Preventative Hair Loss While on Cycle

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
2 questions:

1.)Will using anti-DHT topicals like Nizoral and Propecia on cycle hurt any gains from 4AD or 1test? What about Oral DHT blockers?

2.)Does anyone have a like to Dio's (from BB.com)post about hair loss? I was over there searching for a while I cant find it.

I dont know if Im prone to it, just want to take precautions...

Thanks!
BigV

labrad

Awards
  • Established
I think Dio has a thread over here about hair or you could pm him. He is definitely the one to talk to.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Its been established, thanks to Dio, that Avodart does nothing for harloss prevention when using 1-Test....

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Topicals definitely won't inhibit your gains. Oral DHT blockers might, but most people report they don't.

I always take saw palmetto on cycle just as a precaution though (mostly for my prostate)

Dio

Awards
2 questions:

1.)Will using anti-DHT topicals like Nizoral and Propecia on cycle hurt any gains from 4AD or 1test? What about Oral DHT blockers?

2.)Does anyone have a like to Dio's (from BB.com)post about hair loss? I was over there searching for a while I cant find it.

I dont know if Im prone to it, just want to take precautions...

Thanks!
BigV
AS Pogue said topicals will not inhibit gains and most orals will not as well. The only oral DHT inhibitor that we know works for sure is finasteride, so if you're going that route it should be your first choice.

I have several threads over at bb.com, so I'm not sure which you refer to. If you're more specific about it maybe I can help you find it.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
The only oral DHT inhibitor you know that works is Finesteride? Do you mean proven to grow hair or inhibit DHT? Because if its the latter then your wrong. Avodart is superior to Proscar in it's inhibition of DHT. And if you believe that Proscar grows hair by blocking DHT; would not a stronger blockage of DHT give you better results?

Dio

Awards
You are correct, but Avodart is not approved for use for hair loss yet, so it might be more difficult to obtain. On top of that, as I mentioned previously, I have some major concerns about sides.

Stronger blockage might give better results, but it would probably give more sides. Don't forget DHT serves a purpose in your body, getting rid of most of it permanently is probably a bad idea.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the responses guys - I see Dio started a new thread just for this topic(thanks), so Im moving my q's there...

BigVrunga