clean bulk vs cutting cycle?

doctorboost

Awards
Im brand new to am's and have read and read.... but im curious for the more experienced users imput! Im 26 years old weight 205 bf% 14%... i have lost 32 pounds since xmas as i was a fat boy.... ive been hard n the gym and am alot happier in the mirror now but.. my? Is this will be my first cycle... nothing fancy just 12 weeks 500mg/week test e. Should i bulk or cut on my 1st cycle? My goal is obviously to get a bit bigger than i am, but well defined ... i am not satisfied with my definition yet.. hince the question, cut or clean bulk?

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
My advice would be to keep cutting weight and reduce your body fat percentage BEFORE you do any kind of cycle. Keep up your hard work with the weight loss, muscle definition isn't far away for you if your hovering around 14%.

It has been my experience that your body becomes primed to absorb nutrients after a lengthy amount of time being calorie deprived. I would think that your cycle, if you were to run it after reducing your body fat further, would be more effective if you wait.

doctorboost

Awards
I didnt plan to cycle for about 2 more months. The guy i usually seek advice from (an extremly reliable source) told me to bulk... but added u may get a little stomach and see the weight n ur face as well. I was blown away thinkin in my mind fu*k that... he also says do cardio once 2 twice a week 20 mins tops!

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
I didnt plan to cycle for about 2 more months. The guy i usually seek advice from (an extremly reliable source) told me to bulk... but added u may get a little stomach and see the weight n ur face as well. I was blown away thinkin in my mind fu*k that... he also says do cardio once 2 twice a week 20 mins tops!
Perhaps posting some pics would help us in helping you. It may very well be that you could start bulking. Personally, I would prefer to be more lean before bulking. But if more muscle mass will significantly assist you in dropping fat because of the needed calories to support that extra muscle, you might be well advised to bulk. Posting pics would help to decide that.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Use the hormones to lose fat and build some LBM --- that is the beauty of a NON advanced lifter/hormone user. You can lose BF and build muscle in the right hormonal environment.

I would definitely get leaner as you will appear bigger and be much happier I believe. Then it is your duty to stay on point and maintain leanness.... It's a slow gradual progression but worth it if you can be prudent and strict day to day...

-Matt

doctorboost

Awards
Use the hormones to lose fat and build some LBM --- that is the beauty of a NON advanced lifter/hormone user. You can lose BF and build muscle in the right hormonal environment.

I would definitely get leaner as you will appear bigger and be much happier I believe. Then it is your duty to stay on point and maintain leanness.... It's a slow gradual progression but worth it if you can be prudent and strict day to day...

-Matt

So if i cycled then would i keep the same diet regimen or increase calories? Ill be honest im not as good with knowledge on the diet stuff... im strict but i dont know how exactly i should eat. Breakfest a scoop of protein in about 4 oz of almond milk. A banana and 2 koshi oatmeal packets. Snack is supreme protein bar. Lunch is usually a regular turkey sub on wheat from jimmy johns. Followed by eaither another bar or protein shake. And usually grilled chicken or fish for dinner

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Consider tracking your daily calories for a few days to see what your getting.

Establish your daily maintenance calories base on height, weight, activity and goals.

Compare your diet currently to how many calories you should be consuming to reach your goals. If you need help feel free to PM me. Trying it yourself, first, is a good way to learn.

There are lots of calorie calculators out there to help find that info. I usually google search and then find one. Experience has told me which ones are more accurate than others, but any that you find will give you an idea.

Diet is trial and error based on recording your calories and macro's and how your body responds.

doctorboost

Awards
What is macros? And i have 2 have 7 post b4 i can pm

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
What is macros? And i have 2 have 7 post b4 i can pm
Macro's is a shortened way of saying "Macro-nutrients".

Macros = Protein, Carbohydrates, Fats

No offense, but if you dont understand what macros are it is likely that you should stay away from gear (slang term for steroids). Consider instead, if you want to use some supplements to help you reach your goals: PES Erase Pro, PES AnaBeta Elite. There are other products on the market that would help you, but these are what I would recommend based on my experiences with them.

Using both of those products at once will help you to harden up and add lean body mass. They could also be used to help you reduce fat and retain your muscle mass while dieting. I have had success doing both with these products. You will, of course, need to learn how to diet properly for both of these goals, whichever you may choose. Not only is this cheaper than gear, but its safer as well.

Just my opinion. It would be awful to do a cycle and not get good results from it because of lack of knowledge and readiness for the cycle, on top of the stress it puts your body under.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Macro's is a shortened way of saying "Macro-nutrients".

Macros = Protein, Carbohydrates, Fats

No offense, but if you dont understand what macros are it is likely that you should stay away from gear (slang term for steroids). Consider instead, if you want to use some supplements to help you reach your goals: PES Erase Pro, PES AnaBeta Elite. There are other products on the market that would help you, but these are what I would recommend based on my experiences with them.

Using both of those products at once will help you to harden up and add lean body mass. They could also be used to help you reduce fat and retain your muscle mass while dieting. I have had success doing both with these products. You will, of course, need to learn how to diet properly for both of these goals, whichever you may choose. Not only is this cheaper than gear, but its safer as well.

Just my opinion. It would be awful to do a cycle and not get good results from it because of lack of knowledge and readiness for the cycle, on top of the stress it puts your body under.
Good info here. Ph/ds and or steroids are great additions but your nutrition and training should be spot on first. Look into leangains its in the nutrition section. Its a great program and you have more flexibility with food options. Its all about finding what works for you. After you have that down and your workout program is laid out for your goals i would go with either hdrol or epi as you should cut/recomp nicely wit either compound. You came to the right place keep asking questions people here are very knowledgeable.

