Had a heart attack saturday :-(

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Didn't wanna post this in general and thought about posting it in the 35 older area but since more people know me here and I am currently on cycle here it is.

Saturday morning went to work with bad upper abdominal pain almost like severe hunger but no appetite. Barely made it through til 2pm but toughed it out. Got home and applied a heating pad to my stomach and start having diarrhea that lasted on/off two hours then fell asleep on the couch. Woke up 2 hours later and went to get up and felt like I been stabbed in the center of my chest. Wife came home from work to take me in to ER where they proceeded to do EKGs , CT scans and and heart ultrasounds while under observation the while night. I informed them completely on my test cycle and supplement usage. My bloodwork was coming back with outstanding numbers and they couldn't figure it out. Then they checked enzyme levels or something and the ultrasound showed my blood wasn't pumping through my heart fast enough but my heart rate was jacked. I'm still a little foggy on that part of the diagnoses since from that point on as i was pumped full if dilauded and everybody went into hyperdrive and a team of EMTs transported me to another hospitals cardiac unit where they preformed a cardiac cath on me. They run a wire up you femoral artery into your heart to clear any blockage. But they found I had no blockage and after the procedure put me on heparin and nitro glycerin to thin my blood amd so on. Upon talking to the cardiologist before discharge he told me my test cycle had absolutely nothing to do with what happened as no enlargement of the heart or abnormal blood levels were found other then the enzyme thing which I don't completely understand but he believed stress and anxiety were most likely the cause. I have had a to of stress lately so it makes total sense but at 34 and in my health I never thought it would cause this even though on the heart attack scale they said it was a 5.2 rating from a scale that's measure 5.0 and up so it was what they called a mini heart attack. The doc said I could ease back into my normal routine in 4 days and follow up in 4 weeks. I know it wasn't the cause but I'm uneasy about finishing my cycle on one hand but don't wanna throw all this hard work away on the other. I lost 10 lbs over the weekend in the hospital and under the circumstance this is the least of my current worries but is something I need to address. If I do my last 3 injections I'm thinking of just going high rep/ lighter weight for the remainder of the cycle thru pct and adding light cardio with gradual build up. Or I could just start nolva in a few days and work out the same as previously stated and the cycle would pretty much be a wash but I could start my next planned sustanon cycle earlier in the summer the originally planned. As for the stress I'm going back to doing what I enjoy, bartending. That may sound funny to some but the money is good with less hours and more time with my family and enjoyable things . I tried a different career path and it's brought me nothing but unhappiness and stress. 60 hours a week and I'm walking with a check that's the same as two good nights at the bar. Anyways , this is alot to take in for the average forum goer I know do based on the responses I get I may repost this in the old guy thread even though I'm a year younger then the requirement there I think the heart attack may have just bumped me a year or so older at least .

P.s. whatever you guys take from this at least take this. Nothing in this life is worth taking unnatural amounts of stress an pressure over, nothing. If something is making you miserable or unhappy change it before it changes you and or hurts or scares the crap outa your family and loved ones like it just did mine.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Sh*t man! Sorry to hear that, glad you are doing ok. I hope you can find a way to reduce the stress in your life and get things back to normal and on track. Starting pct now or in a couple weeks wouldn't make much of a difference I think at this point, having the test in your system will make working back into the gym easier though I'd say.

ManBeast

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Sh*t man! Sorry to hear that, glad you are doing ok. I hope you can find a way to reduce the stress in your life and get things back to normal and on track. Starting pct now or in a couple weeks wouldn't make much of a difference I think at this point, having the test in your system will make working back into the gym easier though I'd say.

ManBeast
Yeah I think I'm gonna just continue the cycle. I talked to a bunch of docs and a coupe cardiologists that all confirmed it was defiantly not the cause of this nor would cause but I guess I'm alil shell shocked from all the needles and tubes poking and prodding all weekend to come home and jam another one in my arm. thanks for the moral support bro.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
anytime man

ManBeast

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whoa, r u trying to scare me? cause it's working.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
For those interested here are my bloodwork levels which the cardiologist was actually impressed by with the exception of my HDL which was low but said to start drinking more grape juice and it'll bring it right up.

