Havent gained or lost a pound on Epi (Recomp) - AnabolicMinds.com

Havent gained or lost a pound on Epi (Recomp)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Stats
    5'8"  166 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Havent gained or lost a pound on Epi (Recomp)

So Ive been training for 1.5 yrs. I've done 1-andro and Hdrol in the past. I decided to recomp on Epi, while eating 50-100 calories over maintenance.

Today is day 25 and I havent gained or lost a pound yet. Days 1-7 I did 36mg and since day 8 Ive done 54mg daily. I also havent had any side effects like back/calf pumps, acne, or anything. On Hdrol I had tough back pumps and burning piss, but was getting better results. Same on 1-Andro...pumps and burning piss but got results. Is this bad epi or is it just not working or....

I have a typical routine

Sunday: Back
    Monday: Chest/abs
    Tues: Arms/LISS
    Wed: LISS/Core
    Thurs: Chest
    Fri: Shoulders/Abs
    Sat: Legs

Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

In a recomp the general idea is to trade fat for muscle. Therefore you wouldn't gain or lose...
    Are you getting stronger? Are you positive you're eating enough? Are you positive your training is in tune?
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
    Stats
    5'8"  166 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I knew the gains were going to be slow, since its a recomp. Your weight should increase tho if you're trading fat for muscle. Yes, my lifts are up but Idk whether its the EPI or my increase in calories. Prior to the cycle I was cutting and my lifts were down (400 kcals below maintenance) and now Im eating 50-100 kcal over maintenance.

I also count every calorie with my myfitnesspal.
    •   

Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ion26 View Post
    burning piss
    This is not a side effect of steroids... what kind of women are you sleeping with?

Seriously though, 1.5 years and you've already done 3 cycles? Hmm...
    Stats
    5'8"  166 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
    This is not a side effect of steroids... what kind of women are you sleeping with?

I started lifting in august 2010 to be exact. Took 1 andro in January 2011 and Hdrol in mid/late august 2011. Epi is the 3rd.

Well the burning pee went away so I guess Im good...
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

On a recomp, I tend to suggest about 200-250 calories over maintenence on a build (lifting) day, and 300-500 under maintenance on a burn (cardio/off) day. If you are constantly in a caloric surplus it is much harder to burn fat.
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ion26

I started lifting in august 2010 to be exact. Took 1 andro in January 2011 and Hdrol in mid/late august 2011. Epi is the 3rd.

Well the burning pee went away so I guess Im good...
    I believe 1 andro converts to 1 test which is known to cause burning pee
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kaikara

Well, the old 1-ad made your piss burn, so it was a common side, never hear the for hdrol though

OP what sort of strength increases have you seen?
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.

I'm on an 800cal deficit n gained 8lbs so far on week 5. Sounds like u didn't go w Havoc?

Sorry was on trnazone as well n maxed at 2ml, week n half left at 50mg epi

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen75 View Post
    I'm on an 800cal deficit n gained 8lbs so far on week 5. Sounds like u didn't go w Havoc?
    I find it hard to believe that you can gain 8 lbs while on a 800 calorie a day defecit on epi alone, or on ANYTHING alone for that matter AAS or otherwise.
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.

I was actually on trenazone for 6weeks as well. Leaning up really good too! Full log on phf still going; i guess I'm just a genetic freAk ;

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen75 View Post
    I was actually on trenazone for 6weeks as well. Leaning up really good too! Full log on phf still going; i guess I'm just a genetic freAk ;
    I was gonna say "unless you are sneaking in some tren" LMFAO....I guess that makes more sense....well you'd have to be genetically blessed to gain like that on a deficit even with tren and epi....but yeah add it all together.....how much trenazone per day? 2ml?
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    I was gonna say "unless you are sneaking in some tren" LMFAO....I guess that makes more sense....well you'd have to be genetically blessed to gain like that on a deficit even with tren and epi....but yeah add it all together.....how much trenazone per day? 2ml?
    I started pretty low and worked my way up to 2ML during the 6 weeks. I've always been able to gain pretty easy and can't cut for crap. I was on a 1500cal a day diet for a few weeks and lost very lil weight.

