10 / 8 / 8), (3) Quads / Hams / Calves / Abs (6 / 4 / 6 / 8)
And instead of doing 4 or 5 days on / 1 day off, I can switch to 2 or 3 days on / 1 or 2 days off. This could also hopefully help me make some room for light cardio. I've read people saying cardio isn't advised during PCT, but I think they were referring to more higher intensity stuff; I was thinking of doing 3-4 days lifting per week, 2-3 days of ~ 25 min of moderate to light cardio.
I would also do less taxing stuff, i.e. more machine & cable based stuff; e.g. leg press instead of barbell squats, leg curls instead of stiff leg deadlifts, cable shoulder press instead of dumbbell shoulder press.
Anyway, any advise on whether or not this is a wise PCT-type workout setup, if it's wise to go from 4 day to a 3 day split, and any other PCT workout tips would be very much appreciated!
Thanks a lothttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/198301-first-cycle-log.html
- 07-02-2012, 01:32 PM
You should push your body in pct. Decrease stress when pct is complete. Reason? Better chance to keep gains if your body still thinks it needs to improve. Atleast in my case. Excess calories are important too. You shouldn't change your routine haha.Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt
07-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Damn good advice. I know most guys (including myself) continue to make gains during PCT. If you're gonna change anything, up your intensity and food intake.Originally Posted by pyrobatt
07-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Seriously? Damn I had things completely backwards! Thanks guys, very much appreciated. Definitely hear you on the diet, keeping protein and calories high. Will probably switch up the workout, but not in the very basic way I was going to. I'll keep the intensity up!
07-02-2012, 02:30 PM
AlsoOriginally Posted by Harry Seaward
Lower your carbs by maybe 10 to 40 grams to prevent fat storage. Remember steroids are a sublime nutrient partitioner and your body has to adjust to them not being there. Consume the same amount of fat and replace that 10 to 40g of carbs with protien. Your glycogen stores replenish in about 24 hours anyway so no worries on that.
Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt
Similar Forum Threads
- By jumpshot903 in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 10-31-2010, 09:57 AM
- By halflife3 in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 01-15-2009, 08:26 PM
- By Jegs66 in forum Training ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 08-24-2007, 10:43 AM
- By Sendo in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 5Last Post: 09-06-2005, 11:28 AM
- By legaljuicer in forum Training ForumReplies: 30Last Post: 02-03-2004, 12:47 AM