Total cholesterol : 89 (goal is less then 160mg per dl)
LDL : 49 ( goal is less then 70 mg per dl)
HDL: 25 ( goal is greater then 60mg per dl)
Triglycerides: 73 ( goal is less then 150 mg per dl)
My ejection fraction: 50-55% ( normal is 55% or higher )

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know it wasn't the cause but I'm uneasy about finishing my cycle on one hand but don't wanna throw all this hard work away on the other. I lost 10 lbs over the weekend in the hospital and under the circumstance this is the least of my current worries but is something I need to address. If I do my last 3 injections I'm thinking of just going high rep/ lighter weight for the remainder of the cycle thru pct and adding light cardio with gradual build up. Or I could just start nolva in a few days and work out the same as previously stated and the cycle would pretty much be a wash but I could start my next planned sustanon cycle earlier in the summer the originally planned.
Personally, that sort of wake-up call for me would have me considering how I spend every minute of my time. When I am on my death bed I can promise you the status of my physique will be the farhest thing from my mind. The hours invested in my physique will be a waste as my body will return to the dust from which it came. I chose today to invest in things that transcend this moment - building a legacy for my children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren.
As for the stress I'm going back to doing what I enjoy, bartending. That may sound funny to some but the money is good with less hours and more time with my family and enjoyable things . I tried a different career path and it's brought me nothing but unhappiness and stress. 60 hours a week and I'm walking with a check that's the same as two good nights at the bar. Anyways , this is alot to take in for the average forum goer I know do based on the responses I get I may repost this in the old guy thread even though I'm a year younger then the requirement there I think the heart attack may have just bumped me a year or so older at least .
Been there done that. I have accepted a salary making 10% less gross but a 25% less investment of my time. There is a joy that has returned to my life, my spirit and my family as a result. I am now able to invest those wasted hours of my bride and princess and other men who are struggling to make sense of this same thing and the challenge to put in order and priority the things that you and I have discovered.

P.s. whatever you guys take from this at least take this. Nothing in this life is worth taking unnatural amounts of stress an pressure over, nothing. If something is making you miserable or unhappy change it before it changes you and or hurts or scares the crap outa your family and loved ones like it just did mine.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” ~ Jesus (it's not religeon - it's deliverance and freedom)

God bless you and yours.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dunn well said

sae2110

sae2110

Awards
Sorry to hear that man. Normal Cardiac cath is always good, do you know uf the Troponin or CK was elevated? I would assume an elevated CK due to lifting, but Troponin is cardiac-specific. These are the enzymes from the bloodwork btw. I have admitted two men for acute MI's in the last year who were on cycle, one o them had a similar prognosis/diagnosis as you, the other we think was abusing the hell out of his cycle and drinking 2 bottles of Jack Daniels a day (f***ing crazy that guy).

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
yeah those cardiac cath's are wonderful aren't they? I had 1 done while in the ICU, then they left it in for almost a week to monitor the heart with it....had 1-2 more after that in the next year....and the last one? they did in the fuqin neck not the groin area like the others. whats worse? I waited all day and the cardiologist was leaving (at 6PM) so he had to rush it....gave me a local on my neck, but didn't give me anything to put me under....I was like really? he said I was a tough guy and I could handle it....nothing worse than feeling this going on and being fully conscious....sticking a needle in your neck and a probe right after it :D.....Amazingly? my ejection fraction was around 10%, and had been for a while...never had a heart attack though, they were amazed....said anybody else would have had one weeks or months earlier with those #'s.....Like you said I just took it easier for the next 5 years, not much heavy lifting....just lighter / medium weights, and an easier tip job where you can make 20-30 bucks an hour and work half the hours you usually would. Good idea there.....I just used healthy supps during that period, no PH's or AAS.....just now started messing with PH's and the like again after 6 years since I have normalized at this point.....Good you posted it here, these guys need to see stuff like this whether they like it or not.......

