BIG Update on the Ban

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Although our efforts have been largely responsible for delaying the prohormone legislation for two years now, I think the whole industry has been resigned to the fact that this legislation would ultimately pass. Today, Senator Biden was able to get this legislation passed in the Senate Judiciary Committee and it is now headed to the floor for a vote. If approved, the legislation would be sent to the House where I am told that the language of the Senate bill will likely be accepted. It appears that this may all transpire in the very near future, possibly as soon as within the next seven days. I will advise you immediately should this happen, but remember, the 90-day effective date is currently written into the bill.

We will continue to work day in and day out to represent the industry on issues that threaten our freedom of access to dietary supplements and the viability of the sports supplement industry. As we have previously discussed, creatine has been mentioned in the notes of numerous pieces of legislation, where it is compared to anabolic steroids and questions are raised with regard to its safety. Bitter Orange is currently on the chopping block, and we have reason to believe that FDA is investigating other "ephedra alternatives" that are prevalent in popular weight loss products. In addition, Senator Biden's staff made it clear that although the prohormone legislation has been severed from the AER provision, Senator Durbin intends to reintroduce that legislation next year and Senator Biden will certainly be supportive. Adverse Event Reporting brings us one step closer to Pre-Market Approval. Also, be aware that Gov. Schwarzenegger today signed a bill making it a misdemeanor (under Section 110423.2 of the Health and Safety Code) for any manufacturer, wholesaler, retailer, or other person, to sell, transfer, or otherwise furnish any of the following to a person under 18 years of age:

(1) A dietary supplement containing an ephedrine group alkaloid.
(2) A dietary supplement containing any of the following:
(A) Androstanediol.
(B) Androstanedione.
(C) Androstenedione.
(D) Norandrostenediol.
(E) Norandrostenedione.
(F) Dehydroepiandrosterone.

Last edited:
rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/sports/20041001/c1sline01.art.htm

"A Senate committee gave its approval Thursday to a bill that would limit the sales of steroid precursors such as androstenedione. The Judiciary Committee sent the full Senate a bill that would ban over-the-counter sales of precursors, which act like steroids in the body. The House has approved a similar bill that would modify the definition of “anabolic steroid� to include tetrahydrogestrinone, androstenedione and specified related chemicals."

gabriel

Awards
so what does that mean exactly. if they all move to Cal. they can still make them and everything? :)

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
:type: Whips out the credit card and starts shopping.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
It still needs to be passed on the floor but there isnt much time left. The least is 3 months the longest is 6months, providing it gets passed in Jan. Its not good.

flava

Awards
so when will we start seeing powders at 2 bucks a gram

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Are you asking when we'll see clearance prices? Based on what happened to ephedra, not until the final weeks. Just a guess.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Get them while you can...
one thing with clearance prices is there gone before you know it. Buy a few now, and stock up later with the clearance, otherwise you may miss out on it all...

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Hey, stop it or everyone will smarten up and stocks will dry up this weekend!

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Hey, stop it or everyone will smarten up and stocks will dry up this weekend!

Well I know I do not want to source any more raws right now. With a three week lead time on a finished product, and maybe having to eat $10,000 of costs for a few kilos, some may choose to play it safe instead.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
BTW, does this make anyone else uneasy about the future of supplements:

As we have previously discussed, creatine has been mentioned in the notes of numerous pieces of legislation, where it is compared to anabolic steroids and questions are raised with regard to its safety.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Time to skip the emails, bros, & CALL YOUR CONGRESSPEOPLE!!!

Email's nice & all, and online petitions, too - but if you really want to make your point, call their offices, tell them politely that while you support public saftey & child welfare & all that, that this over-reaching by the FDA has gone far enough, an election is coming up, and you WILL be watching their vote, which you expect to be FOR consumers' rights and AGAINST the FDA / BigPharma efforts to gut the DSHEA.

Then follow it up with a letter - UPSP, snail-mail style. Make the same points, mentioned that you called & said the same thing. Reference each piece of legislation by number if at all possible.Remind them that you'll be watching how they vote.

Each real, signed-&-mailed letter counts as a thousand voters or more - and emails are just statistics, like in a poll - so get out your pens & paper & use those skills!

Mail 'em today! Last-minute influx of calls AND letters HAVE turned the tide before. Oh - and give it to 'm in-state AND in DC.

