Alcohol during PCT

SlvrM3

Awards
I know obviously alcohol on cycle is a big no no. However I did realize I should be going on vacation around week 3 of my PCT. Now I'm not talking about excessive drinking by any means, but is a beer or two an issue this far into pct?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
if its literally a beer or two... maybe, but I wouldn't

pct is the worst time to drink in a cycle...you have to overlook just the liver aspect, and realize that is when your body is solidifying gains

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A beer or two would likely be fine. People say "no" regardless because they have an idea that anything is bad. BUT, you have to be reasonable and really stick to that.

1-2 drinks aren't going to hurt gains. People regularly admit to it on here. I have done it and bloods were no different than when I didn't. Now this was 1 time during PCT

BigRed904

Awards
In moderation, it shouldn't affect bloods, but gains yes. Alcohol can cause muscle atrophy...

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You'd be better off addressing the fact that alcohol has contradictory efforts to a bodybuilder when just looking at the sugars alone, which are worth about 5-6 calories per gram and break down extremely quick in your system. Anything that supports diabetes or is dangerous for a diabetic should answer your question of whether or not it is a good idea. I know, it's hard to resist especially in social circles but that's the price you have to pay to be in the best shape.

It's easier to say no to all alcohol than to try and modulate the intake. It's already a borderline drug and personally, I find myself trying to "escape" to it after a long or difficult day. I already have enough vices as it is, lol so I don't need another one!

SlvrM3

Awards
Thanks for in info guys. Just 2 weeks into cycle but havent had a drink in maybe 4 months. I started my cycle this early so I could have a few at the pool by the middle of summer. I guess I can sacrafice a few on vacation to look like I want to by said pool.