How does AAS/PH's effect TRT blood tests?!?!?!?!

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.
    Answers

How does AAS/PH's effect TRT blood tests?!?!?!?!

I'm currently on TRT and use one tube of Testim daily to maintain an approx. T-level of 775+/-. I'm also currently doing a cycle of Epi/Halodrol.

If I schedule my routine TRT blood test during this Epi/Halodrol cycle, besides poor lipid values, will it cause my TESTOSTERONE level to be artificially high? Low? No effect?

Anyone have experience with TRT and AAS/PH and blood tests?????

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Of course it will...
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post
    Of course it will...
    So the Labquest testosterone test will read the Epi/Halodrol conversion in the body as "Natural testosterone"? I guess that is why I'm confused on this subject. When pro's are tested for "steroids", they have to be tested for specific anabolics, not just testosterone. So, if they took an anabolic steroid, but no exogenous other testosterone, would they test positive due to increased testosterone from the AAS?

I'm lost on this subject.......................
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Presa View Post
    So the Labquest testosterone test will read the Epi/Halodrol conversion in the body as "Natural testosterone"? I guess that is why I'm confused on this subject. When pro's are tested for "steroids", they have to be tested for specific anabolics, not just testosterone. So, if they took an anabolic steroid, but no exogenous other testosterone, would they test positive due to increased testosterone from the AAS?

need testosterone/epitestosterone for doping results
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

if you are taking exogenous test (testim), epi/hdrol won't effect these numbers... they do not convert to test nor will they lower your test unless you are not on TRT. EPI will raise your free test though, but not total.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    if you are taking exogenous test (testim), epi/hdrol won't effect these numbers... they do not convert to test nor will they lower your test unless you are not on TRT. EPI will raise your free test though, but not total.
    I thought he was talking about equipoise?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Nah, Epi = epistane not equipoise

EQ wouldn't show up either on regular bloodwork when testing for test, e2 etc. EQ is a DHT derivative, and won't convert in the opposite direction to test. It doesn't aromatize either. Regular TRT bloodwork won't show this or most PH's.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Nah, Epi = epistane not equipoise

EQ wouldn't show up either on regular bloodwork when testing for test, e2 etc. EQ is a DHT derivative, and won't convert in the opposite direction to test. It doesn't amortize either. Regular TRT bloodwork won't show this or most PH's.
    There are conflicting studies on this (no surprise there), but most tend to support tremendous suppression of natural test production. One recent study presented this abstract: "Three experimental groups include animals that receive 1, 2, and 3 intramuscular injections of 5 mg/kg body weight boldenone, and dissected after 3, 6, and 9 weeks, respectively. Treating rabbits with boldenone increased the testosterone levels compared to the control group." However, the Olympic Committee tests for Boldenone metabolites and do not rely strictly on elevated test levels. But if a guy going to his TRT doctor should not see an increase in test, but rather a drastic decrease.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Presa View Post

Just remember this.. there are almost no pro hormones or steroids that convert to testosterone, other than DHEA. Taking AAS other than test, will not increase test. Epistane is epistane, not test nor does it convert to test, it is it's own hormone/steroid. Same with hdrol, it converts to turinabol, not testosterone.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post
    There are conflicting studies on this (no surprise there), but most tend to support tremendous suppression of natural test production. One recent study presented this abstract: "Three experimental groups include animals that receive 1, 2, and 3 intramuscular injections of 5 mg/kg body weight boldenone, and dissected after 3, 6, and 9 weeks, respectively. Treating rabbits with boldenone increased the testosterone levels compared to the control group." However, the Olympic Committee tests for Boldenone metabolites and do not rely strictly on elevated test levels. But if a guy going to his TRT doctor should not see an increase in test, but rather a drastic decrease.

He is already taking test though (testim) so he is on TRT and won't have a decrease in test production because of other hormones. His natural test is already shutdown.
  11. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Guys,

Please confine your steroid use discussions to the anabolics section as this forum is specific to anti-aging medicine and not steroid use while on anti-aging medicine.

Thank you.

Thread moved.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 09:11 AM
  2. when to get blood tests?
    By whsktklfklf in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 02:03 PM
  3. All about your blood tests...
    By ryano in forum Cycle Info