Sprinting while on cycle

  1. New Member
    EArch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    469
    Rep Power
    38140
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    58.72%

    Sprinting while on cycle


    I'v been reading and it seems like sprinting can manipulate hormones in such a way that it impacts physiques... i mean look at the physique of sprinters, running backs, and WRs. I wont get into the science because frankly I cant do it justice.

    Anyway, I was thinking of sprinting 3 days a week after my lifts and was wondering if anyone else has done this? Whats a good way to start up? Also a concern I have is that I am on cycle, test e and SD atm in a traditional bulk I was wondering how sprinting would impact that

    I have a lot more reading to do but wanted to post this up and see if anyone had any experience with it or wants to try it also.

  2. New Member
    bigred6347's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    78
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    39.05%

    im not up on the science but cardio capabilities are important to me and sprints are def a part of my routine. a good way to get into sprints is to do 30/60's and move into 60/120's. what i mean by that is sprint as hard as you can for 30 sec and then jog or walk depending on your abilities and for 60 sec. same for 60/120's. this can be applied to the stationary bike as well. good for improving cardio endurance and of course all out sprinting.

    another way is to go to a basketball court or tennis court and run the lines. start at the rear line, run to the first, back to the line you started, out to the next, return, and so on.
  3. New Member
    bigred6347's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    78
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    39.05%

    also, if youre aim is to bulk youre going to need to add additional cals to your diet to make up for the ones your burn during cardio.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    EArch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    469
    Rep Power
    38140
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    58.72%

    Quote Originally Posted by bigred6347 View Post
    im not up on the science but cardio capabilities are important to me and sprints are def a part of my routine. a good way to get into sprints is to do 30/60's and move into 60/120's. what i mean by that is sprint as hard as you can for 30 sec and then jog or walk depending on your abilities and for 60 sec. same for 60/120's. this can be applied to the stationary bike as well. good for improving cardio endurance and of course all out sprinting.

    another way is to go to a basketball court or tennis court and run the lines. start at the rear line, run to the first, back to the line you started, out to the next, return, and so on.
    awesome man thanks, and I will add in more cals.

    What have your results been with sprinting? my goal with it would be to improve legs, and keep BF down while on a bulk, maybe even drop a little.
  5. New Member
    bigred6347's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    78
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    39.05%

    Quote Originally Posted by EArch View Post
    awesome man thanks, and I will add in more cals.

    What have your results been with sprinting? my goal with it would be to improve legs, and keep BF down while on a bulk, maybe even drop a little.
    my cardio and sprinting are not done by choice but rather i have to do it or my job performance would be poor lol. but sprints have improved my 2 mile times substantially as well as the ease in which i can perform longer 6+ mile runs. keeps the heart healthy to. as far as improving physique i really couldnt tel you if it has or hasnt. im sure it hasnt hurt and also after a heavy leg day i dont get jello legged as easily or for as long or have the doms kicking my butt.

    wether it helps you get what youre looking for appearance wise or not i think cardio should be part of everyones routine if for nothing more than improving health. alot of guys seems to neglect it, i actually hate running but its good for me and a necessary evil for me.
  6. New Member
    EArch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    469
    Rep Power
    38140
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    58.72%

    lil bump for anyone else

    I plan to try some sprints out tomorrow (after a warm up so I dont die on the spot)
  7. New Member
    Boomer3's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    150
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    83.25%

    I don't see sprints benefiting you in anyway other than overall cardio. You mentioned to look at physiques of sprinters, true but they all weigh 165lbs. So up close in person there still small, and because your currently on gear and bulking I can safely assume that's not your goal. You are correct about sprinting causing hormonal changes that could benefit a physique but you're on gear and already have all of those hormonal changes from gear. I don't see the additional need to run sprints.
  8. New Member
    BeastMode 1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    281
    Rep Power
    846
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.96%

    Sprints can be very beneficial. I would recomend HIIT, which stands for high intensity interval training(u have probably heard of it)

    I "wouldnt" do it after your workout though. its best to separate from workouts. You can either do two-a-days(which i do) and go back to the gym for your cardio later, or only do HITT on one of your off days from lifting.

    Also, its best to do at least a couple days apart from "leg" days. ive been doin HITT for awhile, and i still get sore from it.

    good luck.
  9. New Member
    BeastMode 1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    281
    Rep Power
    846
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    73.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer3 View Post
    I don't see sprints benefiting you in anyway other than overall cardio. You mentioned to look at physiques of sprinters, true but they all weigh 165lbs. So up close in person there still small, and because your currently on gear and bulking I can safely assume that's not your goal. You are correct about sprinting causing hormonal changes that could benefit a physique but you're on gear and already have all of those hormonal changes from gear. I don't see the additional need to run sprints.
    cardio is good to do at all times, even an all out bulk. it'l help keep fat off, speed recovery, help with blood flow/injuries, boost GH, etc. (along with obvious cardiovascular benefits)

    always do cardio!
  10. New Member
    EArch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    469
    Rep Power
    38140
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    58.72%

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMode 1 View Post
    Sprints can be very beneficial. I would recomend HIIT, which stands for high intensity interval training(u have probably heard of it)

    I "wouldnt" do it after your workout though. its best to separate from workouts. You can either do two-a-days(which i do) and go back to the gym for your cardio later, or only do HITT on one of your off days from lifting.

    Also, its best to do at least a couple days apart from "leg" days. ive been doin HITT for awhile, and i still get sore from it.

    good luck.
    Wednesday and Sunday are off days so guess I will start doing it on those days, thanks for your input. I bet I can expect to be very sore after my first few goes at it.
  11. New Member
    Boomer3's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    150
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    83.25%

    I was never saying not to do cardio. My appologizes if I came off that way.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. PCT and sprinting?
    By coswold in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 12:07 AM
  2. Sprinting
    By McGilly in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 11:09 PM
  3. Truth in Sprinting?
    By SwordBurn in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-22-2007, 09:05 PM
  4. Sprinting in Routine
    By fbxdan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 10:31 AM
  5. Running and Sprinting...
    By dwfender in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-20-2003, 04:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in