Steroids and Hair Loss

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok I am thinking about going to the "Dark side" and my biggest concern is hair loss/shedding b/c I saw pretty abd shedding on my last M1T cycle. So... out of all the compounds out there, what is the least likely to affect the hair but most likely to give good gains?

From my research, I have read anavar/primo would be best.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
deca is a good choice too

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
There of course are going to be drugs that are more harsh than others when it comes to side effects, but as far as permanent hair loss, I believe it's more of a question of whether or not your genetically predisposed to it. I know lots of guys who have juiced for years, myself included, that still have a full head of hair. If you are predisposed to hairloss, high doses of test, dbol, drol,and pretty much all of the more powerful drugs are going to speed up hairloss. The primo/ anavar combo you mentioned is a good one for minimal sides all around though.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
stay away from the really harsh androgens like tren

deca would probably be a good choice

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I'm telling you deca has its own set of harsh side effects and it has been known to shut you down hard..

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like the concensus is going for primo/anavar, the only thing that sucks about that is primo/anavar is mainly used for cutting right? Woudl high doses be any good at bulking?

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like the concensus is going for primo/anavar, the only thing that sucks about that is primo/anavar is mainly used for cutting right? Woudl high doses be any good at bulking?
If this is your first time using juice, then you will probably be happy with the gains you can make from moderate dosages. Always start with the least amount needed to see gains. Even though these drugs are used in cutting cycles, it's the diet that's responsible for losing bodyfat. The same goes for trying to put on weight- you can take all the drugs you want but if you don't eat enough, you're not gonna grow. If you eat enough and train right( which are more important than roids anyway) these two substances will help your gains. You're not going to blow up like on dbol and test, but again if it's your first time you'll make decent gains.

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
they are probabky 2 of the most expensive compounds around also. I am prone and my hair is falling out. i said **** if it is going to happen might as well do it now and get some good muscle too. soooo i am on testE\trenE\Dbol. i am married, i just dont give a ****.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
they are probabky 2 of the most expensive compounds around also. I am prone and my hair is falling out. i said **** if it is going to happen might as well do it now and get some good muscle too. soooo i am on testE\trenE\Dbol. i am married, i just dont give a ****.
Unfortunately I don't have that luxury :) I am still very much "in the game", and I think women prefer hair over a bit more muscle so I will stick to the weak stuff (until I get married that is ;) )

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If this is your first time using juice, then you will probably be happy with the gains you can make from moderate dosages. Always start with the least amount needed to see gains. Even though these drugs are used in cutting cycles, it's the diet that's responsible for losing bodyfat. The same goes for trying to put on weight- you can take all the drugs you want but if you don't eat enough, you're not gonna grow. If you eat enough and train right( which are more important than roids anyway) these two substances will help your gains. You're not going to blow up like on dbol and test, but again if it's your first time you'll make decent gains.
Thanks, ya that was what I was hoping for. I am taking diet advice from bobo right now, so my diet should be so clean it will shine.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Anyone know if the whole theory of test+deca prevents hair loss because the 5AA reduced deca is a much weaker form of DHT and it competes with receptors to block out the stronger DHT? This is what I have heard, and it would be nice to run deca+test for a bulker (and maybe from M4OHN or var at the end)

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Hehe-I'm married too and share your opinion. If I start to go bald, I'll just shave it off. At least I'll be big and bald.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I really really really want to run Tren but gah damn if I'm going to be ripped and bald.

witchdawg7

witchdawg7

Banned
Awards
Same here brother the more I lose the shorter I cut it. Use the 1/8th comb on my clippers and buzz away. Screw the world there are plenty of hot chicks that think bald is cool but for the love of god don't go to the dark side (comb over)! :rofl:

Hehe-I'm married too and share your opinion. If I start to go bald, I'll just shave it off. At least I'll be big and bald.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
I am prone as well, and married, and don't give a ****..:D, but in all reality I really don't think you will lose THAT much hair, you may be able to notice a little on the hair line but I doubt many others could...just use some spiro and nizoral. IMO, of course.

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
nizoral i have found does wonders. Make sure it is the 2% tho. The 2 compunds that i have found to cause the most hairloss have been (in order) M5aa(shits evil on the hair and M1t(also evil on the hair).