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Personally, that sort of wake-up call for me would have me considering how I spend every minute of my time. When I am on my death bed I can promise you the status of my physique will be the farhest thing from my mind. The hours invested in my physique will be a waste as my body will return to the dust from which it came. I chose today to invest in things that transcend this moment - building a legacy for my children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren.Been there done that. I have accepted a salary making 10% less gross but a 25% less investment of my time. There is a joy that has returned to my life, my spirit and my family as a result. I am now able to invest those wasted hours of my bride and princess and other men who are struggling to make sense of this same thing and the challenge to put in order and priority the things that you and I have discovered.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." ~ Jesus (it's not religeon - it's deliverance and freedom)

God bless you and yours.
Good words. The reason I brought the cycle into question is only because I'm deep into one and don't really disturb my bodies hormone levels as I recover from what just happened, thinking that pct may not be the best jump now as my body recovers from the stress it jus experienced . If I was not ON when this occurred there wouldn't even be question of this as a cycle would be completely out of the question and I can see how initially it came across as vain. My body has taken to the test extremely well and my thought was to maintain my cycle through my recovery process and ride it out. My physique is not as much a concern as my overall health but my fitness routine and diet I do believe is still extremely important in this case, being on a cycle currently is also relevant to all of these factors. Mention of another cycle this summer if inwere to hault this one was just thinking out loud for the most part. Any mention of change to my physique as result of whats occurred I post just as part of what ive experienced.

MDiocre

MDiocre

Awards
Sorry to hear about this, you are very young for this. At least it was a "mini" MI and youre alive. Doesnt sound like there was any permanent damage to the myocardium, which is very important with regard to arrhythmia and future cardiac output.

A normal echo would defnitely appease the said major mechanism through which AAS efff with the heart (dilation/hypertrophy).

This is prolly a hard question for you to know for sure, but how has your blood pressure been in recent years or months? Any specific numbers? (and im not talking about your BP during the MI) The reason I ask is because if stress is involved, hypertension is a mechanism by which vascular and/or heart damage can ensue. Im sure you already spoke about BP with the docs, since hypertension alone (non stress induced) can be a risk factor and is always checked for.

I agree with your thoughts that no matter what you should be careful, especially in the next few months. The cardiologists that helped you are the best you or I can get in an overall assessment of "is my heart ok?", and it is great that their final prognosis is so optimistic. That said, you, me, cardiologists and all other mortals cannot say for sure that your test use did not somehow contribute to this event. If it hasnt been proven clinically, then it is not taught to med students and physicians. Needless to say, AAS are very underresearched and so the knowledge that mosts physicians have on them is consequently limited. Theres a myriad of indirect ways that messing with hormone levels could come back to your heart. Maybe it only partially contributed, maybe all the holes just lined up perfectly on one day.... Ok im rambling.

Point is, cardiologists saying your heart is good, is in fact wonderful news. But take this in the context of the little knowledge we have on AAS, and dont treat it as a golden ticket to snort some yohimbine before you hammer red bulls while cycling superdrol and test. Take it easy for a while, and make some permanent changes as you see fit. It looks like you are already heading in this direction, so hang in there! Good luck.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that man. Normal Cardiac cath is always good, do you know uf the Troponin or CK was elevated? I would assume an elevated CK due to lifting, but Troponin is cardiac-specific. These are the enzymes from the bloodwork btw. I have admitted two men for acute MI's in the last year who were on cycle, one o them had a similar prognosis/diagnosis as you, the other we think was abusing the hell out of his cycle and drinking 2 bottles of Jack Daniels a day (f***ing crazy that guy).
They said my heart released enzymes that gave a heart attack reading and thus the reason they did the cath. But found no blockage.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
They said my heart released enzymes that gave a heart attack reading and thus the reason they did the cath. But found no blockage.
yep, that is how they know if you had a heart attack or not. These enzymes were not present in my case, and I was like how did they KNOW I did not have a heart attack....this was the answer I got. pretty interesting how they figure these things out. I got a cath anyways since they thought I had a blockage too LOL....

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
To be honest I don't even feel like continuing this cycle right now since my muscle mass goals are unimportant I just don't wanna screw with my hormone levels via PCT right now and possibly risk a disruption that will cause stress or any side effects thatll make my recovery more difficult. What the cardiologist told me in reference to the condition of my heart gave me some faith and I'm convinced it was stressed induced but I can't ignore that part of me that knows as well as has been pointed out earlier in this thread that AAS knowledge around the medical community is pretty uniformed when it comes to things such as this. Either way I'm I the middle of the game already and have to roll the dice. I have no choice I have one of two paths I have to take with this and I have to decide soon. Postpone pct by sticking the program through till the end and pct in better health when the cycle is through or pct now and see what happens while i recover this next week. Neither sound very appealing at this juncture but it's one or the other regardless

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I lean towards the logic of not stressing your body with the hormonal flip-flop right now, its fine if you aren't training at all right now, what matters is your health and recovery, yer a cool bro and I know I'd like to see ya around here for the long-term.

