Questions about Tamoxifen

mcr

Awards
I was prescribed Tamoxifen for gyno caused by some meds including finasteride. I never did any steroids.

how safe is Tamoxifen, especially in the long term? Does it really permanently alter your dna or is that just broscience? Does it cause other cancers in men like it does in women?

I am trying to determine whether it is worth me taking it to remove gyno, and whether it is worth taking to keep my E2 low going forward. Please include any relevant info.

Thank you.

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
How long term are you talking about?

Sent from my super duper VS920 4G using Am.com app!

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
And for e2 try exemestane.

mcr

Awards
Long term meaning for the next few decades, as long as I use finasteride.

I have a feeling that taking a cancer medication that long isn't smart.

Thoughts?

mstep

mstep

Awards
  • Established
taking finasteride that long aint good either. idk about some people but it killed my libido for months and took a few months of serms and natty tboosters to get it back

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
Look into raloxifene

mcr

Awards
Raloxifene seems very similar to tamoxifene, except less incidence of cancer or other problems. Less is still not good enough for me.

Are there any "natural' or herbal E blockers that actually work?

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
I'm not sure someone said vitamin D One time. Hormones are tricky, a super healthy diet I'm sure would help get you back in check. Check the anti-aging forum and there is a guy there that answers questions like this. He has answered about every question.

Callejul

Awards
Stats?
Height
List of medications
Duration of use
Current lifestyle activity? ( train once a week, biking, jogging etc...)
And if the other meds caused "gyno" why not stop them? Bump for more reaponses

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was prescribed Tamoxifen for gyno caused by some meds including finasteride. I never did any steroids.

how safe is Tamoxifen, especially in the long term? Does it really permanently alter your dna or is that just broscience? Does it cause other cancers in men like it does in women?

I am trying to determine whether it is worth me taking it to remove gyno, and whether it is worth taking to keep my E2 low going forward. Please include any relevant info.

Thank you.
So you had a doctor prescribe you something, and you didn't think to ask those question to HIM FIRST?