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
Good info here. Ph/ds and or steroids are great additions but your nutrition and training should be spot on first. Look into leangains its in the nutrition section. Its a great program and you have more flexibility with food options. Its all about finding what works for you. After you have that down and your workout program is laid out for your goals i would go with either hdrol or epi as you should cut/recomp nicely wit either compound. You came to the right place keep asking questions people here are very knowledgeable.
Agreed. Waiting on the Test until your ready for an all-out bulk is prolly your best bet. Work on your diet and Cut or recomp to get your bf% down a bit, then maybe try test in the winter. Good luck bro. If you have any specific nutrition ?'s, let me know. its my strongpoint.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So if i cycled then would i keep the same diet regimen or increase calories? Ill be honest im not as good with knowledge on the diet stuff... im strict but i dont know how exactly i should eat. Breakfest a scoop of protein in about 4 oz of almond milk. A banana and 2 koshi oatmeal packets. Snack is supreme protein bar. Lunch is usually a regular turkey sub on wheat from jimmy johns. Followed by eaither another bar or protein shake. And usually grilled chicken or fish for dinner
Ditch the bars --- rely on food sources of protein (meats, cottage cheese, eggs,)

Keep it simple and basic -- I would keep each glycemic load small -- no more tham 30g carbs per meal, perhaps have 6 meals and 4 of them will have carbs in them.

The final 2 meals add 15-20 g of fat to your protein source.

I am being very simplistic here...

-Matt

doctorboost

Awards
Thanks for the input! On the last 2 meals of the day should that be the carb free meals? And whole eggs or egg whites? Some people say do some say dont Thanks in advance

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Thanks for the input! On the last 2 meals of the day should that be the carb free meals? And whole eggs or egg whites? Some people say do some say dont Thanks in advance
I prefer egg whites. And yes, cut off your carbs later into the day. Your body doesn't need the energy late in the evening because you'll soon be going to sleep.

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
It depends on the person and their goals. People respond differently to carbs.

Most benefit from a carb cutoff. But keep in mind if you workout later in the night, you DEF want carbs in your postworkout meal(help with recovery, replenish muscles, etc). But yea, on your nonworkout days, try the carb cutoff and see how your body responds.

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
I usually do 6 egg whites with one yolk. Its good cholesterol, with moderation.(and helps w/ taste)

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
I usually do 6 egg whites with one yolk. Its good cholesterol, with moderation.(and helps w/ taste)
I agree with this. I should have mentioned, although I prefer egg whites I do add an entire egg into however many whites I'm eating. If I eat a dozen whites then I'll have 2 full eggs. Something like that.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Certainly --- a carbless post workout is not going to do damage if protein is there. It wont replenish glycogen immediately, but no worries -- glycogen will get replenished regardless...

I like omega-3 whole eggs, 4 of those would suffice just fine...

-Matt

doctorboost

Awards
There alot of knowledgeable people on here i see... i see alot of people referencing the pes products.. are the pro hormones?

doctorboost

Awards
Certainly --- a carbless post workout is not going to do damage if protein is there. It wont replenish glycogen immediately, but no worries -- glycogen will get replenished regardless...

I like omega-3 whole eggs, 4 of those would suffice just fine...

-Matt
In my post workout and during workout i add a scoop of karbolyn to my blox bcaa, karbolyn has 50g's of carbs. And some aminos but my main amino is from the blox (amazing product) imo. I try to workout in the morning but occasionally go evenings 2 have a spot with upper body (bench, dumbbell press, wide grip chest, incline bench, decline bench) .. for dinner i usually go like 8-9oz of boneless chkn breast.. i can swap 2 eggs n the morning instead of oatmeal ...

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
There alot of knowledgeable people on here i see... i see alot of people referencing the pes products.. are the pro hormones?
While I like PES products (they are not PH's), be careful, there are a LOT of company reps on here whose duty is to push product (for lots of companies not just PES).

With that said if you want an easy way to track calories myfitnesspal.com is free and works well and has apps for phones too.

I used it for a while and then after a while, I knew the breakdown of all the foods I eat so I dont use it much anymore.

doctorboost

Awards
Ahhhh... i see! Although i have looked and looked i couldn't the info i wanted on it.. but i have found tons of people reppin there product! As i am open to any info i read i take everything with a grain of salt until proven! I cant see 1000's of people saying its great unless it actually works ... i wanna lean up a good bit as some1 earlier said ill look a bit bigger if i lean up a good bit. But damn i eat 200ish grams protein a day. Low sugar.. clean carbs and none once or twice a week.. ive lost 35lbs since december but cant get anymore gone! Been hittin cardio daily

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Ahhhh... i see! Although i have looked and looked i couldn't the info i wanted on it.. but i have found tons of people reppin there product! As i am open to any info i read i take everything with a grain of salt until proven! I cant see 1000's of people saying its great unless it actually works ... i wanna lean up a good bit as some1 earlier said ill look a bit bigger if i lean up a good bit. But damn i eat 200ish grams protein a day. Low sugar.. clean carbs and none once or twice a week.. ive lost 35lbs since december but cant get anymore gone! Been hittin cardio daily
I have a couple threads in the forums that show Bodpod results from my usage of Erase Pro and AnaBeta Elite, both good PES products. You'll see me recommending those products a lot because I've had excellent experiences with them, as validated by the Bodpod.