Tetracycline for acne?

Flexappeal

Awards
  • Established
I was put on this anti-biotic from my derm for my first 2 cycles after I broke out badly. I was thinking about trying to get my hands on some and PRE-loading before PCT starts. However , I heard they stopped making it. What meds have some of you been put on other than accutane? I really need to beat acne this time around!

99hugcam

Awards
I have been put on Doxycycline before. Ultimately I ended up on accutane though.

MuscleMD

MuscleMD

Awards
lol you don't preload antibiotics but you can take it before you break out, thats called prophylaxis and might not be a bad idea. wish I would have my first time around .... still fighting this back acne a year later.

Flexappeal

Awards
  • Established
lol you don't preload antibiotics but you can take it before you break out, thats called prophylaxis and might not be a bad idea. wish I would have my first time around .... still fighting this back acne a year later.
Well I was told it takes a few weeks to become stable and start working.... If I started before I broke out (before pct) I may have a fighting chance

MuscleMD

MuscleMD

Awards
first line therapy is usually any one of those in the same class as tetracycline like doxy or minocycline. those don't work your best bet I back on accutane. personally been on minocycline and works ok. also with summer coming up be careful with photosensitivity on this class of abx. .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jbtwentytwo Anabolics 16
Trufitnessman2022 Anabolics 12
thaina1 Nutrition / Health 0
crispycrown Anabolics 3
tnick7 Anabolics 14