Dealing with blood pressure on cycle

ladiesman217

Awards
Any advice? I'm
Guessing nearly exert aas user gets high bp readings. .

My next cycle I want to have it under control, what's everyones info regarding this? I was using test prop , and will use again.
Cheers ..

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What is high to you? What is your bp off cycle?
I have thrown alot of supplements at bp on cycle and still barely kept it under control, but here's a list of what some studies and vets claim helps:
Arginine
Hawthorn berry
Magnesium
Taurine
Folic acid
Fish oil(and lots of it, salmon or krill is best)
Coq10

ladiesman217

Awards
What is high to you? What is your bp off cycle?
I have thrown alot of supplements at bp on cycle and still barely kept it under control, but here's a list of what some studies and vets claim helps:
Arginine
Hawthorn berry
Magnesium
Taurine
Folic acid
Fish oil(and lots of it, salmon or krill is best)
Coq10
Hey bud, my bp when I got it checked mid cycle was 145/70, so I regard that as high for a 23 yr old. Off cycle it is around the 120/70 mark, guess it wasn't a huge increase but any increase is dangerous.
Cheers for the info. I guess besides taking pharmaceutical drugs for bp there is no real winner...

Can I ask what yours was during cycle? And does it concern u

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I don't think you are going to be able to keep it at 120/70 so you'll need to except some increase. I wouldn't worry unless it is above 150/100 on a regular basis - http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/97/4/307.full

Patients with stage 1 blood pressures of between 140-159/90-99 mm Hg who have no other risk factors should try lifestyle modifications for a year before drug therapy is used. But if these patients have one risk factor other than diabetes, target organ, or clinical cardiac disease, their lifestyle modification should be tried for only 6 months before initiation therapy.
For patients with blood pressure above 150/100 mm Hg, drug therapy is recommended, no matter what the patients' risk factors.
There was also an article/book released here in Germany a short while ago from a Dr who was stating that (at least in Germany) until 1991 blood pressure medication wasn't prescribed to people unless their bp was regularly above 160/100 whereas now it's 140/90. Maybe there have been new studies showing that bp consistently over 140/90 can cause long term issues but for a 4 or 8 week cycle you should be fine.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Celery Seed extract does it for me, much better than Hawthorn berry IMO.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe there have been new studies showing that bp consistently over 140/90 can cause long term issues but for a 4 or 8 week cycle you should be fine.
Agreed. I have patients with bp's of 260/155. Granted they have non-functioning kidneys and could stroke at any moment, but my 158/88 on cycle thats now down to 130/70 is not an issue for me yet.. Sadly, no matter how fit I become, I may need to go on meds due to predisposition for high bp, but for now, supps, diet, and exercise can keep it somewhat controlled..

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Off cycle I'm usually around 115-120/65-68. Checked my BP today...139/54. Strong wtf on the bottom number, but the increase at the top is to be expected.

ladiesman217

Awards
Thanks for all the info guys.

From what I can gather, not too much concern for a 8 week cycle.Does anyone ever actually notice their heart is beating harder while on ? Not faster, just a deeper beat.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I haven't noticed a 'deeper' heartbeat but with some PHs I did notice some heart palpitations. This was definitely the case with Max LMG but wasn't something I remember having when running Epistane.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
What about estrogen control to keep water retention down? That should help bp a lot too.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What about estrogen control to keep water retention down? That should help bp a lot too.
adding adex helped my bp also by keeping some water retention down. Aromasin seems to work even better. Baby asprin always helped with bp sides like headaches and 'hot' ears..

Thanks for all the info guys.

From what I can gather, not too much concern for a 8 week cycle.Does anyone ever actually notice their heart is beating harder while on ? Not faster, just a deeper beat.
Absolutely... This is always irritating, sometimes my freakin super-pounding heart woke me up 40 minutes early for work, 3 a.m. :/

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any advice? I'm
Guessing nearly exert aas user gets high bp readings. .
depends on what you mean by high? you mean, technically high bp, or just high for you?

on cycle im never above pre hypertension levels, even when on a bunch of stimulants.

if you get high blood pressure on cycle, you probably aren't the healthiest, and should get some blood work among other test done before using anymore steroids.