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
but for the love of god don't go to the dark side (comb over)! :rofl:
LOL. That **** is too funny. My father in law has one. It is by far the worst thing you could do to yourself. a close second is donald trumps haircut.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Trump has a haircut?! I always thought it was some type of helmet.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
There's plenty of stuff out there that can help even the genetically unlucky keep their hair on a cycle of androgenic drugs...

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Sorry bro!:D

Well, you have the Nizoral/Minoxidil5%AzelaicAcid5%/Spiro2% combo that really works well for most people. Throw in some oral Finasteride if you're really concerned (or running test on top of another potent androgen) and even if you're genetically predisposed to MPB you should keep your hair, if not regrow some.

The above como works in something like 85% of the men who tried it, with results ranging from a slowing of MPB to complete regrowth.

The catch (you know there had to be one) if you stop using Minoxidil products, any hair that they helped to regrow will eventually start falling out a few months down the road. Although this kind of sucks - remember there is no cure for MPB, and minoxidil is the only chemical that can be applied topically to the scalp that has been proven to regrow hair. So what you have is an effective treatment, with a drawback. A minor drawback if you're genetically cursed with MPB and want any hope of keeping your hair, or preventing what you have from falling out on cycle.

Dosage for the above products is as follows:

Nizoral 2%/Salacylic Acid 2% shampoo EOD
Use a good, thick conditioner with this.

At night:
Spiro 2% Solution
Xandrox Nighttime (Minoxidil 5%/Azelaic Acid 5%/Retinoic Acid 2%)

During the day:
Spiro 2% Solution
Xandrox Daytime (Minoxidil 5%/Azelaic Acid 5%)

You can also get higher concentrations of Spiro in a 5% cream (for problem or exceptionally thin areas). There is also a 15% Minoxidil solution that has proven to be very effective with areas of the scalp that wont respond to the 5% solution.

Oral Finasteride 1.25mg/day

That's as good a combo as any against MPB, on or off cycle. The Minoxidil encourages regrowth, and the Spiro/Azelaic/Finasteride block DHT and other androgen molecules in the scalp.

Ive been using the above treatment for about 8 months now (minus the finasteride) with a lot of success. My hair is noticeably thicker - moreso than it was 2 years ago.

There are other products that sound worth checking out - Folligen and Nioxin, but I havent really looked into them yet.

*DONT USE FINASTERIDE WITH DECA OR TREN*

As far as I know, this is the best treatment for keeping your hair if your predisposed to MPB! It runs about $40 a month, but its well worth it. Its all or nothing for me...either I have a nice head of hair, or Im Bic'ing my damn head.:)

BV

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Why not run finasteride with deca and tren? If you are also using spiro, woudlnt that block the androgen at the follice anyway?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
bigvrunga's post should definitely be made a sticky!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Why not run finasteride with deca and tren? If you are also using spiro, woudlnt that block the androgen at the follice anyway?

It actually accelerates hair loss when used with deca, Im in a rush to get out the door at the moment, but Ill post some sources for that info when i have time.

Ive never used Finasteride, so I can't comment on its effectiveness from experience. It blocks something like 40% of the total amount of DHT that reaches your scalp, and has been shown to be effective at promoting hair growth at the front of the scalp.

BV

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You dont run finasteride w/ deca because it prevents deca from being 5AA reduced to a far weaker androgen which attaches to the DHT receptor. So basically you are making this really strong androgen bind w/ your scalp receptors instead of a much weaker one... sucks :( But that is why Deca is good to go w/o anything.

I think for my next cutting stack I am going to run primo/var along w/ some triac. For hair loss I will run it w/ nizoral shampoo from minoxidil.com and some spiro 5% + azelaic acid 5% from custom. Might add in some folligen as well, heard good things about that stopping shedding.

blown_stang

Awards
Sorry bro!:D

Well, you have the Nizoral/Minoxidil5%AzelaicAcid5%/Spiro2% combo that really works well for most people. Throw in some oral Finasteride if you're really concerned (or running test on top of another potent androgen) and even if you're genetically predisposed to MPB you should keep your hair, if not regrow some.

The above como works in something like 85% of the men who tried it, with results ranging from a slowing of MPB to complete regrowth.

