AAS Build Mass NOT Aggression

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Steroids build muscle mass, not aggression new study says

July 3, 1996

From Correspondent Aileen Pincus

WASHINGTON (CNN)--The underground market for illegal steroids, such as testosterone, continues to be a problem, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. A recent study confirmed what many who use steroids have suspected for years: they work.

Building muscles takes hard work. For years, some athletes have turned to illegal steroids to give them the strength and muscle size exercise alone didn't provide.

Dr. Wayne Bardin of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md. says the latest research, which placed 43 men on large doses of testosterone over a ten week period, provides conclusive results.

"If you give men more testosterone, their muscles will grow, but they don't get any more aggressive than they already are," he said.

The study published in the July New England Journal of Medicine could have major implications for the treatment of those who lose muscle mass, such as people with AIDS or the elderly.

"In older men, testosterone declines as a group, and people have attributed the frailty of aging to declining testosterone levels," said Dr. Shalender Bhasin from the Drew University of Medicine and Science.

Dr. Bhasin also says the study proves those on testosterone showed no change in mood or behavior.

"Testosterone effects on angry behavior or aggression, if there are any effects on humans, are greatly constrained and so they don't become manifest, so it's unlikely that testosterone would turn humans into beasts so to speak," he said.

The findings may even reach into space, where scientists have long searched for a way to counter the effects of gravity on muscle mass in astronauts.

Scientists say this study does not justify the use of illegal steroids. The study lasted for just ten weeks, and there is still much that is not known about the long-term effects of steroids.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
HOLY CRAP, the general public is finally catching on that AAS works and there is no such thing as ROID RAGE...(geez, I hate laywers sometimes) damn what is next, EVERYONE will finally believe that we DID land people on the moon.

crazypete

Awards
kind of wierd how this is happening. men's health had an article on steroids in the newest issue which while cautious, doesn't immediately assume steroids are all bad. could it be that people are ready to change? probably not. although it would be nice,

cheers, pete

Bone

Awards
Hell Ya!!! Just cause Im in a bad mood, doesnt mean its the gear!!! :rolleyes:

Peace

Bone

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Its been a long time since I did a cycle but AAS always made me feel a lot better, I would even say happy and cheerful. Maybe other people have had the same response.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Well viking I don't think you are the only one to feel that way. From a lot of accounts I have read, a large number of the AAS users do feel overall good.

size

Awards
  • Established
I was reading a study in which to groups were given weekly injections of 2cc of oil. The group A received only sterile oil and group B received 500mg of test cyp. After i beleive 10 weeks, group A(only oil) showed more signs of aggressive behvior than group B (actual test). Study concluded that many of the rage associated with anabolic usaage was from placebo effects.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I was reading a study in which to groups were given weekly injections of 2cc of oil. The group A received only sterile oil and group B received 500mg of test cyp. After i beleive 10 weeks, group A(only oil) showed more signs of aggressive behvior than group B (actual test). Study concluded that many of the rage associated with anabolic usaage was from placebo effects.
Actually I'd be pretty pissed,and aggressive, if I was getting shot up and not getting no test with it.