PCT training

Roniboney

Awards
I had originally planned to do a 3 day split but while on EPI my joints have gotten quite stiff and I need to rest longer periods between sets.Sometimes the workouts take an hour and a half due to me having to rest for my joints to feel ok.

Would a very low volume 5 day PCT training programme be ok.

I would be doing

Chest:
Bench Press 3x 3-5,4-6,4-6 I drop the weight every set but I will use heavier weights than I was on cycle
Incline Barbell Press 3x4-6

Back:
Lat pulldown 3x6-10
BB rows 3x4-6
Hyperextensions3x6-10

OFF

Shoulders+Traps:
DB Press 3x4-6
DB Rear Delt Fly's 3x12-15
DB Shrugs 3x15-25

Legs:
Leg Press 6x15-35
Calf Raises 6x15-35
when my knee's are better of course I'll be adding in squats and SLDL

Biceps+Triceps:
Barbell Curls 3x4-6
CG Bench Press 3x4-6

Disclaimer:I hurt my leg squatting on cycle due to joint dryness and have to suffice with heavy high rep leg presses.I have to do something rather than nothing.Also I don't deadlift due to a herniated disk in my lower back and a previously torn right lower lumbar(rugby injury)

It is altogether 45 sets which is exactly the amount I was planning on doing on the 3 day PCT split.I also have a 4 day one ready to go.I just want to mind my shoulder.I know once the estrogen rebounds my joints will be a lot more lubricated but I just want to lift safely and put my max effort into lifting during PC to keep my strength where its atT

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
were you using joint support supps while on epi?

Roniboney

Awards
were you using joint support supps while on epi?

I eat a lot of oily fish and supplement with a lot of glucosamine.

One thing I didn't buy for the cycle was cissus.I overprepared with the stuff I was going to take for PCT.Next cycle I will definately be taking super cissus or something better for my joints.Just considered cycle supoort and natty joint support stuff as good enough.Rookie mistake.

Any input on the training?

I will literally listen and take any advice given to me.If you guys says its stupid,stick to your 3 day split then I will

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
for the first couple weeks of pct, do a total 50% deload, light weights, moderate reps, no failure at all, no cardio at all. after that you can gradually start bringing the intensity back and cardio back (cardio slower than intensity IMHO).

My joint staples are glucosamine/msm/cucumin/hylauronic acid (arthritis runs strong in my family). I have skeletal balm on hand as well for trouble days, cissus is more of a tendon/ligament thing i thought.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you had that bad a cycle you had the epi dosed too high. Stop doing what you read, if your body says you can only do 30mgs that all you do. Also, you could have used dermacrine as it would have increases E2 and made your joints feel better. Animal flex is good with epi, has a little of everything.

Roniboney

Awards
If you had that bad a cycle you had the epi dosed too high. Stop doing what you read, if your body says you can only do 30mgs that all you do. Also, you could have used dermacrine as it would have increases E2 and made your joints feel better. Animal flex is good with epi, has a little of everything.
No no its wasn't unbearable its just by the end of my workout it feels extremely tight.Which led me to wonder if I stuck to a 3 day split I would have to increase exercise volume as I'd be doing a push/pull/legs split.

At 40mg I actually thing it was dosed too low for me.After the 4 weeks gains slowed to nearly nothing but I said I'd stick at 40mg/

Animal Flex will be on my agenda next time then(unless I decide its too expensive as Animal products usually are).

Roniboney

Awards
for the first couple weeks of pct, do a total 50% deload, light weights, moderate reps, no failure at all, no cardio at all. after that you can gradually start bringing the intensity back and cardio back (cardio slower than intensity IMHO).

My joint staples are glucosamine/msm/cucumin/hylauronic acid (arthritis runs strong in my family). I have skeletal balm on hand as well for trouble days, cissus is more of a tendon/ligament thing i thought.
Let me iterate this- its not unbearable I just want to be careful.

My leg is better due to mega dosing of fish oils and glucosamine,my shoulders feels fine when I keep overall sets under 15 for a chest or shoulder workout.What I really am asking is should I split my training up into smaller segments with the bare essentials for the next 8 weeks of my PCT so that I ensure there is no joint pain.

No cardio?Thats fine I never really do it anyways .RHB=55 so I'm happy enough