solution crashed.. damnit

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
i'm homebrewing some 1-t cyp and 4 ad cyp. the 4ad went perfectly, went into solution stably at 5%ba and 5%bb at 250mg/ml 40ml. The 1test cyp is proving to be a bitch. ive done the whole hot water bath/shake thing twice. next i added 2ml more BB to it to help it hold. It still isn't staying in solution. The weird thing is the whole thing crystallized. none of it will even move. it's like its supersaturated. but now its down to around 225mg/ml, which isnt crazy with ~4ml BB, 2ml BA at a touch over 40ml of solution, right?

i guess i'm asking what to do next, as i'm out of ideas and don't want this crystallizing in my glute soon as i inject it.

growmore

Board Supporter
Awards
Since BB works especially well for cyp esters, I'd try adding 2-2.5 more ml of that and re-heating. BB is also fairly painless for most people at pretty high concentration. Assuming you used 10g 1test cyp, at 44 ml total volume you'd be close to 227mg/ml. This would put you at about 4.5%BA and around 13.5%BB.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
nope, crystallized again. i'll up the oil percentage to bring it down to 200 mg/ml

growmore

Board Supporter
Awards
Good Luck! I'd like to hear what your final concentration comes out at... I know people go as high as 20%BB without a problem. I've gone as high as 10%BA:rant: by mistake, it wasn't too bad although I wouldn't suggest it...

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
ouch on the BA concentration. i finally got it stable at 200 mg/ml. just had to add more oil and 2ml more BB. now i'm waiting on my whatmans. should be in in a couple hours.

growmore

Board Supporter
Awards
Good to hear it worked out. Sometimes you just gotta play with it until it works and refrain from using your wall for target practice:).
1test is pretty finicky stuff for solutions; depending purity, etc. 200mg/ml is about what people generally brew at anyways--

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
well ****, get home from work and it's crystallized again. bringing back out the oil......

uridium245

Awards
A couple of questions. Some may sound kinda stupid but I gotta ask.
1. What type of oil are you using?
2. When you mixed the batch the first time did you mix your 1-test with ba/bb, then warm your oil and add it?
3. Did you then heat shock it at 275 degrees F for 30 min.
4. If so did you filter it while is was still hot, or did you let it cool down then heat it back up to filter it?

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
1. unspecified. came in lion nutrition 4gm kit
2. i dumped 1test in vial, added ba/bb, than oil and than heated in water bath and shook the **** out of it.
3.yes, i baked
4. i heated, than filtered. it didn't help though. the titan filters i got are so damn slow to filter by the time i could get 10ml through the solution had cooled enough to crystallize in the syringe and filter. i'm getting some genuine whatman's in which is what i ordered in the first place, hopefully i'll filter it all again, than bake and it'll stay in solution

uridium245

Awards
Sounds like you did everthing right. I think LN kits are made with cottonseed oil. I use grapeseed myself as its thinner so it mixes, filters and injects easier. Then only thing I do different is I bake my gear in the oven. When its done baking, I take my batch outta the oven make my first draw of solution and place the vial back in the oven after turning it down to 200 to keep it hot. Filter it (.45 whatmans) and go. You also might try heat shocking your solution. Heating it up to 350-375 degrees for 15 minutes, three times. Some bros prefer that over steady heating.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
yeah, i've found that solution stabalizes better after filtering for some reason, so i'll bake, filter, heat shock, let sit and pray

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
IF I heat shock mine will it hurt the stopper? Shoudl I take mine out of the sterile vial and then add more heat it and filter it back in or what?

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
make sure all is sterile, than heat vial in oven @ 250 for 25min. take out, wait 30 min. than repeat process. and no, it won't hurt the stopper

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ok my 1-test went into solution and then crashed about 70hours later. Shoudl I just heat it up before injection or shoudl I add more bb and try again. If I add the bb do I need to filter it first or can I just throw some in there?

Juiceman

Awards
  • Established
If you body isn't used to that ba concentration your gonna be in some serious pain for a couple weeks, after that you will probably be fine but I'll tell ya right now that it's probably gonna hurt like a bitch if you never injected before. My first conversion was test enanthate at 5% Ba and I was crippled. Now I can easily handle solutions that have 5%.

Good luck