mid-high 20% body fat for PH cycle

Rayver

Awards
This is my first post but I'm a long time reader.

I started training in the last year and have cut 30lbs. I'm still on a cut and have 20lbs to go for my current goal. (Currently 220lbs at 29% bodyfat). I've built a good amount of strength and lately been running a routine 4/week strength training split with 2 days of cardio.

My question is, would running a first cycle of PH be okay for being in the mid 20% body fat or should I wait until I drop more body fat?

Although I've been doing a lot of research and have seen this question asked before, I'd like your opinion - What's a good PH to start for a beginner in the mid 20s percent body fat? I've seen a lot of different opinions but it seems to be all jumbled up in memory. Still have a lot of research to do but been learning about PHs for the past 3 weeks.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Drop more bodyfat naturally, you haven't been training long enough to start playing with hormones IMO. You can get into the 15% range without supplements if you make the effort.

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Cut first. You will be happier will all the results all around. Trust me. I dropped 30lbs of garbage weight recently. Then hit the PHs.

Rayver

Awards
This is what I was leaning to, cutting more and continuing training before attempting a PH. Thanks for the advice.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
I was in your shoes... keep cutting down naturally... I cut hard and fast and prob lost muscle mass but once down I trained/ate and did a ph cycle and put hte muscle back on without the fat.