Least amount of test worth running?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to plan a future injectable cycle. The benefits of using testosterone I find appealing, but I have to admitt androgenic side effects do intimidate me to some degree.

What is the lowest dosage worth running if muscle gains are still priority #1?

500mg/week seems pretty common, would 250 or 300mg/week still provide nice gains?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I ran ~400mg of enan/week and saw results.

ManBeast

adnscmplx

Awards
300 will get you results. Check out this study:

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/281/6/E1172.full

These people didn't even train and the 300mg group gained 11.4 lbs of fat free mass in 20 weeks while losing a bit of fat.

My advice: Start low and give it a few weeks. If you don't have any sides feel free to bump it up. That's what I did and I ended up at 600 which is a good place to be.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anything under 700mg for me doesn't do much for muscle gain

But then again, you get to a certain point where where you can't net big gains anymore. I used testosterone pretty close to my genetic potential so I needed to dose it higher to see effects.

Many factors to consider. The lower in bf you are, the more results you will see with a lower dose.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
iirc formastanzol is a 5ar inhibitor in the prostate. So using that with testosterone will not only lower estrogen conversion through aromatase inhibition but also lower DHT conversion.

It will make a testosterone cycle a little less androgenic.

zendog

Awards
I just got done with a 250mg 10 wk cycle. Recomped me nicely but didnt add anywhere near as much muscle as the previous 500mg course.