Why does SOME gear cause you to crave carbs?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is this due to cortisol or insulin modulation (from the gear) ?

Im a low carb guy so maybe some of you dont experience this

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Higher anabolic processes require more energy and water.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But not all "anabolic" gear does this. Soem androgenic gear does this too

Ken Powers

Ken Powers

Awards
I was under the impression this occurred due to increased glycogen retention.

Eric160

Awards
  • Established
yeah alot of anabolics cause glycogen supercompensation. so alot more is stored in the muscles while on. thats one of the ways your muscles get the rounder fuller apearence while on cycle and also contributes to some of the weight lost once the cycle is over.

bigred6347

Awards
havoc has been doing this to me pretty strongly

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Yeah on SD all I ever wanted was a damn sandwich but I'm gluten intolerant...

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All of you that have agreed, are you referring to CARBS specifically? Increased hunger is a no brainer. Im referring to carbs specifically.

That said, I cannot necessarily differentiate betwen my cravings for junk sugars verses carbs but if I were to guess, it's SUGAR (chocolate candy especially) lol

bigred6347

Awards
carbs.... chicken, tuna, a big ****in steak.... none of it helped. a whole grain bread and natty pb sandwhich did the trick. and maybe a snickers lol

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
energy. it takes energy to be in an anabolic state. carbs more specifically, glycogen doesn't need oxygen to be used for energy. it is a readliy available form of energy.

what are these non anabolic/androgenic compounds that dont make you/make you crave carbs?

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
All of you that have agreed, are you referring to CARBS specifically? Increased hunger is a no brainer. Im referring to carbs specifically.

That said, I cannot necessarily differentiate betwen my cravings for junk sugars verses carbs but if I were to guess, it's SUGAR (chocolate candy especially) lol
Yeah it was specifically carbs, like I wanted pizza everyday and breadsticks.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most of them! LOLOL

Cant think of any that did NOT do this except for the joke PH's that barely worked

Read the other posts, I everyone agreed thus far

what are these non anabolic/androgenic compounds that dont make you/make you crave carbs?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just demolished a half pound bag (15 servings) of these:

OOOOOPS :(

Yeah it was specifically carbs, like I wanted pizza everyday and breadsticks.

wanaBJacked

are you getting enough carbs post workout? that's the most important time to replenish them.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Var

Appetite way down, as always with var, but carb cravings way the H up

Lol
I'm on epi now, appetite way up but actually no carb cravings. SD is another story though, all I want is carbs but I don't get the appetite increase really.

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
I'm on epi now, appetite way up but actually no carb cravings. SD is another story though, all I want is carbs but I don't get the appetite increase really.
Are u celiac? I was a prep chef for six years I have alot of gluten free recipes.

Yaz

Yaz

Awards
I was under the impression this occurred due to increased glycogen retention.
yeah alot of anabolics cause glycogen supercompensation. so alot more is stored in the muscles while on. thats one of the ways your muscles get the rounder fuller apearence while on cycle and also contributes to some of the weight lost once the cycle is over.
Exactly this.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get like this more from sdrol than anything! The last few weeks have been rough!

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most of them! LOLOL

Cant think of any that did NOT do this except for the joke PH's that barely worked

Read the other posts, I everyone agreed thus far
Well I don't know of any aas that aren't anabolic. Start researching anabolsm, energy systems, and you will have a better understanding

Vick

Awards
From my experience EQ made me a carb addict for the first time in my life. I never craved so much as a donut before EQ and worst of all it killed my appetite for meat when I was pretty much naturally an atkins dieter. Adrol and tren really kill my appetite overall. I've actually used an Adrol/Winny stack to kick off a cut mix.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Epi blunts my appetite from what I recall but Im weird. I thought EPI was overrated and caused way too much lethargy. :p

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Epi blunts my appetite from what I recall but Im weird. I thought EPI was overrated and caused way too much lethargy. :p
Have yet to try epi, kind of planned on trying it for next summer's cut. You have any more feedback you can give me on it? When you say overrated do mean that the benefits didn't out weigh the sides? Or did you just not respond entirely?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sup man. For me personally, I just thought it was SOMEWHAT weak and with the morbidly lethargic sides I got, I wasnt a fan. I am in the minority though bro, so dont take my input here as gospel. MOST look at Epi as the Holy Grail of PH's. Then again, maybe that's just it, when you've run Var (and other gear) so many times like I have. MOST PH"s become a joke in comparison. At least that's been my experience.

