my 4121 calorie 380g protein day!!

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I realize this may not be the proper forum for this. This being where i spend most of my time I decided to share it here as well.Thought I'd show how easy it is to have a clean 4000+ calorie, high protein day!!!
This was all I ate yesterday 2/10/12.. calculated on sparkpeople diet tracker web site
This did not include my supps

4121 calories
383g protein
265g carbs
177g healthy fat

Breakfast: 1030 calories
1/4 cup lecithin 140 calories
1/4 cup ground flax 140 calories
1/4 cup dry steel cut oats 140 calories
2 servings whey isolate 210 calories
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 240 calories
1 pint skim milk 180 calories
All blended into a shake

Lunch: 440 calories
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast

Dinner: 693 calories
1/2 pound 93% lean ground beef cooked with 3 small red potatoes and 1 cup of corn

Snacks throughout day: 1958 calories
Afternoon shake: 1 cup skim milk, 2 servings whey 290cal
2 boiled eggs 140 calories
Whole grain double fiber english muffin with two tablespoons almond butter 323 calories
1 can sardines in hotsauce
Late night shake: 1 cup skim milk, 2 serving casein 400cals

Plus 2 gallons of distilled water

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
this is true, if you eat clean and eat predominately high protein sources (with higher fat or w/o)....those protein #'s rack up really quick and you don't get so bloated as when you eat higher carb, processed crappier food which bloats you and makes you feel lousy and takes away your appetite and desire to eat. But its hard to do on a regular basis :D

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
alot of people don't see the point of eating ultra clean on a bulk.......cleaner calories tend to be more filling and less calorie dense....a recipe to make it hard to get in enough cals.

but if you can do it, you're awesome!

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I honestly think I can pull this off easily on a daily basis... if I run out of time, I can make an extra shake or two to get me over the top of my calorie/protein goals without any processed sugar, white flour or saturated fat

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
alot of people don't see the point of eating ultra clean on a bulk.......cleaner calories tend to be more filling and less calorie dense....a recipe to make it hard to get in enough cals.

but if you can do it, you're awesome!
I'd never exchange my health for size .... nor would I exchange speed for strength or strength for speed.... I'm a huge promoter / believer in over all fitness and health.... quality of life is king in my world.... my cholesterol was recently tested at 140 with an extraordinarily high ratio of hdl to ldl... my blood pressure hovers around 120/70 and I can still run 12 miles at around 1 hour fourty five to two hours .... all while being 240lbs and 18% body fat and 41 yrs of age

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
I'd never exchange my health for size .... nor would I exchange speed for strength or strength for speed.... I'm a huge promoter / believer in over all fitness and health.... quality of life is king in my world.... my cholesterol was recently tested at 140 with an extraordinarily high ratio of hdl to ldl... my blood pressure hovers around 120/70 and I can still run 12 miles at around 1 hour fourty five to two hours .... all while being 240lbs and 18% body fat and 41 yrs of age
thats great for your age. props.

the point i was making is that its harder to put on muscle than to lose fat.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can do it. I've been pulling it off (3800-4200cals/350g+ protein) on a daily basis for almost a year now. It's all about food prep and having planned meals. Lots of chicken, oats, and veggies.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
You can do it. I've been pulling it off (3800-4200cals/350g+ protein) on a daily basis for almost a year now. It's all about food prep and having planned meals. Lots of chicken, oats, and veggies.
Food prep is key.... my fridge looks a lot like a restaurant walk in.... precooked chicken, boiled eggs, cooked veggies etc etc.... all I have to do is mix it together and throw in what seasonings I want.....

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i also think its important to note that 350g of protein isn't needed to build muscle. for muscle building there's no evidence one needs more than 2g/kg of protein per day. so , for someone 240lbs, anything above 220-240g is just being used as glucose anyway.

however, for muscle sparing, appetite suppression and thermal effect, that much protein is best used while trying to cut. even then, its not needed.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
thats great for your age. props.

the point i was making is that its harder to put on muscle than to lose fat.
5 years ago I was a soft 310.. about 40% or more body fat ... been a long steady road to get to where I'm at..... hard to believe I ever let myself go as bad as I did, now that I'm healthy again

