Gyno 1 month after pct

Jason55w

Awards
Hey guys. New to the forum but not new to ph use. I recently just finished a cycle of sd. Pushed the cycle to 5 weeks at 20 mg a day and had great gains.

For pct I used tamoxifen (nolva) 20/20/20/10/10 and I was using PES erase 3/3/2/2/1 for a 5 week pct.

A month after my pct ended I have noticed some symptoms of gyno. Both nipples are painful to touch and small marble sized knot has formed under my nipples. I have started taking tamoxifen at 20mg ed to help deter the gyno and some arimidex at 1mg to help reduce estrogen levels. Just curious is this is a good plan of action.

Also just want to hear any input you guys might have for using an AI such as arimidex during pct after a sd cycle. Thanks for the help fellas

rhv89

rhv89

Awards
Congrats on your cycle success. I've ran sd before and loved it for 3wks, felt like crap if pushed it any further. But I have had gyno probs my whole life. Tamox always seems to make it subside while on it but it always seems to rebound and come back slightly. Did you run the tamox and erase together for the whole 5 weeks?

rhv89

rhv89

Awards
shouldnt have said "my whole life". I meant I remember getting it when I first hit puberty. Prob around 7th grade. Always had sensitive nips in high school. Ive ran a few phs and it never fails. I am prone to getting gyno and it sucks.

Jason55w

Awards
Congrats on your cycle success. I've ran sd before and loved it for 3wks, felt like crap if pushed it any further. But I have had gyno probs my whole life. Tamox always seems to make it subside while on it but it always seems to rebound and come back slightly. Did you run the tamox and erase together for the whole 5 weeks?
Yes I ran them together during my pct. I think the problem with nolva is that it does not prevent estrogen it jus does not allow it anywhere to bond (correct me if I am wrong here people) but use of an AI will reduce estrogen levels. Think for future cycles I will try to use both during pct just not sure of arimidex and nolva should be taken at the same time or if I should take them separatly.

Conte

Conte

Awards
Use only Letrozole now instead of nolva but next time when you finish your pct don’t forget to check your hormones levels (E2, PRL, FSH, LH). It’s the best way to check if your pct was successful.

rhv89

rhv89

Awards
Yes I ran them together during my pct. I think the problem with nolva is that it does not prevent estrogen it jus does not allow it anywhere to bond (correct me if I am wrong here people) but use of an AI will reduce estrogen levels. Think for future cycles I will try to use both during pct just not sure of arimidex and nolva should be taken at the same time or if I should take them separatly.
That is a question I too would like to hear some feedback on. I have been told to run the erase after the tamox in order to prevent any rebound. Well It didnt really seem to work bc I had gyno come back somewhat badly about 2 weeks after the tamox. I have freinds who dont use serms at all and get minor gyno that goes away after a few weeks. Then I use ever precatioun I know of and still get it. No fair :(

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
how far past the tamox did you run the erase?

Austinmck17

Austinmck17

Awards
you didn't run erase past it. should have done
nolva 20/20/10/10
erase 0/3/3/3/2/1

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
yeah, the AI should be ran past the serm to control estrogen the best.

rhv89

rhv89

Awards
yeah, the AI should be ran past the serm to control estrogen the best.
would 3/3/3/2/1 be the typical protocal for this? I last ran nolva at 20/20/10/10 with erase at 2/3/3/2/1. Didnt start the erase until week 3 of nolva. Maybe I was misinformed or I misunderstood because I ended up with gyno showing up in my 4th wk of erase. Weird.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
there are a couple camps out there to be honest. some taper up and then down, some just taper down.

just down:
nolva:40/20/20/10/0/0
erase:0/3/3/3/2/1

up and down:
nolva: 40/20/20/10/0/0
erase:1/2/3/3/2/1

ManBeast

rhv89

rhv89

Awards
understood. I will try to just taper down next time and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice ManBeast.