Sleep?

skindog101

skindog101

Awards
Sleep ..... How much do u need everyday in order to grow/heal?

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I would think as much as you need. Anything less than 7 and I'm off track. I shoot for 8-8.5 hrs a night.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
The more the better...
Don't over think it...

One thing I've been learning is going by how my body feels when I do certain things.

skindog101

skindog101

Awards
Wish I could get 7 I get up at 4am for work most nights I get 5 or 6 as the missus likes to watch tv b4 bed at night, I do feel tired in the day time tho ???

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
9-10 is what I aim for. I have gained a lot of muscle since going from 6-7 to 9-10 and I am much happier.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
My body wants at least 9 but my life in the last year says i get around 6 on average. Whenever I get the chance to go all out I'll sleep up to 12 hours. That doesn't happen lately unless say I have a heart attack lol.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
That is like seeing the silver lining in a mushroom cloud. Holding up well since the heart attack?

My body wants at least 9 but my life in the last year says i get around 6 on average. Whenever I get the chance to go all out I'll sleep up to 12 hours. That doesn't happen lately unless say I have a heart attack lol.

21"GunSalute

21"GunSalute

Awards
Yeah if i get 6 im lucky also. I work third 7 days a week so its a little hard to get use to

skindog101

skindog101

Awards
Iv love to to get 9-10 at this stage tho it's just not possible, but yeah on the wkns ill sleep 11-12 easy!so I guess u am lacking sleep for sure it's just hard, kinda pisses me off if I have less the 6 hours cos I think I'm training,putting money into eating alot and not getting the maximum gains I could be getting! How much does it cost to eat?????gees my bills like 300 a wk!

Deca200

Deca200

Awards
Remember that we all have to do it 100% in the gym. But it only counts about 30%
Them other 70% that's left. Come's from enaugh rest/sleep and a proper diet !!

I sleep about 7-8 houres every day. And that's enaugh for me. But if i stress around all day. And not think about my diet. Do i find it hard to gain.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
i would say sleeping and diet are 90% training just breaks muscle down, which is obviously important.
Remember that we all have to do it 100% in the gym. But it only counts about 30%
Them other 70% that's left. Come's from enaugh rest/sleep and a proper diet !!

I sleep about 7-8 houres every day. And that's enaugh for me. But if i stress around all day. And not think about my diet. Do i find it hard to gain.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I think he was kidding? maybe im wrong lol
Lol yes I was kidding bout the heart attack part. Yeah I'm good gerbil thanx for askin. Feelin stronger every day. Gettin the itch big time to get back in the gym and start back up. Cabin fever is kickin in but luckily I have my little guy to keep busy and laughing. Balance in a world of chaos

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get 5-6 a night and feel great. If I get more I'm tired and sluggish. Hell gen. Mccrystal used to get 2-3 and functioned off that. I think everyone is different, but 8 is the general recommendation. Find out what works for you.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Iv love to to get 9-10 at this stage tho it's just not possible, but yeah on the wkns ill sleep 11-12 easy!so I guess u am lacking sleep for sure it's just hard, kinda pisses me off if I have less the 6 hours cos I think I'm training,putting money into eating alot and not getting the maximum gains I could be getting! How much does it cost to eat?????gees my bills like 300 a wk!
more is obviously better but i think if you can get about 6 each night you will still be ok and still be able to make good gains if everything else is in place. just make sure the sleep you do get is good, quality sleep. powerfull always gave me quality sleep and had me feeling rested when i woke up even if i didnt get an optimal quantity of sleep.