-Powerlifting on Test Only... Injury Guaranteed?-

BigThreeForMe

Awards
I have no clue how I missed this, but now that I've started Test Prop (on day five now) I'm reading how testosterone decreases collagen synthesis by 50%-80%!?!? I'm wondering how this can be and yet every powerlifter out there isn't rolling on the ground with double tendon ruptures! Does this mean that new collagen will just grow slower or the tendons I have are currently being attacked? Do I just have the be smart about how fast I progress, or actually cut the weights I already lift? None of it is making sense to me unless it's really not as bad as I'm being led to think it is.

Please advise.

ripped_one

Awards
  • Established
Your facts are correct, but it takes a while for the effects to build over time injury wise.

Eq and deca both increase callogen synthesis a lot, so running 200mg or so of either of those just for that reason alone is worth it.

BigThreeForMe

Awards
Your facts are correct, but it takes a while for the effects to build over time injury wise.

Eq and deca both increase callogen synthesis a lot, so running 200mg or so of either of those just for that reason alone is worth it.
Which facts are correct? I will or won't be doing damage? Can I lift heavy and is it degrading my already existing collagen? I just have no idea how people lift heavy on test...

BigThreeForMe

Awards
Also, I actually have access to Deca but no cabergoline so that's out.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Are you a pwrrlifter because if yu get tested deca is detectable for like 9months i think

ripped_one

Awards
  • Established
The fact I was talking about was the decrease in callogen synthesis you referenced.

I would do 500mg test and 100-200mg deca. Just that small amount will help with joints and also increase gains to some extent. And no, cabergoline is not needed, especially for that small of a dose.

BigThreeForMe

Awards
The fact I was talking about was the decrease in callogen synthesis you referenced.

I would do 500mg test and 100-200mg deca. Just that small amount will help with joints and also increase gains to some extent. And no, cabergoline is not needed, especially for that small of a dose.
I already have minor gyno from puberty is my concern with running any amount of nandrolone without caber, and I don't trust the liquid forms. I just feel like even 150mg/week is asking for major gyno trouble, wish I had the caber because its such an obvious and available option for me to run Deca. I just don't want to set myself up for a major injury squatting at max.