strange doctor experience

theimpossible

Awards
hello, i'm a 34 year old male suffering from low t and the expected consequences (libido ect) I've been to several docs and my latest doc was a kind of holistic allergist who contends that my hormonal problems could be related to constant suppressive effects of chronic allergies. what he did was take allergy tests by injecting me with kinds of hormonal extracts (i'm assuming proteins or enzymes) and concluded that I may have developed some kind of allergic reaction to my own hormones. He gave me sublingual low level droplets of those allergens for me to take and said that this was the best and most natural way of "balancing" my hormones. has anybody heard of this? is it total quackery or what?

BlackGT99

BlackGT99

Awards
hello, i'm a 34 year old male suffering from low t and the expected consequences (libido ect) I've been to several docs and my latest doc was a kind of holistic allergist who contends that my hormonal problems could be related to constant suppressive effects of chronic allergies. what he did was take allergy tests by injecting me with kinds of hormonal extracts (i'm assuming proteins or enzymes) and concluded that I may have developed some kind of allergic reaction to my own hormones. He gave me sublingual low level droplets of those allergens for me to take and said that this was the best and most natural way of "balancing" my hormones. has anybody heard of this? is it total quackery or what?
So what he's saying is that you're allergic to yourself? Strange indeed lol

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
uhhhhhhhh......my first thought is QUACK unless I saw more info ha
How much did your droplets cost?

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
i only have a bachelor's degree, and nothing related to the medical field. but i would laugh in that doctor's face if he told me that, and then tried to sell me a sublingual "holistic" drop. why not go to a legit endocrinologist?

theimpossible

Awards
i'm ashamed to even admit it but the drops cost 50 dollars each for a total of 250. the really sad part is that there were people with cancer in the waiting room who are probably getting duped the same way. they accept insurance for the office visit though but it is all billed as allergist rather than as an endo. I am on clomid monotherapy and some herbs which are working pretty decently but I just want to try to get at the root cause of my sudden loss of libido and am not willing to accept natural aging as an explanation due to the sudden onset. i think that this particular doctor's technique is to tell everyone who comes in no matter what they have that it is an autoimmune responses of some sort. these people truly have no souls.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i think the best bet is to go to a legit endo, and have him or her run bloodwork and see what needs to happen. and sorry to hear about about those expensive drops. we have all fallen for something at one time or another, but then again if they start working for ya then i guess they would be worth it.