Aegis (Is it the best?)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
So, anyone used this?

Buddy mine from the forums recommended it.
I researched it a little bit, expensive yes, but when it comes to your liver/health you can't be too careful. Never heard of any of the ingredients but people who run heavy & stacked methyl cycles swear by it. Just curious for some feedback.

-doesn't include the old fashioned stuff like milk thistle, NAC-

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nutraplanet carries capped TUDCA which is a more cost effective option.

TUDCA + silymarin + NAC is what I usually use

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

Thx.

Thought I checked the planet, they are OSS I think @ the moment unless I should be searching for something else. I'm go look again.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I have yet to see anyone use aegis, and seeing its price I can see why.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have yet to see anyone use aegis, and seeing its price I can see why.
Yeah... It's supposed to be the best out there in liver care.
$20 ain't nothing for superior health, protection & piece of mind.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

That source dried up a long time ago. NP does not stock TUDCA.

From what i've found Antaeus is the only place that legitimately sells a TUDCA product. Unless you can find Liver Longer i guess. Otherwise you have to go through an off-shore site or chem site. And honestly, NAC doesn't really do that much for your liver compared to what we're taking.

45 bucks for 2 months worth, or 1 month if you want to go closer to a "treatment" dose. 45 bucks aint' nothing when it comes to your liver health. AJP let me see if i can find a study or 2.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[h=1]Effect of tauroursodeoxycholicacid on bile-acid-induced apoptosis and cytolysis in rat hepatocytes[/h]
  • Christine Benz,
  • Sabine Angermüller[SUP]a[/SUP],
  • Ulrich Töx,
  • Petra Klöters-Plachky,
  • Hans-Dieter Riedel,
  • Peter Sauer,
  • Wolfgang Stremmel,
  • Adolf Stiehl
  • Department of Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Germany
  • [SUP]a[/SUP] Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
  • Received 22 April 1997. Revised 1 August 1997. Accepted 6 August 1997. Available online 16 November 2001
[h=2]Abstract[/h]Background/Aims: In cholestatic liver disease, bile acids may initiate or aggravate hepatocellular damage. Cellular necrosis and cell death may be due to detergent effects of bile acids, but apoptosis may also play a role. In cholestasis, the conditions determining either apoptotic or cytolytic cell death are still unclear. Primary rat hepatocytes in culture represent a suitable model to study bile-acid-induced liver damage.
Methods: Glycochenodeoxycholic acid, a hydrophobic bile acid, was used to induce cell damage. Tauroursodeoxycholicacid, a hydrophilic bile acid, served as substrate to study possible protective effects of such compounds. To study the time and concentration dependency of bile-acid-induced cytolysis and apoptosis, morphologic alterations, hepatocellular enzyme release and nucleosomal DNA fragmentation were evaluated.
Results: Bile-acid-induced cytolysis, as indicated by hepatocellular enzyme release and by morphologic signs of membrane destruction, increased with concentration and time. Addition of tauroursodeoxycholicacid to the incubation medium reduced cytolysis significantly, indicating a direct hepatoprotective effect of this bile acid against the detergent action of hydrophobilic bile acids. In contrast to cytolysis, apoptosis with DNA fragmentation was induced by low concentrations of glycochenodeoxycholic acid a few hours after incubation. Coincubation with tauro-ursodeoxycholic acid in equimolar concentrations significantly reduced apoptosis, indicating another direct hepatoprotective effect of tauroursodeoxycholicacid.
Conclusions: It seems likely that in severe cholestasis, bile-acid-induced injury of hepatocytes is due mainly to cytolysis, whereas in moderately severe cholestasis apoptosis represents the predominant mechanism of bile acid toxicity. Tauroursodeoxycholicacid may reduce both bile-acid-induced apoptosis and cytolysis.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
That source dried up a long time ago. NP does not stock TUDCA.

From what i've found Antaeus is the only place that legitimately sells a TUDCA product. Unless you can find Liver Longer i guess. Otherwise you have to go through an off-shore site or chem site. And honestly, NAC doesn't really do that much for your liver compared to what we're taking.

45 bucks for 2 months worth, or 1 month if you want to go closer to a "treatment" dose. 45 bucks aint' nothing when it comes to your liver health. AJP let me see if i can find a study or 2.
Thx.

Yeah people saying oh it's expensive and I wanna save $20... hell I'd rather spend $80 & know my liver is in better shape than being cheap. I ordered a bottle... Should be @ my door Tuesday.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Let me know how it goes, I am not opposed to the price as much as the fact that no one has used it.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Let me know how it goes, I am not opposed to the price as much as the fact that no one has used it.
If this stuff is @ good as Rhadam say it's is, I'm upping my dose on my PH. Only bloods will tell... Rhadam steered my towards this and & I respect him & his knowledge...

MrMarc

MrMarc

Awards
I'd like to see how this goes, 45 bucks doesnt sound to bad, but let us know how everything works out!