What did Arnold take?

M

madmadmax

Awards
I'm just curious because he has an amazing physique and doesn't look like todays juice monkeys. Anyone has any idea what his cycle looked like?

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
I'm just curious because he has an amazing physique and doesn't look like todays juice monkeys. Anyone has any idea what his cycle looked like?
Lots an lots of dbol..breakfast of champions homie lol

M

madmadmax

Awards
Lots an lots of dbol..breakfast of champions homie lol
Yeah I've heard about it, but dbol back then came in 5/2mgs so he would just eat them like skittles. Today you can get the same amount in one pill

L

landonx91

Awards
No one really knows, he 'admitted' to using Dbol as a bridge.

I heard that back in those days they never really had a PCT or off cycles and just would use a straight bridge and hope that their genetics would prevent gyno and the other negative sides. Not sure if it's true or not but I had read something on it awhile back

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know Mentzer used up to 2.5 grams of deca a week, God knows how much primobolin acetate, along with d-bol and growth in the same cycle.His on season cutter was probably High doses of Test. Not sure they were using insulin though.IDK if they used igf-1 either.But they do now.They didn't do PCT at all.Just hoped for the best genetics to beat the possible gyno and avoiding prostate problems.Something tells me they were exclusively injects so no liver agitation or allmost.I have a feeling as soon as arnold gets back to acting he will be running to the endo.

H

Husker89

Banned
Awards
40mgs of dbol a day, one shot of test a week and primobolan and gh are up for debate.
I know Mentzer used up to 2.5 grams of deca a week, God knows how much primobolin acetate, along with d-bol and growth in the same cycle.His on season cutter was probably High doses of Test. Not sure they were using insulin though.IDK if they used igf-1 either.But they do now.They didn't do PCT at all.Just hoped for the best genetics to beat the possible gyno and avoiding prostate problems.Something tells me they were exclusively injects so no liver agitation or allmost.I have a feeling as soon as arnold gets back to acting he will be running to the endo.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
40mgs of dbol a day, one shot of test a week and primobolan and gh are up for debate.
They mega dosed back in the day. Probably closer to 70 to 80 mgs of dbol a day and idk about one shot man. Im sure they were shooting up every other day coming to about 750mgs to 1.25 grams. Theres a reason all body builders are either fat and un healthy or on Trt. Gh was used by metzner. Idk about arnold but they must have been using some of the same compounds. I would like to know how they fought the lethargy from that many compounds. Mike has admited before he died of using amphetimine pretty consistantly.

M

madmadmax

Awards
They mega dosed back in the day. Probably closer to 70 to 80 mgs of dbol a day and idk about one shot man. Im sure they were shooting up every other day coming to about 750mgs to 1.25 grams. Theres a reason all body builders are either fat and un healthy or on Trt. Gh was used by metzner. Idk about arnold but they must have been using some of the same compounds. I would like to know how they fought the lethargy from that many compounds. Mike has admited before he died of using amphetimine pretty consistantly.
Funny I though they used less steroids than what is used by bodybuilders currently.

H

Husker89

Banned
Awards
where did u get your mega dosed info on arnold???? Go to ricdrasins youtube channel and he talks about sterodis and says quote, "We took 3 dbols a day and a shot of test a week and if you were a certain austrian bodybuilder you did 4 dbols a day."

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Funny I though they used less steroids than what is used by bodybuilders currently.
They did compaired to the monsters of today but they still megadosed.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Funny because I was just watching Pumping Iron this morning and wondering the same thing

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So much speculation, hearsay and rumors. No one will ever know for sure.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Was GH even around when Mentzer competed?

H

Husker89

Banned
Awards
ricdrasin trained with arnold he is in a lot of the pics with him, he has a youtube channel all about this, checkit out, most reliable source i know of.
So much speculation, hearsay and rumors. No one will ever know for sure.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting thanks.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was GH even around when Mentzer competed?
Yes.Nowhere near the quality of now but yes.Actually been "played with" sense 1950 in a study.Another one in 1958 and it showed some possible muscle growth in patients that were treated using these drugs.Now remember steroids?Used to treat low test?Same with GH.Was used to treat something.Like steroids,this will forever be used in bodybuilding.Mentzer competed in 1971 and won 10th in mr america.His training buds back in the day divulged alot when he died.He was a user and abuser like most 300lbs gorilla's we see today.

In the late 1970s, he was reported to have begun using amphetamines, claiming he took them only as an ergogenic aid to help facilitate a hectic lifestyle.Died in 2001 at 49.Little facts haha.

But it is reasonable to believe him and arnold took some of the same stuff like many of the bodybuilders today take what others suggest.
That is speculation though.I refuse to believe arnold just took dbol and test.At least in the doses mentioned.He was to title hungry for just settling on a few compounds.I don't believe they used as much as todays athletes but they still used alot.

I have no idea however when IGF-1 or insulin(biggest thing now taken along with gh and good ol fashion roids) entered the mix.I love how nobody also discusses diuretics they took.Laxitives are yummy eh?

E

Eric160

Awards
  • Established
i read somewhere they only had a few drugs dbol, decca, test and aparently primo. but idk what they took precontest especially without ancillaries. in pics they looked big and lean in contest but not necesarily as dry as BBers today. i just wanna know how to take over a gram of test a week and dbol by the handful without adex

also i thought one of the differences explaining the bloated guts of todays BBers is overall food volume and more growth hormone, idk if its true or not but it can make internalorgans grow when abused adding to the bloated look

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i read somewhere they only had a few drugs dbol, decca, test and aparently primo. but idk what they took precontest especially without ancillaries. in pics they looked big and lean in contest but not necesarily as dry as BBers today. i just wanna know how to take over a gram of test a week and dbol by the handful without adex

also i thought one of the differences explaining the bloated guts of todays BBers is overall food volume and more growth hormone, idk if its true or not but it can make internalorgans grow when abused adding to the bloated look
It's more likely from insulin and heavy doses of androgens, both of which lead to an accumulation of VAT in the abdominal region.

N

Natural4Life

Awards
To get that big without lots of GH and insulin, you need to take mega doses of AAS, also remember they had LEGIT gear, pharmacy stuff... so 1, 5 mg CIBA dbol(which actually contained dianabol) was as strong as or stronger than todays "20 mg" "dbol".

As for what he used, it was most likely LOTS of primobolan, deca, dbol, and various ammounts of test cycled through the year. Also it is rumored that arnold used cadavar HGH, which could be very true, since he was quite wealthy by then and if you want to be a champion you need to do what ever it takes !.

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
Deca and Dbol was a well known stack of his...among a **** load of other stuff throughout the years, Im sure!

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
his ability to stay slim at the waist was one of the main things that set him apart from other competitors.

H

Husker89

Banned
Awards
bloated gut equals gh/insulin

H

Husker89

Banned
Awards
i THINK THE fact that the gear was 100% LEGIT IS AN EXCELLENT POINT
To get that big without lots of GH and insulin, you need to take mega doses of AAS, also remember they had LEGIT gear, pharmacy stuff... so 1, 5 mg CIBA dbol(which actually contained dianabol) was as strong as or stronger than todays "20 mg" "dbol".

As for what he used, it was most likely LOTS of primobolan, deca, dbol, and various ammounts of test cycled through the year. Also it is rumored that arnold used cadavar HGH, which could be very true, since he was quite wealthy by then and if you want to be a champion you need to do what ever it takes !.