11-OXO and Seasonal Allergies

DanDO15

Awards
I was looking into running an 8 week 11-OXO cut running into summer but had a few questions about the effects it could have on seasonal allergies. Cortisol, aside from its ability to make people store fat, is also a major immune system suppressant, hence getting sick while under physiological stress. Allergies, on the other hand, are hyperactivity of the immune system to begin with. Does anyone have any experience with whether allergies were increased on cycle? I have fairly severe seasonal allergies to begin with and them getting worse on cycle would definitely keep me out of the gym (wouldn't be able to breathe well enough, dizziness, etc.) I was wondering if I should bother at all. If anyone has any experience or input I'd love to hear it.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
My can deal better with my allergies on cycle, cortisol is greatly suppressed on cycle so it may help u.

DanDO15

Awards
My can deal better with my allergies on cycle, cortisol is greatly suppressed on cycle so it may help u.
Even on an 11-OXO cycle? My point was the fact that cortisol is an immuno-suppressant and anti-inflammatory. Suppressing it, theoretically/physiologically, would actually increase allergic responses since an allergic response is hyperactivity of the immune system to begin with. I would expect that it would actually increase the allergic response if you were to further suppress cortisol. I have had no issues with allergies being affected in the past, and actually have had less on PHs but I have never used a cortisol inhibitor. Thanks for the response though, good to hear

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
I understand what your saying. Who knows the u said your allergies r better on PHs which suppress cortisol, so I don't see why this wouldn't help u. Dealing with allergies can put u under stress which will raise cortisol. I think 11oxo will benefit u, but just try it out.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
you don't know if the allergic reaction is necessarily linear to begin with.

just because a hyper immune system created allergies, it's not absolute that a better immune system would *increase* your allergies.

another thing to point out : cortisol suppresses the immune system. if you're immune system is *hyper*, maybe cortisol isn't affecting your immune system, and so suppressing it won't make a difference.

it's all hypothetical anyway, you'd just have to see i guess.