Prop 500 and var 100... how long until strength?

MN87

Awards
Hey y'all. Started my first cycle exactly a week ago on Monday. 100 mg var ED and 150 mg prop EOD.

I'm wondering why I haven't seen strength gains since starting the cycle. I don't mean to be impatient, so I apologize if it sounds like I am, but bear in mind I'm a noob, so I really don't know what to expect/when to expect it either way. I've read some people posting that var and prop gains kick in quick for them... but that hasn't 'really' been the case for me.

I don't think the gear is bunk. For what it's worth, I do think the gear IS kicking in. I have bloat that can ONLY be attributed to the test (have made no dietary changed since starting cycle), and THINK I am seeing vascularity in places I didn't otherwise have it from the var.

BUT I have yet to see the strength gains. And that's what I'm really moreso concerned about. When will that start to kick in?

Eric160

Awards
  • Established
most ppl feel the strength from var almost instantly. how are pumps and intensity and sex drive. u should be a horney mofo after just a few shots of prop

MN87

Awards
Sex drive is slightly up but I dunno if its anything worth posting about.

I had a crazy calf pump that lasted 3 days after my first injection, but I dunno if that was attributed moreso to the routine I was trying at the time (German volume) or the var. Other than that, I don't really get pumps from my type of training (powerlifting) and I haven't noticed much else out of the ordinary. Other than the huge bloat (definitely test induced).

I've read in a few places that var strength takes 2-3 weeks to kick in. I mean I'm bloated as hell so SOMETHING has to be kicking in right?... nothing else in my diet or lifestyle has changed since I got on so its GOTTA be the prop. I'm just waiting for the positive aspects to kick in.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Var is great but it doesn't give you the fast crazy size and strength like dbol or anadrol so it may take at least 2-3 weeks to kick in nice but you will get some nice lean mass with that var

chess315

chess315

Awards
I would say 2 weeks you should just jump in strength var is makes you super strong nothing really makes u stronger in a week unless it bloats the **** out of you and gives you more weight and better leverage.

MN87

Awards
Thanks guys that's about when I plan to start expecting it. 2-3 weeks in for the var. I got excited from some logs that were claiming about seeing var strength increases from day 1 but who knows what other factors were at work there.

How about the prop strength gains... when do they generally kick in, from your experiences? :)