I'm chemistry retarted... but love to learn

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Any book recommendations to get me up to speed on the chemistry of steroids?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I think anabolics by William Llewellyn is a good start, and is like $10.00 on the kindle store if you have one (there's a pc app for it as well if you can stand reading on your computer.

ManBeast

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I think anabolics by William Llewellyn is a good start, and is like $10.00 on the kindle store if you have one (there's a pc app for it as well if you can stand reading on your computer.

ManBeast
Yep... already own that one... wondering about another that may be more chemistry centric

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
That book makes mention of chemistry, but doesnt explain it... I hear so much technical talk on here that's over my head.... I'm not used to not knowing as much as everyone else... LMAO

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
ahhhh so maybe something like an organic chemistry primer? what kinda things are you looking for specifically knowledge wise?

ManBeast

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Organic chemistry with a primary focus towards steroids and sports supplements

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmm, hopefully gerbil will have an idea about that, or some other biochem person. I'll probably pick one up as well. But I'm guessing that that kind of text might not exist due to the legal issues of that kind of supplimentation.

ManBeast

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I figured that might be a problem,,, but will definitely look for one

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
I got my college degree in biophysical chemistry and still don't understand all of what gets posted here about the chemistry of steroids. I'm highly impressed by the knowledge many here possess. But anyway, understanding basic organic chemistry won't help too much with the chemistry of steroids interacting with the body. It might help you recognize some of the vocabulary that gets tossed around, but for specific terms you have google.
Gonna need some anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, etc to be able to put it together to a greater extent. Depends on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go...
Good place to start would be your local library or bookstore for an organic introductory book. Learn how to draw some structures and identify functional groups. That stuff can be pretty interesting especially when you consider your whole body is made out of zillions of those tiny molecules. Granted I'm a nerd, but it's still cool to learn about, especially when you're not getting tested over it. An intro to organic book plus a steroid chemical compound book would be a good combo to learn a bunch. I'll try to find some specific books for you tmrw.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Thank you much kind sir.

ManBeast

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Sweet!! Thanks johnny,,, I'm smarter than the average bear, so I pick up on things quickly,, I spend an abnormal amount of time on Google Scholar researching stuff

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Just a simple bio-chem for dumbies can really help you analyze the structure of prohormones you start to see patterns in the structures.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Ever hear of "Steroid Chemistry At A Glance" by Daniel Lednicer... kindle edition is only $38 compared to around $100 for most biochem books,,, might go by a used bookstore too
Kindle let me download a sample,, kind of looks like what I might be wanting,, but really not sure

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
you're also spelling retarded, too.

i'd start with a dictionary.

:D

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
search up henryv learn technical information thread

doesn't give you overall understanding as chemistry/biochemistry courses would but that's a great place to learn about steroid structure, nomenclature, and functional groups

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards

doesn't give you overall understanding as chemistry/biochemistry courses would but that's a great place to learn about steroid structure, nomenclature, and functional groups
Tried to find this, with no luck,, if you can get the link please send it my way

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
If I spent half the time in the gym that I spend online researching stuff,, I'd be Mr Olympia!!

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
Ever hear of "Steroid Chemistry At A Glance" by Daniel Lednicer... kindle edition is only $38 compared to around $100 for most biochem books,,, might go by a used bookstore too
Kindle let me download a sample,, kind of looks like what I might be wanting,, but really not sure

Here's the pdf for Steroid Chemistry at a Glance by Lednicer.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xys21zkkbt51jdr

If you want to convert the pdf into an ebook, google a free program called calibre.

It definitely focuses on the steroid chemistry aspect you were seeking. Mostly it details the organic synthesis of the different compounds with some information about their biotransformation in the body. It's a good supplement to Anabolics by Llewellyn which neglects the chemistry details but explains some physiological effects and general info.

Also, here's a free online Biochemistry book through the University of Virginia.
http://www.web.virginia.edu/Heidi/home.htm
Lots of information here, but I'd definitely start with Steroid Chemistry at a Glance

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

If you want to convert the pdf into an ebook, google a free program called calibre.

It definitely focuses on the steroid chemistry aspect you were seeking. Mostly it details the organic synthesis of the different compounds with some information about their biotransformation in the body. It's a good supplement to Anabolics by Llewellyn which neglects the chemistry details but explains some physiological effects and general info.

Also, here's a free online Biochemistry book through the University of Virginia.
Lots of information here, but I'd definitely start with Steroid Chemistry at a Glance
Subbed to grab this when I get to my laptop. Thanks.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards

You Rock!!!! Thanks bro.... I owe you

Roniboney

Awards
If you want to learn about chemistry then a high school textbook is your best start imo.Start with the basics and move up

henryv

Awards
  • Established

Henryvs technical info thread
^ This is the thread you mean.

You may also enjoy my other articles:

understanding anabolic androgenic ratios

prohormone and designer steroid profiles

prohormones, designer steroids and hair loss

5b or not 5b

PH/DS vs. AAS

and organic chem 101

I also do a steroid-based quiz called "name that steroid" where I invite people to identify steroids from their structures. There have been ten rounds so far, you can find those pretty easily with google.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah that's the one lol

all awesome articles and you don't need a chem/biochem background to pick it up. best places to start imo

so henry are we friends now? :D

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Henry .... what do you know about katanadrol?? I have a couple bottles I'm going to stack with helladrol during the 2nd 6 weeks of an 18 week cycle
1-6 tren/test cyp
7-12 helladrol/katanadrol/test cyp
13-18 test cyp solo
Took my first tren pin this morning ...

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Henry .... what do you know about katanadrol?? I have a couple bottles I'm going to stack with helladrol during the 2nd 6 weeks of an 18 week cycle
1-6 tren/test cyp
7-12 helladrol/katanadrol/test cyp
13-18 test cyp solo
Took my first tren pin this morning ...
why dont you google the nomenclature found on the back of your bottle, (or just google furaza thp ether)

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
why dont you google the nomenclature found on the back of your bottle, (or just google furaza thp ether)
Seems most of what I've found is theoretical,,, not much direct experience ... but I'll keep looking,, given the price,, $85 a bottle,,, not surprised I can't find a lot of people talking about having taken it,,, takes two bottles to get a good cycle in..... first place I always look is "google scholar" and it had zero hits for the chemical name 5a-androstanol 2,3 furazan-17b-tetrahydropyranol