Newbie question about Creatine

loCarbJ

Awards
I am wondering how much and when to take creatine? I am an endurance cyclist, endurance mountain biker, short distance runner (max 12k) and martial arts fighter. I lift weights 3x per week (45min-60 each), and do an Ab's-specific workout 2x per week (30 min each). I also do (and teach) a spin class 3x per week (30-60min each). Weekends are usually metric century rides, runs and mountain biking (and an occassional triathlon).

J.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I am wondering how much and when to take creatine? I am an endurance cyclist, endurance mountain biker, short distance runner (max 12k) and martial arts fighter. I lift weights 3x per week (45min-60 each), and do an Ab's-specific workout 2x per week (30 min each). I also do (and teach) a spin class 3x per week (30-60min each). Weekends are usually metric century rides, runs and mountain biking (and an occassional triathlon).

J.
Depends on what type of creatine. Regular monohydrate is usually 5-10 grams per day depending on body weight and individual response. I do ten divided up pre and post workout so it'll be hitting high blood levels when I need it the most.

Creatine Ethyl Ester is 3 grams a day and apparently doesn't matter when you take it. I have no idea what tri malate dosing is.