Any Known Sides from Nolva?

1. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.81%

Any Known Sides from Nolva?

I haven't found any in my searches, but since it was originally a breast cancer treatment (right?), are there any side effects when addministered to other than female humans? If it's been discussed before, can you point me to the link? Thanks.

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

These were taken from webmd...
    * an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
    * possible symptoms of a stroke such as unusual weakness, drowsiness, confusion, or difficulty walking or talking;
    * possible symptoms of a blood clot in the lung such as chest pain, shortness of breath, or coughing up blood;
    * possible symptoms of a blood clot in the brain or leg such as blurred vision, changes in vision, numbness, or pain or swelling in a leg;
    * new breast lumps;
    * bone pain;
    * menstrual changes, abnormal vaginal bleeding, vaginal discharge, or pelvic pain or pressure;
    * pain or tenderness in the upper abdomen;
    * yellowing of the skin or eyes; or
    * excessive nausea, vomiting, or thirst.
  3. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.81%

Thanks! I was wondering how they do/could differ if given to a male. Several begin with "possible symtoms of" - so do you think that means a side is not actually those occurances, but for some reason the symptoms only?
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.56%

well I don't think you would be getting vaginal bleeding
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.09%

there are LOTS of sides with nolva. imo, ANYBODY who takes ANY legend drug (prescription or not) would benefit by owning a PDR. Webmd is ok, but a PDR is better.

it helps one make informed choices. i've never taken any prescribed drug without first reading the entire insert, and the PDR entry.

well, not since I was about 18
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.35%

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D
    These were taken from webmd...
    * an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
    * possible symptoms of a stroke such as unusual weakness, drowsiness, confusion, or difficulty walking or talking;
    * possible symptoms of a blood clot in the lung such as chest pain, shortness of breath, or coughing up blood;
    * possible symptoms of a blood clot in the brain or leg such as blurred vision, changes in vision, numbness, or pain or swelling in a leg;
    * new breast lumps;
    * bone pain;
    * menstrual changes, abnormal vaginal bleeding, vaginal discharge, or pelvic pain or pressure;
    * pain or tenderness in the upper abdomen;
    * yellowing of the skin or eyes; or
    * excessive nausea, vomiting, or thirst.
    practically every drug known to man has those POSSIBLE sides.....
  7. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.56%

and you point was, what sonicbum? He asked I answered to the best of my ability at the time.. and JJJD, you are right PDR is an invaluable resource for any family.. webmd is a good quick one
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

This thread has some info on the sides of nolva.
    PCT-- Nolva AND Clomid??
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The only side I've ever experienced is acne. When you start taking nolva for PCT, you are likely to break out due to the hormonal imbalance.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.35%

it was a fine answer mathew. just letting him know he will probably never have these sides.

there is always that freak chance though.. i took 2 aleve's at one time and my face blew up like a balloon, and i broke out in massive hives.. had to be rushed to the ER and they gave me a shot of adrenaline and everthing was fine.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.96%

Can reducing the dose reduce the symtoms? I ran into a problem with my lips swelling and hives but I'm not sure if it's from the Nolva or from a transdermal 1-test.
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

swelling & hives sounds like an allergy. I've heard of people allergic to 1-test, but never anything with nolva. I would say it's likely the 1-test, but who knows. If allergic, I'm sure you'd get symptoms at any effective dose.
  13. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.57%

I swear if web MD had an page on "dihydrogen monoxide" it would read:

"Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

is also known as hydroxl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
    contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
    may cause severe burns.
    contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
    accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
    may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
    has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Contamination Is Reaching Epidemic Proportions!
    Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the midwest, and recently California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

as an industrial solvent and coolant.
    in nuclear power plants.
    in the production of styrofoam.
    as a fire retardant.
    in many forms of cruel animal research.
    in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
    as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.
    Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The Horror Must Be Stopped!
    The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use."

from http://www.circus.com/~no_dhmo/
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%

Quote Originally Posted by cr4ytonic
    I swear if web MD had an page on "dihydrogen monoxide" it would read:

"Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

is also known as hydroxl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
    contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
    may cause severe burns.
    contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
    accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
    may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
    has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Contamination Is Reaching Epidemic Proportions!
    Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the midwest, and recently California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

as an industrial solvent and coolant.
    in nuclear power plants.
    in the production of styrofoam.
    as a fire retardant.
    in many forms of cruel animal research.
    in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
    as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.
    Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The Horror Must Be Stopped!
    The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use."

from http://www.circus.com/~no_dhmo/

Don't let the goberment see this they try and ban it.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%

dere dey go tryin to protect us stupid fools again.just ban livin
  16. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Longdog
    The only side I've ever experienced is acne. When you start taking nolva for PCT, you are likely to break out due to the hormonal imbalance.

Acne is probably the most common side from Nolva for the reason's stated above. Also keep in mind we only use it for a short amount of time.
  17. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.6%

Long-term use has been shown to cause "fatty liver".
    DISCLAIMER: No, I won't point you to a study, but you can search for yourself instead of asking.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2011, 09:25 PM
  2. Sides from letro/nolva?
    By SHaneA655 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 01:57 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 05:01 PM
  4. Any sides from Cal Vet supply B-12 injectable
    By KSman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6