Does the hcg diet work ? And what are the risks of it

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no it doesn't work. its a 500 calorie a day diet, biggest risk is loss of muscle and rebound weight gain at the end.

asamkhan

asamkhan

Awards
I've read that you don't lose Any muscle mass with it,it said on this article that I was reading that it only burns of your fat

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sure you have read that, but it is a lie.

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
If it was that incredible everyone would do it.

Sent from my super duper VS920 4G using Am.com app!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't say it doesn't work. What I would say, though, is it shouldn't be a first choice for someone and I wouldn't call it an optimal plan.

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
Lifestyle change ftw

Sent from my super duper VS920 4G using Am.com app!

asamkhan

asamkhan

Awards
I wouldn't say it doesn't work. What I would say, though, is it shouldn't be a first choice for someone and I wouldn't call it an optimal plan.
I wouldn't use it as a first option pal but I've got Ramadan coming up and will not be eating right during that month but the reason why I'm thinking of taking hcg is because it will help block me from feeling hungry,also when Ramadan Is finished I am thinking of taking some sort of test and was hoping I would not have such a bloated lok as my fat levels will go down

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't use it as a first option pal but I've got Ramadan coming up and will not be eating right during that month but the reason why I'm thinking of taking hcg is because it will help block me from feeling hungry,also when Ramadan Is finished I am thinking of taking some sort of test and was hoping I would not have such a bloated lok as my fat levels will go down
use water or bulk on fiber before sunrise. Ramadan is perfect intermittent fasting

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
It would be awesome if that worked for the simple fact that I would save a ton of money on food.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've talked to a handful of people who have used it successfully (even in the bodybuilding community). I did it for just shy of 2 weeks and stopped because I started gaining a pound a day (don't ask me how that's possible), but my body was never hungry; it was just the mental aspect of knowing you're not eating that was hard. I PR'ed on deadlifts around Day 9 or 10 of it, though, which seems kind of ridiculous.

asamkhan

asamkhan

Awards
I've talked to a handful of people who have used it successfully (even in the bodybuilding community). I did it for just shy of 2 weeks and stopped because I started gaining a pound a day (don't ask me how that's possible), but my body was never hungry; it was just the mental aspect of knowing you're not eating that was hard. I PR'ed on deadlifts around Day 9 or 10 of it, though, which seems kind of ridiculous.
Wow that's the first time I've heard anyone put weight on with it,also it's the first time ive heard anyone say they pr'ed on ur.how much iu was you taking every day ?

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Intermittent fasting is a diet program where you only eat certain hours a day. Ramadam is an islamic holiday that is pretty much religious intermittent fasting.

What do you mean pal I don't understand

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you mean pal I don't understand
Intermittent fasting is a diet program where you only eat certain hours a day. Ramadam is an islamic holiday that is pretty much religious intermittent fasting.
well, you can't eat from sunrise to sundown right? so just prior to sunrise, stuff up on water + fiber with apple pectin. that will at least buy you a good bit of time before hunger starts to set in. As far as a fat loss diet, so long as you still hit your protein intake the intermittent fasting is quite effective

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19164831