acne and acne scarring.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
have some acne and acne scarring on my back, im gonna get on accutane sooon but anybody know about scarring like what helps, tanning helps hide it.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Well scarring is when you get an abrasion your cells start to multiply to fill the void. Scarring is caused by connective tissue beating the epithelial to the surface. Rubbing on scars can break down the scar tissue. Aloe vera can help. There are also hundreds of otc treatments but I havent used any.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
so a daily dose of aloe vera should help heal them, i picked on the acne on my back thats how i got it.
Well scarring is when you get an abrasion your cells start to multiply to fill the void. Scarring is caused by connective tissue beating the epithelial to the surface. Rubbing on scars can break down the scar tissue. Aloe vera can help. There are also hundreds of otc treatments but I havent used any.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
You can break apart the scar tissue via massage (sounds ridiculous but works).

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Message a cream called scar zone into it.
Using it now and seems to be working pretty well.

Conte

Conte

Awards
Accutane usually takes at least 2 weeks to be effective (to kick) and it is not for mild acne, it is only for serious cases and it is for long term therapies (so you have to take it for long time, more than 2-3 months usually). Moreover Accutane has sides I don’t like. I wouldn’t combine it with steroids as well. It is only for serious acne cases.
4-5 gr of pantothenic acid is better and safer and usually it works.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i used accutane for 3 or 4 months when i was a teen.

it was awesome. i don't get acne EVER anymore and im 25. i can eat whatever i want and use lotion on my face if i want and not get acne lol.

b vitamins can't do that.........definitely would get monthly blood tests though since accutane is essentially mega dosed vitamin A. it hurts liver levels because vitamin A is fat soluble and gets stored.

i didn't have the super bad acne though, you know the puss and all that, im glad my derma still prescribed it.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
YA exactly man my brother and friends have the same experience u did, its is isotretinoin thats megadosed vitamin A?
i used accutane for 3 or 4 months when i was a teen.

it was awesome. i don't get acne EVER anymore and im 25. i can eat whatever i want and use lotion on my face if i want and not get acne lol.

b vitamins can't do that.........definitely would get monthly blood tests though since accutane is essentially mega dosed vitamin A. it hurts liver levels because vitamin A is fat soluble and gets stored.

i didn't have the super bad acne though, you know the puss and all that, im glad my derma still prescribed it.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Tanning actually makes scarring worse. it makes it seem better in the short run but is just more damage to your skin. After your accutane run I highly suggest you do microderm/acid peel treatments. 6 treatments over a 6 month period and your scars will be almost unnoticeable (depending on how deep your scars are). I did the treatments after my acne treatments and I am glad I did my face looks 100x better can't see scarring at all.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
where do u get the treatments at?
Tanning actually makes scarring worse. it makes it seem better in the short run but is just more damage to your skin. After your accutane run I highly suggest you do microderm/acid peel treatments. 6 treatments over a 6 month period and your scars will be almost unnoticeable (depending on how deep your scars are). I did the treatments after my acne treatments and I am glad I did my face looks 100x better can't see scarring at all.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
where do u get the treatments at?
A board certified esthetician is able to give the procedures and some of them usually have good deals around certain times of the year for packages (such as paying for 6 treatments together instead of individually). Your dermatologist may have an esthetician that he/she recommends or you could ask around from anyone that you know. I could tell you a good one in south florida but the odds of you living there are slim lol

Husker89

Banned
Awards
how much was yours? btw i go to my dermatologist tomorrow
A board certified esthetician is able to give the procedures and some of them usually have good deals around certain times of the year for packages (such as paying for 6 treatments together instead of individually). Your dermatologist may have an esthetician that he/she recommends or you could ask around from anyone that you know. I could tell you a good one in south florida but the odds of you living there are slim lol

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
how much was yours? btw i go to my dermatologist tomorrow
prices vary. its not covered by insurance but for each treatment its usually over 100 but I think i got all 6 for around 550...forget exactly it was a few years ago. Sounds pricey but if you do have bad scarring it is worth it

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use the white bar of dial soap it's the safer one. Cleans up my acne give that a try. Heard head and shoulders does wonders too

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jbtwentytwo Anabolics 16
Trufitnessman2022 Anabolics 12
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
TravD77 Anabolics 2
Anabolics 11