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen75

I started pretty low and worked my way up to 2ML during the 6 weeks. I've always been able to gain pretty easy and can't cut for crap. I was on a 1500cal a day diet for a few weeks and lost very lil weight.
    Interesting....i was worried about going to 1700-1800 cals a day....but i was waiting till i go on trenazone Monday to go that low lol. I figure its as good a product as any to go super low cal on.
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6

Interesting....i was worried about going to 1700-1800 cals a day....but i was waiting till i go on trenazone Monday to go that low lol. I figure its as good a product as any to go super low cal on.
    Pu$$y. Just do it
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

you train 7 days a week?
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM

Pu$$y. Just do it
    I'm-a-gonna I'm-a-gonna !!!!! i'm doin it right now....only at 850 cals right now!
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Couple things here ... what brand of Epi is this and ... you don't feel a single side? Not even a change in libido?

Also - you work out seven days a week?

Also - (and I will killed for saying this but I have lifted for over 30 years and I'll stand by this statement) ... Your workout seems to have a lot of "isolation" in it. That's fine if that's your goals - but you're posting here because you're not satisfied that Epi has delivered a strong increase in weight.

If you want to increase weight - DO COMPOUND MOVES and do Deads / Squats two days per week. Heavy as you can go. Don't train seven days a week as this will kill you fast. But seriously - if you've been in the gym for only a couple of years, and you aren't going competitive - there's no reason to do isolation moves. Work your biceps out and your back at the same time with pull ups and rows. Work your tri's, and shoulders at the same time as your chest with bench presses.

Squats and Deads hit the whole body and demand that the endocrine system engage to help your body grow.

At your stage of the game - working out should be simple as hell, because you're building foundation and compound moves will do that for you. Heh - I say "simple" - but it should also be painful, because you need to work up to lifting heavy as possible.
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

I agree with everything you said sir.
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
    Stats
    6'4"  230 lbs.

SUX to be you bro i can help but explode on epi
    in all seriousness best of luck bro
    Stats
    6'4"  230 lbs.

What brand of epi?
    Stats
    5'8"  166 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Sorry y'all I'm on my phone. I'll answer all your questions in a bit.

I train 6x a week, sometimes 5 if I'm really busy with school.

The brand is Element Nutrition EDGE.
    Stats
    5'10"  218 lbs.

epi waited 'til week 4 to kick in for me. I was eating about 800-1000 calories above maintenance and I gained weight like a madman starting at about day 23ish. the whole burning piss thing could also be a distressed prostate, especially if the pain is coming from that area of the ol' crotch.
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.

Sorry y'all I'm on my phone. I'll answer all your questions in a bit.

I train 6x a week, sometimes 5 if I'm really busy with school.

The brand is Element Nutrition EDGE.
    Element Nutrition EDGE, WFT? Man never heard of that, I wouldn't touch it!
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

Could it be that he bought some old Epistane that has lost its potency? I copied the following from tuned sports;

''Itís also been stipulated that Epistane and Havoc both have a very short shelf life, itís been said that Epi-Havoc will begin to loose itís potency after six months of storage, therefore users buying in advance should plan accordingly, storing in a vacuum sealed apparatus may also extend shelf life.''

I'm pretty sure I'm going to run a Epistane cycle in the summer and I'm somewhat concerned about this, as in I would hate to buy some Epistane that has been sitting in a storage since 2007 and hasn't been stored properly.
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbero View Post
    Could it be that he bought some old Epistane that has lost its potency? I copied the following from tuned sports;

''Itís also been stipulated that Epistane and Havoc both have a very short shelf life, itís been said that Epi-Havoc will begin to loose itís potency after six months of storage, therefore users buying in advance should plan accordingly, storing in a vacuum sealed apparatus may also extend shelf life.''

