Noob: Injection question

Sunny

Awards
Last night I had to use a 5/8 25g to inject test into my glute. First time using that size needle and even though it felt A LOT smoother than anything else im a little worried it might not have reached the muscle. My question is, How would you know if you injected into skin/fat? What would happen if you did? Im not sore and the skin at the site is fine.

I'll probably be going into delt next time haha

Sunny

Awards
1-1.5 would be a normal needle length for the glute
I have tons of 5/8s so i'm guessing I'll hit up tris and delts. But do you guys think the compound managed to get into the muscle?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You cat as though it won't get absorbed even if it didn't get to the muscle. SubQ has some solid research behind it.

Sunny

Awards
You cat as though it won't get absorbed even if it didn't get to the muscle. SubQ has some solid research behind it.
Oh, I was under the impression it wouldn't have the same effect of it was subQ or at least not as effective.

Last edited:
BigAL46

BigAL46

Awards
If your not going to use the glutes. Stick your quads before you go for a small muscle group like the tri's or bicep.

Sunny

Awards
If your not going to use the glutes. Stick your quads before you go for a small muscle group like the tri's or bicep.
I might try quads next week. Just seems like it would be a lot more painful...scares me lol

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
I have done quads, delts and ventrogluteal injections. Ventrogluteal were the least painful but need a that longer needle. i am using 5/8 to 1 inch for quads and delts. for me it only hurt the first time i hit a muscle....its not like it is going to hurt more than a real leg workout would....

Sunny

Awards
Hit the quad last night! Not bad at all. A little more soreness right afterwards compared to glute but I think I'll be jabbing the quads from now until I get some longer needles.