The catch (you know there had to be one) if you stop using Minoxidil products, any hair that they helped to regrow will eventually start falling out a few months down the road. Although this kind of sucks - remember there is no cure for MPB, and minoxidil is the only chemical that can be applied topically to the scalp that has been proven to regrow hair. So what you have is an effective treatment, with a drawback. A minor drawback if you're genetically cursed with MPB and want any hope of keeping your hair, or preventing what you have from falling out on cycle.

Dosage for the above products is as follows:

Nizoral 2%/Salacylic Acid 2% shampoo EOD
Use a good, thick conditioner with this.

At night:
Spiro 2% Solution
Xandrox Nighttime (Minoxidil 5%/Azelaic Acid 5%/Retinoic Acid 2%)

During the day:
Spiro 2% Solution
Xandrox Daytime (Minoxidil 5%/Azelaic Acid 5%)

You can also get higher concentrations of Spiro in a 5% cream (for problem or exceptionally thin areas). There is also a 15% Minoxidil solution that has proven to be very effective with areas of the scalp that wont respond to the 5% solution.

Oral Finasteride 1.25mg/day

That's as good a combo as any against MPB, on or off cycle. The Minoxidil encourages regrowth, and the Spiro/Azelaic/Finasteride block DHT and other androgen molecules in the scalp.

Ive been using the above treatment for about 8 months now (minus the finasteride) with a lot of success. My hair is noticeably thicker - moreso than it was 2 years ago.

There are other products that sound worth checking out - Folligen and Nioxin, but I havent really looked into them yet.

*DONT USE FINASTERIDE WITH DECA OR TREN*

As far as I know, this is the best treatment for keeping your hair if your predisposed to MPB! It runs about $40 a month, but its well worth it. Its all or nothing for me...either I have a nice head of hair, or Im Bic'ing my damn head.:)

BV
Concerning your comment that regrown hair will fall out after discontinuing use of minoxidil:

If I just want to use something when I'm on cycle, what would be best? I'm not interested in regrowing hair - I just want to prevent the loss. Or am I looking at this all wrong?

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
If I just want to use something when I'm on cycle, what would be best? I'm not interested in regrowing hair - I just want to prevent the loss. Or am I looking at this all wrong?
This is what i'm interested in too....I have a thick head of hair with minimal signs of shedding...>BUT...and this is a very LARGE BUT....my mothers father has a head like a cueball....so I'm pretty sure im FUZKD when it comes to androgens....allthough i've never noticed shedding off of 4ad, m1t, 1test, or m4ohn.....

blown_stang

Awards
Looking around here and bodybuilding.com, looks like I'm going to order Spiro and Nizoral. Somebody suggested "Azelaic Acid 5% & Minoxidil 5%", but others suggested avoiding Minoxidil for the reason I talked about in my above post.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
If you just want something to protect your head, then go with Spiro/Nizoral/Azelaic acid. That would be a potent DHT/general Androgen blocking combo. The minoxidil just encourages hair regrowth...if you have a full head of hair its not going to do much for you.

Custom sells Azelaic acid seperately. (bless his soul - at a good price too!:D)

BV

blown_stang

Awards
If you just want something to protect your head, then go with Spiro/Nizoral/Azelaic acid. That would be a potent DHT/general Androgen blocking combo. The minoxidil just encourages hair regrowth...if you have a full head of hair its not going to do much for you.

Custom sells Azelaic acid seperately. (bless his soul - at a good price too!:D)

BV
How exactly does Azelaic acid work on the scalp? What is the dosage/frequency?

Ript22Swole

Awards
I really don't understand, I don't see where everybody think Tren converts to dht , it clearly states it in the anabolic review, I hope they're right, it seems like it would since the hardening effect and no water retention. Could some wise man please enlighten me.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I really don't understand, I don't see where everybody think Tren converts to dht , it clearly states it in the anabolic review, I hope they're right, it seems like it would since the hardening effect and no water retention. Could some wise man please enlighten me.
Well DHT is not the only factor in hair loss. There are definitely other factors as people have experienced loss on steroids which do not convert into DHT (I even started shedding bad on M4OHN).

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Good find, LCSCULLA! Stuff is mad expensive comapre to spiro, though...

