take methyls with grapefruit juice?

Okay to take Methyls with grapefruit juice?

• No

Votes: 46 25.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 133 74.3%

• Total voters

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Good idea. There is a scientific basis for it. Read the brief post on DesignerSupps' site. You should get more value for your methyl dollar.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
I read the post, must not have been thorough enough. All I remember was stuff about prescription drugs.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It talks about prescription drugs, but in theory it may be applicable to PH's as well, by blocking the enzymes that break down and excrete the compounds...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
certainly couldnt hurt

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
that DS article didn't help me figure out if it helps for methyls or not, but my own understanding of it is that it does. I ate 1/2 a ruby red or drank some fresh juice with my M doses on cycle. Sure miss those grapefruits! I guess I could have my lab rats chase their nolva with some....

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Great idea! To get an idea of whether it "works" or not, take some ECA one day. The next day eat a half or whole grapefruit, and take your ECA about 45 min later. :run:

"Take 2 of these and call me in the morning :thumbsup: "

SS

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
It would be nice to find out the exact content of grapefruit essential oil or other distillation. If one can be found with the active we are concerned with, a person could just buy a bottle of oil and use a drop or two at a time. - Many people find the taste of grapefruit foul, or at least not something they want to scarf down thrice daily.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
Does this mean it may be a bad idea as well? If less of the substance is broken down in the stomach.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I seen some ph bottles with bergamotin (spelling) in it. that is whats in the grapefruit that affects the enzymes. I had a bottle of 4ad, I think, and did a search on the internet to find out what all the ingredients were for. seen some studies that said it enhances the affect of presc. drugs and not to eat grapefruit with certain presc. drugs because it can put deadly amounts in your body. I guess they account for the liver to destroy some of the drug and when grapefruit blocks it then you get an overdose.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
that study was a little over my head. whats the side effects in laymans terms.

PastorofMuppets

Awards
As I understand it.

It means that overall cortisol levels are kept at slightly higher levels due to inhibition of conversion to cortisone.

Cortisol = Bad.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
cool thanks. does the cortisol raise estrogen levels?

Grant

Awards
  • Established
No, cortisil is catabolic. (muscle wasting/breaking down)

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I tried it with ephedrine today. I took 250ml juice 35mins prior to my eph. and I cant say I noticed a huge difference, maybe a little, but not a lot at all.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you can account that to placibo effect
I agree.

I will try it with 500ml GF juice on wednesday and see what happens. I will also try with a whole GF on thursday. Hopefully I willl get something from that. I dont want to push it over the 500ml mark simply because of the sugar intake. 500ml is something like 45g sugar.

dietrich

Banned
Awards
A couple of things we do with GF Juice. First the stuff works great with all fat burners. It just seems to make everything work better. So we follow the advice Dan Duchaine had years ago before he passed on. He always mentioned using canned GF juice because it was more concentrated. So we get the really small cans. They are about 3-5 ounces I guess. I use 2 cans a day with certain supplements. Now with the stimulants it definetly keeps them going longer so be prepared especially if you use stimulants in the later part of the afternoon.

Now when it comes to oral PH's we noticed that everyone who used canned GF juice along with the 1AD,4AD cycle was very happy with the enhanced results. Everyone who did it noticed much better results compared to when they didn't use the juice.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
even though it may raise cortisol, how much of a raise is it? remember you are adding exogenus amounts of an anabolic substance to your body/blood. now obvioulsy we dont want anymore C if we dont have to have it. but you have to keep all things in mind and by all means dont take one study for absolute truth. the articel was posted more as to give everyone something to think about and try if they felt the need. some what like twice or three times daily doisng. splitting up dosing during the dasy may work better for most people, but if you never try it youll never know.

rogue,
you find some of the most interesting stduies though, another good one to stash on the jump drive card thing;)lol

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
Bioperene probably is a better choice, and it doesnt seem to be hard to get. Those were good finds study wise.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
How would you go about taking it with bioperine? Take it 30 mins or so before taking whatever? Or take it at the same time?

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Bump to this.....never tried it, but always interested in the debates and the studies

uridium245

Awards
From personal experience I can say drinking GF juice does work. I respond to M1T VERY well almost too well as a 10 mg dose a day causes no additional growth but causes very noticable side efffects. 5 mg a day seems to be my sweet spot for gains with no sides. But when I took 5 mg a day with GF juice BAHM... back cramps like a bitch even with Taurine and felt like absolute ****.

I am using it now with my 100 mg M1,4ADD that I have included in my current cycle in the cycle section and will post results soon.

P.S. All of my M1T cycles included 4AD.

sonicbum

Awards
yea, i tried to bump my m1t up to 15 mgs ED from 10 mgs ED, and my body said "**** you" im also taking it with 4ad, i couldnt imagine doing it without it.

OULexicon

Awards
Bergamottin has not been studied enough to say its definitely a good idea to make it a part of your daily intake. In theory, it can help increase the PH effects on your body, but who knows what added danger that will bring with it.

In any event, I'd go with the whole fruit, rather than the juice and especially a supplement.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Bergamottin has not been studied enough to say its definitely a good idea to make it a part of your daily intake. In theory, it can help increase the PH effects on your body, but who knows what added danger that will bring with it.

In any event, I'd go with the whole fruit, rather than the juice and especially a supplement.
OULexicon - Thanks...
To be honest, I never thought of the increased risk...good point...any other input?

OULexicon

Awards
No, I don't really have any further input. Other than maybe stressing that whole foods are always better when thinking about things like this.