ManBeast

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
not that anything is "good to take" right now....but depends on what your cycling....as to whether or not to finish or do PCT....personally? I would LOVED to have started some PCT instead of being in the hospital (where they are not interested in anything PCT related)....I did not have a choice though since I was in there for a week or two being probed and prodded. I'd just do PCT and be done with it, but I'm curious as to what you were on exactly....

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I think he's just on some test.

ManBeast

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I think he's just on some test.

ManBeast
thats what I thought....he'd probably be OK just tapering it down to moderate doses and then running a PCT....his heart is in good shape all things considered, but he DID have a heart attack.....I did test when my heart was about half of his ejection fraction....but that was a super stupid decision of course....or he could just get it over with and run the PCT. don't see a problem either way. I think a PCT will be of more help than harm....better to have normal hormone levels than hormones in the shytter. Not sure the PCT would be of any harm at all.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
not that anything is "good to take" right now....but depends on what your cycling....as to whether or not to finish or do PCT....personally? I would LOVED to have started some PCT instead of being in the hospital (where they are not interested in anything PCT related)....I did not have a choice though since I was in there for a week or two being probed and prodded. I'd just do PCT and be done with it, but I'm curious as to what you were on exactly....
500 mg wk test-e
I had started Arimidex eod at .25mg the previous week but cut it out last Tuesday and was going to extend the dosage out further like e3d or longer to get the dosage dialed in perfect to reduce bloating.
protein
Creatine mono 10mg day
Other then that just multi vit/mineral , fish oil , joint complex And B 12

No PWO supps.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
yeah why bother then? if you're not even concerned with finishing off the cycle or getting anything further from it.....just do the PCT and be done with it.
My concern was messing with my hormones levels at this time by going through pct as I mentioned a couple times before

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
My concern was messing with my hormones levels at this time by going through pct as I mentioned a couple times before
Your hormones are gonna be seriously out of whack with no PCT....with PCT they will be stabilized to normal (hopefully).....not sure how that is bad? the 500mg of test will cause your hormone levels to be majorly out of whack (obviously). so PCT = good thing...... 500mg test = bad thing. unless you were intent on finishing, then that is a different story....your risk/call there. but no PCT? doesn't make sense in any way....

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Your hormones are gonna be seriously out of whack with no PCT....with PCT they will be stabilized to normal (hopefully).....not sure how that is bad? the 500mg of test will cause your hormone levels to be majorly out of whack (obviously). so PCT = good thing...... 500mg test = bad thing. unless you were intent on finishing, then that is a different story....your risk/call there. but no PCT? doesn't make sense in any way....
I don't see anywhere that I mentioned no pct. My contemplation was between cutting the cycle short and beginning pct now thus changing the hormonal path that I've been on the last 9 weeks and taking that risk OR finishing out the cycle and keep things as they are through my recovery and taking that risk. At no time have I mentioned what you're referring too.
Another example of mis communication drawing a topic off base.
Seeing that my blood work is great , my heart was clear and the whole thing seemed to be brought upon by stress related issues And the cardiologist said testosterone injections were not a factor, im leaning towards thinking that continuing the path I'm currently on with my cycle may be a better course of action rather then dropping the test , starting pct and let my body try to recover from cycle in a already weakened state.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I don't see anywhere that I mentioned no pct. My contemplation was between cutting the cycle short and beginning pct now thus changing the hormonal path that I've been on the last 9 weeks and taking that risk OR finishing out the cycle and keep things as they are through my recovery and taking that risk. At no time have I mentioned what you're referring too.
Another example of mis communication drawing a topic off base.
Seeing that my blood work is great , my heart was clear and the whole thing seemed to be brought upon by stress related issues And the cardiologist said testosterone injections were not a factor, im leaning towards thinking that continuing the path I'm currently on with my cycle may be a better course of action rather then dropping the test , starting pct and let my body try to recover from cycle in a already weakened state.
well since you want to be a total dickhead, I won't comment further on any of your posts. good luck.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
he's not being a dick warbird, i honestly think you two had a miscommunication :D

ManBeast

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
he's not being a dick warbird, i honestly think you two had a miscommunication :D

ManBeast
no....he was being a dick...totally. I suggest tapering the test down into PCT....so his "hormones don't fluctuate" as he is concerned with for some reason?....then that is not good for him.....so I suggest just do the damn PCT and normalize yourself....again not good enough, I am "taking it off topic" suggesting that. so he then decides to run 500mg of test for another month or so and figures that is the smart thing for him to do, that will "normalize" his hormones post-heart attack. can't fix stupid, all I got to say....thats it.....

