Can you still build muscle PCT?

Cwaynemash

Cwaynemash

Awards
Is it possible to still put on muscle while PCT? If so how?

dagger1

Awards
Depends on cycle ran, but normally some if done right. The main part is keeping energy levels and appitite up. Both are normally lost once pct starts. Good preworkout supps help and liquid weight gainers really help with the calorie intake the first few weeks.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it possible to still put on muscle while PCT? If so how?

How does anyone build muscle? Eat in a caloric surplus and break down muscle tissue lol. Basic nutrition.

Cwaynemash

Cwaynemash

Awards
Well I figured since you are shutdown your body would hv high cortisol levels. Intense exercise would just raise these levels more & catabolize the muscle. A surplus of calories would just get you fat being that your body isn't in an anabolic state? I hv no plans on not working out just wondering if I should bk of weights & days(go to 4-5 days instead of 6)? Or maybe I'm just overthinking? This is my first PCT so I'm trying to get the workout part right.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Well I figured since you are shutdown your body would hv high cortisol levels. Intense exercise would just raise these levels more & catabolize the muscle. A surplus of calories would just get you fat being that your body isn't in an anabolic state? I hv no plans on not working out just wondering if I should bk of weights & days(go to 4-5 days instead of 6)? Or maybe I'm just overthinking? This is my first PCT so I'm trying to get the workout part right.
Take something for cortisol and back off a lil on training, like 4 or 5 days instead of how u train on cycle. Eat at your new maintenance calories or surplus and u should b fine. Surprisingly I've even managed to get leaner and make gains during pct.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Take something for cortisol and back off a lil on training, like 4 or 5 days instead of how u train on cycle. Eat at your new maintenance calories or surplus and u should b fine. Surprisingly I've even managed to get leaner and make gains during pct.
Yeah I would say drop intensity the first week or two or drop some volume but still work out then start to increase intensity again. I think the first few weeks of pct you should back off a little and take a cortisol product as well.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Yeah I would say drop intensity the first week or two or drop some volume but still work out then start to increase intensity again. I think the first few weeks of pct you should back off a little and take a cortisol product as well.
Yeah 4real ppl underestimate cortisol bro. Erase never fails for an AI/cortisol inhibitor IMO.