Running a 5k on pct

smohk

smohk

Awards
I'm not really sure where this question should go but I'll ask here and a mod can move it if necessary.

I (stupidly) agreed to run a 5k early next month. I'm on my first week of a pct right now. If I start running regularly will I blow all the gains I made or if I keep my calories up should I be ok? If it comes to it I'll blow off the run but I'd rather not disappoint her.
I know 5k isn't much but I'm still a fat guy and have not run in...well...ever. What say you oh knowledgeable ones?

BigTex08

BigTex08

Awards
I'm not really sure where this question should go but I'll ask here and a mod can move it if necessary.

I (stupidly) agreed to run a 5k early next month. I'm on my first week of a pct right now. If I start running regularly will I blow all the gains I made or if I keep my calories up should I be ok? If it comes to it I'll blow off the run but I'd rather not disappoint her.
I know 5k isn't much but I'm still a fat guy and have not run in...well...ever. What say you oh knowledgeable ones?
Sounds like its time to cut down anyways if you are calling yourself a fat guy.

smohk

smohk

Awards
I'll always call myself a fat guy. I'm the founder of TFM Racing (Team Fat Man) so I HAVE to be a fat guy lol

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well you can either run 5k or not. Not much one can do to really change that in a months time. Just do some HIIT 2-3 times a week such as sprints etc and you should be fine for the race. Keep cals up and you should be good to go.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's about 3 miles, you can run it with little training anyways. It'll just hurt more. Walk/jog whatever your pace is.

BigTex08

BigTex08

Awards
I'll always call myself a fat guy. I'm the founder of TFM Racing (Team Fat Man) so I HAVE to be a fat guy lol
Well keep eating your big macs and fried food an you will keep your weight up lol