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
The man just had a heart attack, maybe he's just a bit edgy and nervous about this stuff, lemme overnight you some slack so you can cut him some :D

ManBeast

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For those interested here are my bloodwork levels which the cardiologist was actually impressed by with the exception of my HDL which was low but said to start drinking more grape juice and it'll bring it right up.

Total cholesterol : 89 (goal is less then 160mg per dl)
LDL : 49 ( goal is less then 70 mg per dl)
HDL: 25 ( goal is greater then 60mg per dl)
Triglycerides: 73 ( goal is less then 150 mg per dl)
My ejection fraction: 50-55% ( normal is 55% or higher )
There is a new school of thought out there that extremely low cholesterol may be counter productive to cardiac health. Yours is insanely low. There are new standards that suggest that 180-200 is optimum (of course depending upon the ratio) and that less than 160 may undesireable. Fact is they change and no one is certain.

Here is an interesting article regarding cholesterol as an indicator of heart attack risk:
http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2006/may2006_report_heart_01.htm?********search&key=low cholesterol

Also consider the following:

Testosterone Synthesis Pathway

Testosterone, like all steroid hormones, is produced from the precursor molecule cholesterol, a fatty substance derived from the foods you eat, such as red meat, cheese and eggs. In the synthesis of testosterone, cholesterol is turned into testosterone via a complex biosynthetic pathway that includes several intermediate molecules. These intermediates also can be used in your body to perform other functions. For example, the steroid synthesis pathway that produces testosterone also can produce female sex hormones, the stress hormone cortisol and the fluid regulation hormone aldosterone, if the correct enzymes are present.

What I also find very interesting, or maybe disturbing, is that your cardiologist stated that by simply drinking more grape juice it will bring your HDL up. Seriously? There is an entire supplement and pharmacuetical industry that has been working on developing substances that elevate HDL and all along all we needed to do was drink some more grape juice?

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
well since you want to be a total dickhead, I won't comment further on any of your posts. good luck.
I wasn't being a dik, your first sentence In Your reply said my hormones would be outa wack without pct. no sht . I never planned on going without pct. You saying that lead me to believe you were just making an opinionated response towards something I hadn't even mentioned doing. Maybe re read and youll see why I got that impression.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
There is a new school of thought out there that extremely low cholesterol may be counter productive to cardiac health. Yours is insanely low. There are new standards that suggest that 180-200 is optimum (of course depending upon the ratio) and that less than 160 may undesireable. Fact is they change and no one is certain.

Here is an interesting article regarding cholesterol as an indicator of heart attack risk:
http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2006/may2006_report_heart_01.htm?********search&key=low%20cholesterol

Testosterone, like all steroid hormones, is produced from the precursor molecule cholesterol, a fatty substance derived from the foods you eat, such as red meat, cheese and eggs. In the synthesis of testosterone, cholesterol is turned into testosterone via a complex biosynthetic pathway that includes several intermediate molecules. These intermediates also can be used in your body to perform other functions. For example, the steroid synthesis pathway that produces testosterone also can produce female sex hormones, the stress hormone cortisol and the fluid regulation hormone aldosterone, if the correct enzymes are present.

What I also find very interesting, or maybe disturbing, is that your cardiologist stated that by simply drinking more grape juice it will bring your HDL up. Seriously? There is an entire supplement and pharmacuetical industry that has been working on developing substances that elevate HDL and all along all we needed to do was drink some more grape juice?
I thought the grape juice thing was a wildly simple fix to that too but coming from a "reputable" cardiologist I thought id look into it. I think this experience just goes to show how much a slippery slope this lifestyle cam become once other health issues come into play. Get stuck between those with medical background and little or no AAS knowledge and those with experience but no medical background.

So could my diet is too clean of cholesterol and fatty foods?

