When and why did you start taking steroids?

aussieman

aussieman

Awards
I've noticed over the last 18 month 2 years (atleast in AUS) alot more guy have started talking them. I have my sisters boyfriend, some of his friends and my friends friends asking for souces and most of them have bin in gym for less then 6 months? you have to remember most these guy are around 18. Its getting out of control i even had a guy come up to me as i was leaving gym about a month or so ago and ask me i then found out he singed up for gym that day.....

I have to admit i was to young when i first started taking AAS but i had my older brothers who also use to show me do's and don't. I had about 3-4 years of trainning under my belt before my first cylce. plus standing at 6'4 (now close to 6'6) and 220Lbs ish i was'nt what some people call small.

My reson behind it was for sport as im play rugby as a hobbie i wanted a leg up on everyone (yes i know cheatting) now im more just doing it for looks still play just not as much.

So how about you guys out there why are what you look at the mirrow every day :)

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
It is sad. I'm 19 and a lot of my friends use... And have been using for around. 6 moths straight and have no clue what they are doing.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bc I want to be a fitness model at some point before I'm to old and this will help me get there quicker with proper diet and exercise

aussieman

aussieman

Awards
It is sad. I'm 19 and a lot of my friends use... And have been using for around. 6 moths straight and have no clue what they are doing.
Yeah they are a bit stupid like whats wrong with the good old 500-750mg of Test a week and maybe some D-bols :p
I don't know anyone who uses them.
Well thats lucky man around my area go to a club and about 1/4 of the guys have mad bloat just look like they are eatting D-bols like m&m's
Bc I want to be a fitness model at some point before I'm to old and this will help me get there quicker with proper diet and exercise
Very true man i only had a short window to get into Pro bu i got tired of playing 4-5 time a week so now i just play as a hobbie and gym is my my new love. :)

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I'm dying to make a career out of being a fitness model man it use to be my dream now it's a goal :) I have the great face and complexion so I'm on my way surely but slowly just sucks being 5'9 but you can't tell height in photo shoots and magazines or even bowflex commercials anyway lol just no runway modeling for me I guess

aussieman

aussieman

Awards
Yeah I'm dying to make a career out of being a fitness model man it use to be my dream now it's a goal :) I have the great face and complexion so I'm on my way surely but slowly just sucks being 5'9 but you can't tell height in photo shoots and magazines or even bowflex commercials anyway lol just no runway modeling for me I guess
Yeah man i hope it all works out. I could'nt say i have a great face haha but body wise im going for the hulk look ;) and your right hight isnt everything man just get ripped as and you will always find work lol. Its like that Ronnie guy of Jersey Shore i meet him a few months ago he look fairly big on the show but he's TINY in real life hes only 5'7 i've got a photo standing next to him and its just stupid. ill try find it :p

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
I started taking them when I started bodybuilding competitively. Many older BBers I know saw a lot of potential in me to go pro, admittedly I was a bit weary but took the plunge and I have no regrets.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
ever since i started lifting i wanted to be bigger faster better looking and stronger than everyone else. i didnt use until recently though. i think i did the right thing waiting. but hell. i still do want to be bigger faster and stronger, so if it gives me the leg up, than so be it.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I waited until I was 30 to start, told myself that was about the age to do it if you were going to mess with it. Only did it for about 2 years or so....last 7 didn't do anything, and this past year PH/DS only....in my 20's did a lot of clen, ephedrine, 1-AD, 4-AD, androstendione etc....if you count that as "steroids" :D....which I suppose they are/were....but I assume this means REAL (illegal) AAS (injectible mostly, but orals too)....

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never started unless you count PH/PS/DS type products. Even with those I very rarely use them. I can make gains without them. Just have to work hard at it.

TayTeg

TayTeg

Awards
I got steroids issued with my high school jersey. Texas is very competitive.

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
I've only used a SARM so far but it was to help me get going better after coming back from depression. I'm almost happy it happened to me though because it really kicked my ass into gear afterwards and my training/dieting has been a lot more serious since then. The heaviest I really was before that was 145 but I'm almost at 170 now.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
I only started in May. I had been training for 4 years and had made some very admirable progress in my physique goals, but it was difficult to know if I could go much further. My genetics were always complete crap (95% Irish), so in addition to feeling I was reaching a natural potential and not liking how low that natural potential was, I really had a strong desire to see how anabolics would affect me, especially as someone who was not predisposed to gaining muscle easily.

Have no regrets (at least not yet lol). In the past 4 years I was consistent, never had more than a week off, always kept my diet in check...I knew that my level of dedication went far beyond a steroid cycle in the gym and then stopping. The great thing about having all the "natural" years under my belt is that I can truly appreciate what anabolics do. I mean, I can know that my 2-3 month cycle would have taken me 1.5-2 years to gain naturally, and you better believe I'll be working my ass off to keep those gains because of my appreciation. I feel like people who start super early just can't appreciate what anabolics are doing for them. A lot of them do a cycle, then when they go back to natural training they just quit because they're pissed off that they're not making the types of gains they were on roids. Without proper appreciation and a showing that you're dedicated to the sport and willing to bear out the long-run for results, you're bound to fail, and I feel like most people who start a cycle after only 6 months to a year suffer from that.

And although I really wanted to see what anabolics could do for me...in the end I also did it for the hoes.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Let's just say i started before i was 18. The reason being that the people i looked up to during that point in my life were taking them and were ****ing shredded, and i wanted that. Just as simple as that.

str8jacked23

str8jacked23

Awards
I started in my early 20's, my influence was due to my workout partners at the time. I was in a very competitive environment and wanted to be a part of it, nothing like peer pressure....

I've been competing ever since and now I'm over 40. Good food, great gear and healthy living.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
I started in my early 20's, my influence was due to my workout partners at the time. I was in a very competitive environment and wanted to be a part of it, nothing like peer pressure....

I've been competing ever since and now I'm over 40. Good food, great gear and healthy living.
Hell yeah bodybuilding for life.

aussieman

aussieman

Awards

Always good to see a happy ending :D