Had a heart attack saturday :-(

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    David,

The new school believes that LDL size is what matters:
    Big fluffy LDL = Good
    Small LDL = Bad and does damage
    Ultra low LDL is not a good thing in this theory, as you need some to keep hormone levels up to snuff as you said.
    HDL is better to have big size too, but overall higher is better and 25 is very low.

You need special blood work to show size of LDL and HDL and top cardio docs will get these tests.
    His HDL of 25 is low because his LDL is low. When your LDL is really low, your body just doesn't need as much HDL as it would otherwise, so your liver won't produce a lot of HDL. It will be very hard for him to raise his HDL significantly while keeping his LDL low; they tend to move in lockstep.

The cholesterol test you're talking about is called the VAP test, and you don't need a "top cardio doc" to order it. Any doc can order it if he thinks it's necessary. You can even order it from privatemdlabs or anylabtestnow and pay out of pocket.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by lifthardheavy

His HDL of 25 is low because his LDL is low. When your LDL is really low, your body just doesn't need as much HDL as it would otherwise, so your liver won't produce a lot of HDL. It will be very hard for him to raise his HDL significantly while keeping his LDL low; they tend to move in lockstep.

The cholesterol test you're talking about is called the VAP test, and you don't need a "top cardio doc" to order it. Any doc can order it if he thinks it's necessary. You can even order it from privatemdlabs or anylabtestnow and pay out of pocket.
    So is it ideal to have higher of both? Could a diet be too clean resulting in numbers that low you think? I get a crap load of omega 3s, olive oil with everything , avacados daily (10 for $10 at Kroger btw!). Not suprised my LDL is that low though considering I only eat red meat once a week if that, no fried foods ever except the occasional BW3 run maybe once every couple months. Almost never eat out at resteraunts and can't stand greasy salty food cus it makes me feel like crap always has. Thinking maybe I should make the occasional white castle run now! Only greasy burgers I love and they have sweet potato fries now! ;-)
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  217 lbs.

damn bro im sorry that happened to you,\i wish you the best of luck in recovering bro
    OEF '11-'12

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you didn't put in.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Masciaman
    damn bro im sorry that happened to you,\i wish you the best of luck in recovering bro
    Thanx bro appreciate it, I'm already taking the steps I need to overcome this bump in the road. Should be back in full force before I know it ;-)
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.

Take care yourself bro n i hope the drugs ur shooting up are legit; i bartend during the summer and i love it! A whole lot of fun, but not healthy for me; i actually teach during the year so that helps keep me straight n fit. Good luck w all this!
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

So today was first day back in the gym and I'm here to say fuk a heart attack! Was a bit uneasy goin to the gym but felt good. Started with alil 15 minute elipitical warmup to get my heart rate up and see how I felt. All good there so I decided to do chest. Went alil lighter on the weights but I got through it, just took longer (2-3 minutes) breaks between sets. And entire workout went over 2 hours opposed to 1- 1 1/2 .Started with bench the went to DBs for some light sets and then machines.

Bench suprised me considering what I just been through but I got this down
    Flat
    135 warmup x 15
    185x12
    225x10
    275x8
    245x8
    225x10

Incline
    185x12
    205x10
    225x8
    185x8

Decline
    185x12
    225x10
    225x8
    185x8 and a drop set of 135x8

I was expecting much worse numbers. Was a good feeling
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.

I had a heart attack in 2010. Right artery 99% blocked=new stint= all better now. Basically genetic, not a bad diet or extended AAS use. My cholesterol profile was very bad, however, so the doc put me on a statin. After reading all the negative press on statins, and all the positive press on Niacin therapy, I said goodbye to the statin, and only take 2,000mg a day of Niacin. My docotor isnt happy, but nobody is getting a kickback from me buying Niacin at the grocery store. In a few months, I will get a HDL/LDL test to see where I stand.Worst part of the post heart attack? PLAVIX!!! You can bleed out if you cut yourself shaving....................... ...........
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Presa
    I had a heart attack in 2010. Right artery 99% blocked=new stint= all better now. Basically genetic, not a bad diet or extended AAS use. My cholesterol profile was very bad, however, so the doc put me on a statin. After reading all the negative press on statins, and all the positive press on Niacin therapy, I said goodbye to the statin, and only take 2,000mg a day of Niacin. My docotor isnt happy, but nobody is getting a kickback from me buying Niacin at the grocery store. In a few months, I will get a HDL/LDL test to see where I stand.Worst part of the post heart attack? PLAVIX!!! You can bleed out if you cut yourself shaving....................... ...........
    Yeah that's what the doc gave me to take . Pravastatin. Said it was cholesterol med. when I asked why it was necessary cus my cholesterol was crazy low he told me to use as a blood thinner. I've been taking it at night for a week now. I'm gonna look up the bad sides bit what have you found on it?
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313

