Can epistane lose its potency or convert to.....

  1. Senior Member
    roblasane's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,933
    Rep Power
    1016847
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    20.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Can epistane lose its potency or convert to.....


    If it's stored in a car can it lose it's potency and possibly convert to another hormone??

    I'm talking hot car North Carolina heat
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"

  2. New Member
    rabz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    8677
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

    i think it would be more of an issue of time than heat. I have read everywhere that it loses potency after a year.
    Hustle harder
  3. New Member
    jason79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    771
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    74.19%

    Quote Originally Posted by rabz View Post
    i think it would be more of an issue of time than heat. I have read everywhere that it loses potency after a year.
    It can theoretically lose the thio under high heat and become dmt (phera). I don't know at what temp this would be significant and how exactly it might change the effects. I don't think it's good practice to leave anything like this sitting in a hot car for prolonged periods though.
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    Jonbero's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    739
    Rep Power
    18084
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    99.31%

    Quote Originally Posted by rabz View Post
    i think it would be more of an issue of time than heat. I have read everywhere that it loses potency after a year.
    I don't think this is true in all cases, if stored well it should stay good for a while. I believe Havoc has been discontinued over a year ago but people still do successful cycles.

    This is from Tunedsports;

    It’s also been stipulated that Epistane and Havoc both have a very short shelf life, it’s been said that Epi-Havoc will begin to loose it’s potency after six months of storage, therefore users buying in advance should plan accordingly, storing in a vacuum sealed apparatus may also extend shelf life.
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali
  5. New Member
    rabz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    8677
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbero

    I don't think this is true in all cases, if stored well it should stay good for a while. I believe Havoc has been discontinued over a year ago but people still do successful cycles.

    This is from Tunedsports;

    It's also been stipulated that Epistane and Havoc both have a very short shelf life, it's been said that Epi-Havoc will begin to loose it's potency after six months of storage, therefore users buying in advance should plan accordingly, storing in a vacuum sealed apparatus may also extend shelf life.
    That's good to know. With that in mind I may not be so scared to stock up a tad.
    Hustle harder
  6. Professional Member
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23618
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    37.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    You know, i used some havoc a few months back and didnt get anything from it at the usual dose and had to go to like 80mg to feel it. And im on epistane now and feel good on only 40mg. Maybe theres something to the short shelf life?
    CELTIC LABS REP
  7. New Member
    jason79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    771
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    74.19%

    Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    You know, i used some havoc a few months back and didnt get anything from it at the usual dose and had to go to like 80mg to feel it. And im on epistane now and feel good on only 40mg. Maybe theres something to the short shelf life?
    If the open bottle smells strongly of sulfur, it's likely that some molecules have lost the thio. Keep in mind though that our olfactory is very sensitive to that smell, so it might still represent only a small portion that has changed. Also keep in mind that it doesn't necessarily become less active, per say, when this happens.
  8. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I bought several bottles of the most recent IBE epistane run a few months back (the white bottle white cap version) and I put them in the freezer straight-away....not sure how much that helps, but It should help keep them fresh in theory ......
  9. New Member
    jason79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    771
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    74.19%

    Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    I bought several bottles of the most recent IBE epistane run a few months back (the white bottle white cap version) and I put them in the freezer straight-away....not sure how much that helps, but It should help keep them fresh in theory ......
    it's not icecream you know
  10. Senior Member
    StangBanger's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,298
    Rep Power
    17363
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    4.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I keep all my PH's in the fridge... not sure it does anything but I like to think so.
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html
  11. New Member
    cdup's Avatar
    Stats
    6'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    1289
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    43.22%

    My understanding is that it can be bad to keep any capsulated or granular products in a fridge or freezer due to the potential for humidity buildup. This just seems to be a general consensus from what I have read although I don't have any experience with this type of storage myself. All my stuff is in a cool dry cabinet.
  12. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by cdup View Post
    My understanding is that it can be bad to keep any capsulated or granular products in a fridge or freezer due to the potential for humidity buildup. This just seems to be a general consensus from what I have read although I don't have any experience with this type of storage myself. All my stuff is in a cool dry cabinet.
    how is there humidity in a freezer? isn't the freezer kinda the opposite of humid? I live in 100% plus humidity pretty much 365 here and I'd love to put myself in the freezer to avoid the humidity.....unless you mean when you open the door and the hot air gets in there, but that shouldn't effect the sealed bottles of PH's, or at least I don't think so....
  13. New Member
    cdup's Avatar
    Stats
    6'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    1289
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    43.22%

    Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6

    how is there humidity in a freezer? isn't the freezer kinda the opposite of humid? I live in 100% plus humidity pretty much 365 here and I'd love to put myself in the freezer to avoid the humidity.....unless you mean when you open the door and the hot air gets in there, but that shouldn't effect the sealed bottles of PH's, or at least I don't think so....
    You could be right. I have some bags of food and other things that I have put into a freezer and later when I looked back it had additional ice and frost than was there originally. Like I said, it was just what I had read here and on EF in previous discussions. Like most things, if it works for you do it.
  14. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by cdup View Post
    You could be right. I have some bags of food and other things that I have put into a freezer and later when I looked back it had additional ice and frost than was there originally. Like I said, it was just what I had read here and on EF in previous discussions. Like most things, if it works for you do it.
    yes that frost comes from when you open the door and let in warm air, that is what you are talking about.....but I don't think it would affect sealed items, for instance if you put in a sealed package of food it shouldn't get any frost buildup inside the package or at least very minimal frost/freezer burn (maybe some outside on the surface of the package)....but if you have things in ziplocs then you will see frost accumulate on the inside as well....the "freezer bags" help, they have a better seal on them....but its hard to get all the air out of them and get a solid seal. I got the idea from people who stocked up after the '04 ban and froze a bunch of that stuff.....makes sense, since when food is frozen it extends the shelf life quite a bit keeping it basically fresh (unless its not sealed, then forget about it).....
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-01-2011, 06:07 PM
  2. Did you lose hair on Epistane? POLL!
    By papapumpsd in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 12:11 PM
  3. can someone convert these for me?
    By phatkid77 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 01:39 AM
  4. will o-3's in udo's convert to epa?
    By biggun2181 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 04:10 PM
  5. Does expired ephedrine lose its potency?
    By Rock Lee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 12:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in