Every "study" or "professional opinion" and so on always has a dozen others that contradict it. After awhile you get so wrapped up in the bullsht that it's hard to put faith or belief in any of it. It's crazy , the other morning driving to work they had people on the radio saying it was good for people to eat shtty food I'm the morning so chow that pizza and Chinese food and fried chicken in the AM and you'll be fine. Wtf?!

MDiocre

MDiocre

Awards
Every "study" or "professional opinion" and so on always has a dozen others that contradict it. After awhile you get so wrapped up in the bullsht that it's hard to put faith or belief in any of it. It's crazy , the other morning driving to work they had people on the radio saying it was good for people to eat shtty food I'm the morning so chow that pizza and Chinese food and fried chicken in the AM and you'll be fine. Wtf?!
Haha, yes, I know what you mean... It doesnt mean you shouldnt consider the advice of an "expert" in whatever field, but its almost impossible to be sure about anything. And yes, its like we've come full circle in so many topics. Things that were once good are now bad, and vice versa. People dont care about the contradiction of new news with old news, just as long as theyre continually spoonfed with the latest theory. The result on me is a numbing skepticism of everything. Take things with a grain of salt, and exercise your judgement after youve gathered as much info as you can. I think thats the best any of us can do.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that man, the great news is that it was mild. My uncle had heart attack symptoms and I took him to the ER. They said it was an anxiety attack even though he did not feel anxious. It could have triggered a heart attack.

You could drop your test to TRT dose if you don't want to PCT at the time.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that man, the great news is that it was mild. My uncle had heart attack symptoms and I took him to the ER. They said it was an anxiety attack even though he did not feel anxious. It could have triggered a heart attack.

You could drop your test to TRT dose if you don't want to PCT at the time.
Yeah I've decided to just taper it down then pct on schedule

tuberman

Awards
  • Established

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2006/may2006_report_heart_01.htm?********search&key=low cholesterol

David,

The new school believes that LDL size is what matters:
Big fluffy LDL = Good
Small LDL = Bad and does damage
Ultra low LDL is not a good thing in this theory, as you need some to keep hormone levels up to snuff as you said.
HDL is better to have big size too, but overall higher is better and 25 is very low.

You need special blood work to show size of LDL and HDL and top cardio docs will get these tests.

This theory is being followed by some of the top cardio docs, but not totally accepted yet.

There is a huge difference between the typical cardio docs and the ones that stay up with the state of the art and really care about their patients. The good ones can find answers to causes that the typical cardio docs don't even look into.

Read the article you posted, and this is the theory I'm talking about -- considered very important besides the size of LDL and HDL is Triglycerides and LP(a) as major markers for problems as stated at the end of the article. There are many cardio docs who still disagree with this, but I think it's going to supplant the old testing.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
sorry to hear mike. praying for health and recovery. gl and keep sane, I know and understand those near death experiences can make you really think sometimes to much. :)

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this is some scary stuff at such a young age. at least you know that it wasn't steroid related,meaning that you didn't to it to yourself.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sorry to hear about that man...
Shows no1 is safe.

What type of work r u doing now?

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
Just a thought, you could get a second opinion from someone with aas experience AND medical background by seeing a doctor at a trt/hrt office...that's what I would do. Glad to gear you're ok though.

lifthardheavy

Awards
David,

The new school believes that LDL size is what matters:
Big fluffy LDL = Good
Small LDL = Bad and does damage
Ultra low LDL is not a good thing in this theory, as you need some to keep hormone levels up to snuff as you said.
HDL is better to have big size too, but overall higher is better and 25 is very low.

You need special blood work to show size of LDL and HDL and top cardio docs will get these tests.
His HDL of 25 is low because his LDL is low. When your LDL is really low, your body just doesn't need as much HDL as it would otherwise, so your liver won't produce a lot of HDL. It will be very hard for him to raise his HDL significantly while keeping his LDL low; they tend to move in lockstep.

The cholesterol test you're talking about is called the VAP test, and you don't need a "top cardio doc" to order it. Any doc can order it if he thinks it's necessary. You can even order it from privatemdlabs or anylabtestnow and pay out of pocket.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
His HDL of 25 is low because his LDL is low. When your LDL is really low, your body just doesn't need as much HDL as it would otherwise, so your liver won't produce a lot of HDL. It will be very hard for him to raise his HDL significantly while keeping his LDL low; they tend to move in lockstep.