Good luck to all of us!

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Better ban all the cows because of the creatine content in red meat :rolleyes:

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
BTW, does this make anyone else uneasy about the future of supplements:
Yeah but that will be hard to pass. Some of the large supplement companies did not join the fight against the PH ban because it did not impact them much. Banning something like creatine will affect every supplement company around. Besides, how would the FDA justify banning 3 amino acids bound together? If anything I think they are referring to the CEE.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Yeah but that will be hard to pass. Some of the large supplement companies did not join the fight against the PH ban because it did not impact them much. Banning something like creatine will affect every supplement company around. Besides, how would the FDA justify banning 3 amino acids bound together? If anything I think they are referring to the CEE.
I don't know that it would be that hard to pass. The supplement companies has showed the government that they will just bend over and take it. I think what we are going to see in the future is the government banning more things. They are all ready looking at yohimbe and Synephrine . Eventually we are going to need to see a doctor to write a prescription to buy vitamin C. I read one of the incarnations of the prohormone bill banned the bulk sale of vitamins.All the major supplement companies should have worked together to fight the government at the beginning of the ephedrine ban.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hopefully there will be loopholes in the law so we can still get these products ie:For Research Only..Big Drug companies are behind the supplement bans,don't kid yourself they lobby politicians all the time..This is total crap,if a capable adult wants to buy drugs he should be able too.Alcohol and cigeretts are the 2 biggest killers today and they are legal..Total Bullshit I say, and it's all about the Benjamins they dont care if it's unhealthy... :rant:

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Formestane, 7-Keto, and 6-OXO should be available for awhile though, right?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I asked PA while back about 6OXO and he said it would still be available. Also in an ad, PA said 6OXO would still be around.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
What pisses me off about the ban is the idiotic logic behind it. To protect people from the "dangerous" prohormones, we are going to throw them in jail for using it!

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Madman - Ixnay on the oophooleslay! I think Biden is reading this thread.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Until this country sees fit to vote in a Libertarian voting block in Congress to, at least, slow down more restrictions and revenue grabbing, this is just the shape of many more things to come.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Madman - Ixnay on the oophooleslay! I think Biden is reading this thread.

He may be reading this thread but the big question is, does he bang the iron ?....prolly not :rofl: Good point about the loopholes...Nevermind Joe :hammer:

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
We don't even let third-party candidates deabte...hell, we don't even allow REAL unscripted debates. I really think politics as they are right now are a real joke.

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Custom! Damn shame that Schwarzenegger would play ball, too.

thejames

Awards
Arnold wants everyone just to go straight to steroids like he did when he was 15. He's thinking why should I make them mess around with PH/PS and go straight to the real stuff like I did!

sly

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Got 200 tabs M1T and 600 more on the way. I'm good to go!

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think arnold was just keeping ph away from the ones that everyone here tells not to use them. actually here we usually say dont use ph unless your 21.

that creatine scare is the biggest bunch of ****.

I have received back some letters from senators and house reps. they seem like they really dont care about my opinion. at least they know what it is.

keep us updated.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
well, i just ordered 5 grams of m1,4ad powder

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just ordered way too much. I cant wait til the ban hits so I wont have to keep hiding how much I spend on ph from my wife. who ever said ph are not addictive.

gabriel

Awards
haha.. they so are.. :) id be killed too if my wife only knew ;)
what are those fuks emails.. i'd like to say a few thigns too. i know im in canada but still..

GTOman

Board Supporter
Awards
I just ordered way too much. I cant wait til the ban hits so I wont have to keep hiding how much I spend on ph from my wife. who ever said ph are not addictive.
I hear ya dude. I thought I was the only one!

skoal

Awards
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has to hide my purchases from the wife. I just ordered some 1-AD and 4-AD and the stuff to make transdermals, to do that I had to close the pool myself this year to save $250. The last time I ordered it cost me 3 pairs of women's shoes. But damn I look stylish in those black pumps :)

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has to hide my purchases from the wife. I just ordered some 1-AD and 4-AD and the stuff to make transdermals, to do that I had to close the pool myself this year to save $250. The last time I ordered it cost me 3 pairs of women's shoes. But damn I look stylish in those black pumps :)
LOL