I will add that IDS M1T Extreme has bergamottin, so if its a concern of yours, I would stay away from this product. I know that's not your question, but just FYI.

There is plenty of stuff out there on GF intake and bergamottin. Do a Google search, and you can find a few things that appear legit.

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
The active ingredient in grapefruit appears to be something called furanocumarins, in addition to bergapten.

See this article

This article states that bergapten may only inhibit the testosterone binding site (question: is that bad for guys like us because it would block T from being effective, or would that be good for us because it "saves" T from being destroyed?)

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
If I'm using grapefruit juice w/ my SD, should it be 100% juice from the can, or that 30-40% juice in the bottles @ Walmart?

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking to take pompelmo juice (i hate grape), which is supposed to have the same active compounds.
Still doubtful if doing this or not...

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
Just a little personal comment -- I love grapefruit juice, better than OJ. More "mature."

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
know anywhere online? i dont think i have a vit shop near me, only GNC and i refuse to go there.

i love your avy, really love it.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
My question is, wouldn't this cause the liver to work even harder ???

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about DHB, does this have an affect on methyl's. I have tried bioperine back when 1-AD first came out, I couldn't tell you if it work or not but I did gain 9lbs from a 6week cycle, but I did get a hell of alot stronger.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
...and when people ask you what you're on, you can tell them... JUICE! Grapefruit juice. :p

wheels

Awards
  • Established
hello strategos

Good idea. There is a scientific basis for it. Read the brief post on DesignerSupps' site. You should get more value for your methyl dollar.
Was wondering how much grapefruit juice in ozs,bioperene in mgs and the best time to take with ph or before?

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
Bioperine come mostly in 10mg tabs. ive read not to exceed 2 caps in one day so i would take it in the morning and at night with your other supplements.

ike7

Awards
2 more days to my 4 week SD cycle and I used grapefruit juice all the way through the four weeks, this is my first cycle so I have nothing to compare it to but I have made significant gains during my cycle. I talked with a friend who is a chemist and he assured me that the interaction applies to methyls as well.

ike7

wheels

Awards
  • Established
hello ike7

2 more days to my 4 week SD cycle and I used grapefruit juice all the way through the four weeks, this is my first cycle so I have nothing to compare it to but I have made significant gains during my cycle. I talked with a friend who is a chemist and he assured me that the interaction applies to methyls as well.

ike7
Do you use liver protection while using grapefruit juice during your cycle seems like this may a conflict of interest? Would appreciate any more information you have on this topic.

ike7

Awards
of course, here's a breakdown of what I've taken through my cycle.

1000mg milk thistle
500mg hawthorn berry
flaxseed
taurine
daily vitamin

I started at 10mg SD for week 1, 20 week 2, 30 week 3-4

starting weight 197, dropped to 191-192 after the first seven days, now up to 203.
bodyfat has dropped by 4% as of the end of last week. I changed my macronutrient levels half way through cycle to help promote weight gain rather than loss. You need carbs on this stuff, lots of them. I'll probably finish off in the 203-205 range which is fine with me. I had no ill side effects, no test shrinkage, no high blood pressure. I did experience (and still am) lower back pumps but the taurine has definately helped for that. Joints seem dry also and have just started taking Glucosamine with chondroitin MSM. That hasn't kicked in yet, my knees are a little sore from this situation.

ike7

wheels

Awards
  • Established
hello ike7

of course, here's a breakdown of what I've taken through my cycle.

1000mg milk thistle
500mg hawthorn berry
flaxseed
taurine
daily vitamin

I started at 10mg SD for week 1, 20 week 2, 30 week 3-4

starting weight 197, dropped to 191-192 after the first seven days, now up to 203.
bodyfat has dropped by 4% as of the end of last week. I changed my macronutrient levels half way through cycle to help promote weight gain rather than loss. You need carbs on this stuff, lots of them. I'll probably finish off in the 203-205 range which is fine with me. I had no ill side effects, no test shrinkage, no high blood pressure. I did experience (and still am) lower back pumps but the taurine has definately helped for that. Joints seem dry also and have just started taking Glucosamine with chondroitin MSM. That hasn't kicked in yet, my knees are a little sore from this situation.

ike7
Glucosamine is good for rebuilding joints but not for pain,Turnmeric Force(anti-inflammatory) is very good for pain ,It's powerful yet safe liver detoxiflicater and whats best is it's natural can find at any local health food store.

ike7

Awards
Glucosamine is good for rebuilding joints but not for pain,Turnmeric Force(anti-inflammatory) is very good for pain ,It's powerful yet safe liver detoxiflicater and whats best is it's natural can find at any local health food store.
the discomfort I am experiencing is no doubt from the dryness effect caused by the SD. Glucosamine in everything I've ever read, including the label indicates that it is the product that would help relieve this. I'm no beginner to the iron game, I've been doing this for 21 years and know a pain that is something to worry about and a discomfort from diet or supps.

ike7

wheels

Awards
  • Established
hello ike7

the discomfort I am experiencing is no doubt from the dryness effect caused by the SD. Glucosamine in everything I've ever read, including the label indicates that it is the product that would help relieve this. I'm no beginner to the iron game, I've been doing this for 21 years and know a pain that is something to worry about and a discomfort from diet or supps.

ike7
You know you are exactly right,so in 4weeks when you have no relieve while using glucosamine and you say this supplement ain't working for this purpose.You will read all threads on the topic only to find that it's not for pain or that sd does not cause joint pain?