Ironically enough, Furazadrol in high doses (350-400) was more impressive to me than EPI with no virtually sides. Again, Im NOT the PH-king so please do your homework.

Good luck with your run ;)

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Have yet to try epi, kind of planned on trying it for next summer's cut. You have any more feedback you can give me on it? When you say overrated do mean that the benefits didn't out weigh the sides? Or did you just not respond entirely?
Bro I think you're gonna love epi if u respond like me. No lethargy, increase in appetite, no back pumps, crazy muscle pumps I mean full of blood, leaning out and better strength gains then I have on SD, plus super dry gains. Lol maybe I'm just a hyper responder.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Sup man. For me personally, I just thought it was weak. I am in the minority though bro, so dont take my input here as gospel. MOST look at Epi as the Holy Grail of PH's. Then again, maybe that's just it, when you've run Var (and other gear) so many times like I have. MOST PH"s become a joke in comparison. At least that's been my experience.

Ironically enough, Furazadrol in high doses (350-400) was more impressive to me than EPI with no virtually sides. Again, Im NOT the PH-king so please do your homework.

Good luck with your run ;)
I'm thinking I'm gonna have to high dose some var for my winter lean bulk :)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most people DO love Epi ;)

Im the odd ball here.

Bro I think you're gonna love epi if u respond like me. No lethargy, increase in appetite, no back pumps, crazy muscle pumps I mean full of blood, leaning out and better strength gains then I have on SD, plus super dry gains. Lol maybe I'm just a hyper responder.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
60 mg/day is all you need for a great ride.

HIGH DOSE is fun but the sides become more apparent so I keep it at 60 and for 10 weeks (I take TUDCA and Im on TRT)

Clean an virtually side free

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
60 mg/day is all you need for a great ride.

HIGH DOSE is fun but the sides become more apparent so I keep it at 60 and for 10 weeks (I take TUDCA and Im on TRT)

Clean an virtually side free
So like 60mg for 6 weeks would b good?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the input whacked, I think I may still give it a shot though. If I do it will probably only be a kicker anyway... ;-)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's the rub with Var (and most orals as far as Im concerned). While it is the crème de la crème of Orals (IMO), it's one down side is that it takes 1.5-2 weeks for me to really notice much. Im not a fan of 6 week cycles in general as I think allowing the drug to "do its thing" for a period of time will better support long term gains and better gains overall. This is based solely on personal anecdotal insight.

Also, keep in mind im on TRT so I have no HPTA concerns but even when I did, I still ran 8-10-12 weekers; of course always augmented with health-conscience ancillaries (liver, kidney, BP and lipid profile supportive supps).

I take a copius amount of supps but feel the expense is worth it as it allows me to run longer cycles quelling many of the typical deleterious sides/risks that accompany gear-use.

So like 60mg for 6 weeks would b good?
Thanks for the input whacked, I think I may still give it a shot though. If I do it will probably only be a kicker anyway... ;-)
Good luck brethren ;)

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
So should I run it past the test cuz my SD kicker is 4 weeks, then I'll go straight into the var but that will only leave me with 6 weeks cuz my cycle is 10 weeks?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're dead set on the SD.....

Here's an option but it's a bit "toxic" mainly due to the SD

I really don't like this cycle - I say pick var or SD but not both

12 Weeks
1-10 Test
1-4 SuperDrol (4 weeks)
7-12 Var (6 weeks)

Just not a fan of this at all

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
If you're dead set on the SD.....

Here's an option but it's a bit "toxic" mainly due to the SD

I really don't like this cycle - I say pick var or SD but not both

12 Weeks
1-10 Test
1-4 SuperDrol (4 weeks)
7-12 Var (6 weeks)

Just not a fan of this at all
Yeah it is gonna b a crazy cycle, plus I'm running NPP with the test too.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Skip the Var buddy! Save it for another day. ;)

PS: That sounds like a fun cycle. Enjoy :D

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Skip the Var buddy! Save it for another day. ;)

PS: That sounds like a fun cycle. Enjoy :D
But I wanna make up for all the alcohol I never drink cuz of bodybuilding lol.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hahaha :D

Be sure to keep us posted on that cycle buddy!

Kill it!