I'm pretty sure I'm going to run a Epistane cycle in the summer and I'm somewhat concerned about this, as in I would hate to buy some Epistane that has been sitting in a storage since 2007 and hasn't been stored properly.
    yeah for real....my epi all have 2015 dates on them and one 2013 bottle (3 are from the newest batch that just arrived in the warehouse a month ago)....but I won't be using them again for a long while probably....so maybe I should freeze them or at least refrigerate them....I was thinking about this the other day.....and the androseries say they are sensitive to light and heat....might fridge them as well....what I am not using for up to a year.....
    Stats
    5'8"  166 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

If I end up not getting much results...do I need to use PCT?
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

If I end up not getting much results...do I need to use PCT?
    Yes, even if you didn't get any gains you took something that will suppress your natural hormone levels so you should definitely do PCT. Maybe it was an old product that had lost it potency or w/e the case is here but you should still do PCT just to be safe.
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The shelf life must have been up for me on BOTH occasions since I never grew any on Epi and I was eating it like candy too (60mg/day)...I ditched Epi for those reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    The shelf life must have been up for me on BOTH occasions since I never grew any on Epi and I was eating it like candy too (60mg/day)...I ditched Epi for those reasons...
    what brand(s)???

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbero View Post
    Yes, even if you didn't get any gains you took something that will suppress your natural hormone levels so you should definitely do PCT. Maybe it was an old product that had lost it potency or w/e the case is here but you should still do PCT just to be safe.
    or, you can do the smart thing and get bloodwork done to see if it was bunk before you start slamming down all your PCT products
    For me, the action IS the juice.
    Stats
    5'8"  166 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbero

Alright. Today is only day 26, and I'm planning to run this for 50 days. I've also been running it at 54mg so maybe stronger results will kick in

And also...I thought about quitting it and just starting 6 weeks for hdrol. Is that smart or stupid?

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    what brand(s)???
    It was IBE, back in the day lol. It hurt my relationship with them too. I speculated that the pretty packaging and labeling was making up for under dosed product. I could've been wrong, but either way I took the stuff and saw no significant gains.
    Stats
    5'8"  166 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ion26
    i thought about quitting it and just starting 6 weeks for hdrol. Is that smart or stupid?
    bump
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

you have no way to verify if you are shut down/suppressed/liver taxed at this point without bloods. If you stop, I'd do a mild pct and wait some time (unless you get bloods back saying you are all within normal).
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast View Post
    you have no way to verify if you are shut down/suppressed/liver taxed at this point without bloods. If you stop, I'd do a mild pct and wait some time (unless you get bloods back saying you are all within normal).
    Do you mean without a SERM?

Bloods is the best thing to do right now I agree, but if he doesn't I think he still needs to run a good PCT with a SERM, better to be safe than sorry. After all he took 56mg of Epistane which is a very potent designer steroid and with an average person that kind of dose will lead to a shutdown. Him not getting results doesn't mean that the product is not working, the problem could be something else, like his diet or training.
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

nah, a mild pct in my book is a low-dose serm. There are very few instances where I feel ok saying "no serm"
    Stats
    5'8"  166 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

So if I do a short 4 week PCT. Can I do another cycle after since this one didn't really work
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.

So if I do a short 4 week PCT. Can I do another cycle after since this one didn't really work
    Assume it did do something to your hormones and wait the appropriate time, or go get bloodwork done.
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

Yes but the time off should equal to time you were on cycle + PCT

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lost 75 pounds Need body recomp diet plan!
    By ElPolloLoco in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 12:54 AM
  2. T3+SD+seasamin+GTE+BC=havnt lost a pound
    By KMW in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 05:19 PM
  3. gained muscle and lost fat on this cycle...
    By Jayhawkk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 04:19 AM