anti inflammatories and body building?????

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I have injury caused arthritis in my wrist and shoulder,, also recurring tendonitis in my elbow,,, I've read that taking anti inflamatories will inhibit gains,,, any truth to this..... fyi, I take meloxicam

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
not sure honestly, sorry man.

MuscleMD

MuscleMD

Awards
Not sure about inhibiting gains. When I lift heavy I get tendinitis as well. I use topical NSAIDS like voltaren. Really effective and less gastrointestinal side effects.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
There was a recent thread under supplements I think and someone posted a link to an article citing research (i did not see the research) that found ibuprofen to be anabolic. I will try to find the article.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Even if NSAIDs do inhibit gains I highly doubt it would be to any degree that would be noticeable to the average population in any manner.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Even if NSAIDs do inhibit gains I highly doubt it would be to any degree that would be noticeable to the average population in any manner.
I read something about the inflammation caused by working out triggers growth,, not really sure to be honest,,,

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read something about the inflammation caused by working out triggers growth,, not really sure to be honest,,,

Not saying it isn't or can't be true. Just that if it does it would be to such a small amount as not to be discernible

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Not saying it isn't or can't be true. Just that if it does it would be to such a small amount as not to be discernible
Given the amount of test and tren coupled with an excessive amount of protein daily, I'm inclined to agree,,, :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol