How important is a test base?

thedj

Awards
I see everywhere people recommending the addition of a "test base" to PH cycles and I'm curious just how important this is and what exactly its function is.

My understanding is that it is simply to help combat lethargy and decreased libido, what are some other benefits?

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Muscle gains, lethargy, low libido, hardens you up

thedj

Awards
so will it help prevent or lessen the hpta shutdown?

xtreme1087

Awards
Most PH's will shut you down, just like an AAS will. Test is one of the safest injectables you can use and will give you solid lasting gains. Injectables in general are safer than orals because they bypass the liver keeping your liver healthier. They are also more effective because orals get broken down by the liver before being released into the blood stream, but injectables go straight into the blood stream through the muscle. I would not run another solo oral compound ever again. Test is cheap, easy to find, makes you feel great, keeps the libido in overdrive, battles lethargy, gives a great pump and focus, and much more. If you're going to shut your body down, get the most out of it and lengthen your cycle with test. Just my $.02

thedj

Awards
i didn't mean an injectable test base xtreme, sorry for not clarifying. i mainly meant a different compound (prohormone) to serve as my test base. probably something DHT based

evodrag

Awards
Its as important as functional P****!

I guess you could run 4ad