Just another vouch for the efficacy of the spiro/minox/az.acid combo -

Im going into my 3rd week of 1test/4ad/OHT and I havent lost a strand. Hair continues to get thicker/fuller as it has for the past 10 months.

BV

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Thank BV! I think the price is worth it since Topical Spiro only has a half life of a few hrs at most. A few people just use Eucapil only at night and halted a large degree of their loss. My thinking is that if you jump on to PH's or gear this (plus minox) should hold most of the hair in place. It may allow some of us to use fina, winny, deca or any others steroids that are "bad" for hair.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
That's true - Right now I apply spiro twice a day, usally right before the transdermal application of PH's. Its working very well - I may give that Eucapil a try if I every try anything more 'serious'.

BV

norwegianX

Awards
That's true - Right now I apply spiro twice a day, usally right before the transdermal application of PH's. Its working very well - I may give that Eucapil a try if I every try anything more 'serious'.

BV

BUMP!

Someone who have good effect with Eucapil?

Sorry for my bad english:p

getreal

Awards
Anyone know if the whole theory of test+deca prevents hair loss because the 5AA reduced deca is a much weaker form of DHT and it competes with receptors to block out the stronger DHT? This is what I have heard, and it would be nice to run deca+test for a bulker (and maybe from M4OHN or var at the end)
sounds like a load of monkeys to me. Your best just off avoiding test period.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Im prone to MPB also. In the end, you will come to the realization that you are fighting a losing battle - especially if you use androgens of any kind. All these things can slow it down slightly but you cant fight genetics.

The finasteride will slow the loss but it wont stop it. Topicals are a major pain but they can also help. The point is, you will have to come to terms with it eventually. Dont be that guy who should have just thrown in the towel and shaved his head down to a 1 guard long ago. There is only one thing worse than a balding guy - thats a balding guy who cant let go. I see some people styling little wisps of super fine hair or trying to disguise it in some way. Nobody is buying it...

Nobody really cares. Women don't mind if you are semi-attractive and they like your personality. In terms of a real relationship, your looks rank lower in most decent women's priorities. They dont give a **** about big muscles or your hair. For most, overly developed guys are a turn off. Wake up. They want a good person with a sense of humor that can support a family. It's more of an issue for you than anyone else. In the majority of cases, women end up staying with men who have a better personality anyway. If you have trouble, don't blame it on hair loss.

I quit taking finasteride because its horrible. I had no sides but I knew as I grew older they would manifest. If you are on gear all the time, ya, you might not notice a thing. But for a natural individual (most of the time) the lack of DHT will eventually become noticeable in your strength and physique. DHT is vital to a man's system. Countless MD's and endocrinologists have spoken out on how foolish it is to do this in the name of vanity. My hair isnt that bad yet. You can tell my hairline is going but its not drastic. When it gets to that point (another year or 2), I'll just bring it down to a 1 guard or something. I could probably eek out an extra 2-3 more years with finasteride but it just doesn't seem worth it all things considered. Once you research that garbage extensively, you realize there is NOTHING good about lowering DHT.

Regarding AAS and hair loss - you gotta pay to play, baby. :D

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I totally agree with what Alpine said. Even if you're going to try to save your hair, you need to prepare with the inevitability that eventually, you're probably going to use it.

However, I think it is possible to hang onto your hair much longer if you take the right steps - and these steps don't need to be dangerous to your health or a royal PITA.

I started losing hair at 22, but now at 31 its thicker than it has been in the past 5 years. Everyday, I use:

every night:
~1mg Finasteride
1ml 5% Minox/2% Retonic Acid
2% Spiro at night (applied with dabber bottle to thinning areas)
Shampoo containing pyrithione zinc

every day
15% Xandrox

every other day
Hair Regrowth Shampoo (Ketoconozole with salicylic acid)
Laser Comb, 10 min

Supplements that can help maximize GH output, like GABA and PGH-T, seem to help as well.

It seems like a lot of stuff, but really its not any more difficult or time consuming than brushing your teeth. I have no negative sides whatsoever.

As you get older though, your scalp becomes more and more sensitive to the effects of DHT - and the treatmets can lose their effectiveness.

Maybe by then they'll have a cure:)

BV