Yeah that's what the doc gave me to take . Pravastatin. Said it was cholesterol med. when I asked why it was necessary cus my cholesterol was crazy low he told me to use as a blood thinner. I've been taking it at night for a week now. I'm gonna look up the bad sides bit what have you found on it?
    Pravastatin as a blood thinner? I dont think so, unless they are being weird an thinking of decreased platelet production secondary to liver suppression, but that is inappropriate, why not baby aspirin daily or plavix? Sounds fishy man.
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html
  10. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.

This thread is freaking me out! I swear i just took some aspirin cuz I've been feeling pains on my right side!
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sae2110

Pravastatin as a blood thinner? I dont think so, unless they are being weird an thinking of decreased platelet production secondary to liver suppression, but that is inappropriate, why not baby aspirin daily or plavix? Sounds fishy man.
    My wife just told me I misunderstood what the doc said. Not as a blood thinner it's to help the blood pump through my heart faster. They said that although my cholesterol was lower then anyone theyve ever seen my blood was moving through my body as someones with high cholesterol would. He also prescribed baby asparin to take once a day.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen75
    This thread is freaking me out! I swear i just took some aspirin cuz I've been feeling pains on my right side!
    Oh chill out., it wouldn't be your right side either. Your imagination must be on your right side lol. Your heart is in the center/left but you'd feel pain through your left side or up through your kneck as well as upper abdomin like I did along with a weighted burning feeling I the center of your chest like the worst heartburn you've ever had with a elbow pinning in you down mid chest.
  13. New Member

Holy sh** mate, glad to hear we didnt lose another BBer at such a young age.

Hope your recoverin ok!

i'd reevaluate every last choice including spending time with those you need to spend time with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Level9Germ View Post
    Common bro why would u take d Bol just take plain steroids if ur gonna do it since first place
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313

My wife just told me I misunderstood what the doc said. Not as a blood thinner it's to help the blood pump through my heart faster. They said that although my cholesterol was lower then anyone theyve ever seen my blood was moving through my body as someones with high cholesterol would. He also prescribed baby asparin to take once a day.
    Good to hear, that makes more sense, though I have heard that statins can give you bad muscle aches (which indicate a need to stop taking them) I dont know if this is exacerbated by heavy lifting though, something to mention to the docs
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html
  15. New Member

Good to hear you are okay. I do think much of what happens to us is a cause of mental anguish and outside stresses. What's funny is I bartender for 7 years and I feel your pain!!!! I leave the job I have now every day like why the **** am
    I here--I don't need This Incan make this in 2 solid nights at THe bar. Gross over 50k in straight cash untaxed if you can. I'm looking for a new job or I'm afraid by 27 I'll have a heart attack! Be safe and god bless
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mtb2005
    Good to hear you are okay. I do think much of what happens to us is a cause of mental anguish and outside stresses. What's funny is I bartender for 7 years and I feel your pain!!!! I leave the job I have now every day like why the **** am
    I here--I don't need This Incan make this in 2 solid nights at THe bar. Gross over 50k in straight cash untaxed if you can. I'm looking for a new job or I'm afraid by 27 I'll have a heart attack! Be safe and god bless
    We're on the same page bro.
  17. New Member

Bar tended last night --first night back In a while-made more than half what I get in a week at my other job! FmL lol
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mtb2005
    Bar tended last night --first night back In a while-made more than half what I get in a week at my other job! FmL lol
    Yeah I'm gonna be looking staring this week. Don't wanna return to my miserable job after my recovery.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Heart attack grill
    By JudoJosh in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-21-2012, 03:27 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 01:16 PM
  3. Silent Heart Attack Steroids?
    By luclyluciano in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 06:45 PM