The cholesterol test you're talking about is called the VAP test, and you don't need a "top cardio doc" to order it. Any doc can order it if he thinks it's necessary. You can even order it from privatemdlabs or anylabtestnow and pay out of pocket.
So is it ideal to have higher of both? Could a diet be too clean resulting in numbers that low you think? I get a crap load of omega 3s, olive oil with everything , avacados daily (10 for $10 at Kroger btw!). Not suprised my LDL is that low though considering I only eat red meat once a week if that, no fried foods ever except the occasional BW3 run maybe once every couple months. Almost never eat out at resteraunts and can't stand greasy salty food cus it makes me feel like crap always has. Thinking maybe I should make the occasional white castle run now! Only greasy burgers I love and they have sweet potato fries now! ;-)

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
damn bro im sorry that happened to you,\i wish you the best of luck in recovering bro

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
damn bro im sorry that happened to you,\i wish you the best of luck in recovering bro
Thanx bro appreciate it, I'm already taking the steps I need to overcome this bump in the road. Should be back in full force before I know it ;-)

pigpen75

pigpen75

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Take care yourself bro n i hope the drugs ur shooting up are legit; i bartend during the summer and i love it! A whole lot of fun, but not healthy for me; i actually teach during the year so that helps keep me straight n fit. Good luck w all this!

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
So today was first day back in the gym and I'm here to say fuk a heart attack! Was a bit uneasy goin to the gym but felt good. Started with alil 15 minute elipitical warmup to get my heart rate up and see how I felt. All good there so I decided to do chest. Went alil lighter on the weights but I got through it, just took longer (2-3 minutes) breaks between sets. And entire workout went over 2 hours opposed to 1- 1 1/2 .Started with bench the went to DBs for some light sets and then machines.

Bench suprised me considering what I just been through but I got this down
Flat
135 warmup x 15
185x12
225x10
275x8
245x8
225x10

Incline
185x12
205x10
225x8
185x8

Decline
185x12
225x10
225x8
185x8 and a drop set of 135x8

I was expecting much worse numbers. Was a good feeling

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
I had a heart attack in 2010. Right artery 99% blocked=new stint= all better now. Basically genetic, not a bad diet or extended AAS use. My cholesterol profile was very bad, however, so the doc put me on a statin. After reading all the negative press on statins, and all the positive press on Niacin therapy, I said goodbye to the statin, and only take 2,000mg a day of Niacin. My docotor isnt happy, but nobody is getting a kickback from me buying Niacin at the grocery store. In a few months, I will get a HDL/LDL test to see where I stand.Worst part of the post heart attack? PLAVIX!!! You can bleed out if you cut yourself shaving..................................

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I had a heart attack in 2010. Right artery 99% blocked=new stint= all better now. Basically genetic, not a bad diet or extended AAS use. My cholesterol profile was very bad, however, so the doc put me on a statin. After reading all the negative press on statins, and all the positive press on Niacin therapy, I said goodbye to the statin, and only take 2,000mg a day of Niacin. My docotor isnt happy, but nobody is getting a kickback from me buying Niacin at the grocery store. In a few months, I will get a HDL/LDL test to see where I stand.Worst part of the post heart attack? PLAVIX!!! You can bleed out if you cut yourself shaving..................................
Yeah that's what the doc gave me to take . Pravastatin. Said it was cholesterol med. when I asked why it was necessary cus my cholesterol was crazy low he told me to use as a blood thinner. I've been taking it at night for a week now. I'm gonna look up the bad sides bit what have you found on it?

sae2110

sae2110

Awards
Yeah that's what the doc gave me to take . Pravastatin. Said it was cholesterol med. when I asked why it was necessary cus my cholesterol was crazy low he told me to use as a blood thinner. I've been taking it at night for a week now. I'm gonna look up the bad sides bit what have you found on it?
Pravastatin as a blood thinner? I dont think so, unless they are being weird an thinking of decreased platelet production secondary to liver suppression, but that is inappropriate, why not baby aspirin daily or plavix? Sounds fishy man.

pigpen75

pigpen75

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This thread is freaking me out! I swear i just took some aspirin cuz I've been feeling pains on my right side!