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
it's just common sense, theres only about 140g of protein in a POUND of muscle mass.. why would you need 350gX7 ( in one week) = 2500g of protein per week to build 1 pound of muscle? and no one builds a pound of muscle a week consistently unless they are on androgens or are new to lifting.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
5 years ago I was a soft 310.. about 40% or more body fat ... been a long steady road to get to where I'm at..... hard to believe I ever let myself go as bad as I did, now that I'm healthy again
thats quite a transformation! anyone, myself included, tends to be wary of falling back into a position that one has worked so hard to get out of. so, i can understand you're reasoning for eating clean.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i also think its important to note that 350g of protein isn't needed to build muscle. for muscle building there's no evidence one needs more than 2g/kg of protein per day.
It's not something I shoot for. It can be hard to keep the protein lower when taking in that many calories.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
it's just common sense, theres only about 140g of protein in a POUND of muscle mass.. why would you need 350gX7 ( in one week) = 2500g of protein per week to build 1 pound of muscle? and no one builds a pound of muscle a week consistently unless they are on androgens or are new to lifting.
Rather have too much than not enough,,, with all the cardio I do it helps prevent catabolism and with all the distilled water I drink my kidneys are doing fine :)

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
You should see my list of daily supps... lol... it's a work of art HAHAHA

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Daily supps:
competitive edge labs cycle assist 4 pills daily
Twin lab daily one
Twinlab b-100 2 pills two times a day .... 4 pills total
Pantothenic acid 500mg a day
Twin lab liquid cod liver oil. 1 tablespoon a day
Mixed tocopherol vitamin e 500iu a day
Vitamin d 5,000 iu eod
Lecithin 1/4 cup a day
Ground flax 1/4 cup a day
Grape seed extract 400 mg a day
Hawthorn liquid extract 1 ml a day
Milk thistle liquid extract 1ml a day
CoQ10 liquid 1ml a day
Arginine 20g a day
Ornithine 10g a day
Creatine 5g a day
Glutamine 5g a day
ALCAR 5g a day
Lysine 500mg a day
Psyllium husks 2 tablespoons a day
DMAE liquid 1ml a day
Primatene tablets 2 a day
Asprin 1 a day
Pedialyte powder. 1 single packet a day

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
interesting.

i have different supps that i alternate depending on goals and different cycling periods since some are counter productive to each other

vitamin D
gamma e tocotrienols ( all 8 parts of vitamin E aka tocomin)
green tea extract alternated with pomegranate PE

NAC
red wine extract
cissus
spirulina powder
magnesium
leucine powder during workouts
tons of coffee

cissus
yellow gold ( berberine)
ursolic acid
tyrosine
vitamin C
fish oil
alpha yohimbine

i'm getting used to taking less and less supps. i feel as though it makes me more lax in my nutrition and daily habits - not to mention cost.

ones in bold are my core supps.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You should see my list of daily supps... lol... it's a work of art HAHAHA
You might want to think about adding some digestive enzymes with all that food.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
You have a good mix.. don't see any mineral complexes??? Am I missing it or is that in your diet??
I buy oolong tea in bulk,,, that gives me tons of green tea benefits (closely related but cheaper) minerals and b vitamins are hard to get enough of through diet,,,, when a farmer farms the same field year after year decade after decade the minerals get depleted so our foods lack the minerals they once had.... also I really don't eat the best, optimal mix of veggies,, so a good multi is always a good idea in my life

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
You might want to think about adding some digestive enzymes with all that food.
I do take twinlab complete enzyme complex,,, two caps in the morn and 1 at lunch and another with my late night protein shake

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got a prescription for them from my GI doc. 900 pills for $10.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
damn you guys take a lot of supps....I don't feel so bad anymore for spending so much on supps since you guys probably take almost double the stuff I do :D
Not sure what I spend,,, but it's probably less than you imagine,,, thank god for amazon lol

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Several of those are nootropics and others for liver health / lipid maintenance .... lecithin does both :)

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
damn you guys take a lot of supps....I don't feel so bad anymore for spending so much on supps since you guys probably take almost double the stuff I do :D
Yeah I don't take nearly anything close to them. I try to stick to the basics and where I know I'm lacking.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Lol.... if all it took was supps to get what we want,,, I'd look like Mr Olympia by now ..... but pills and powders only grease the tracks,,,, I still have to chug that train on my own to my goals.... bad analogy, I know,, best I could come up with at the moment. :p

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
B's

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a big Boston sports fan too. Split season tix for the b's the last two seasons but things drastically changed for me this year financially.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Canucks are working their way towards my most hated team.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I'm a big Boston sports fan too. Split season tix for the b's the last two seasons but things drastically changed for me this year financially.
I live in Florida now.....but we just went to the B's vs panthers game on MLK day last month....usually catch one or two B's and C's games (at the heat) each year. Sometimes pats at dolphins as well. But those fans are dlcks at that dolphin stadium

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I live in Florida now.....but we just went to the B's vs panthers game on MLK day last month....usually catch one or two B's and C's games (at the heat) each year. Sometimes pats at dolphins as well. But those fans are dlcks at that dolphin stadium
I went to a b's game down there a few years ago. Totally different experience than a game up here.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thats for sure, but nice arena, free parking....easy to get into...good food, always get good seats...so I like the place....just minus the panther fans lol
Yeah that place is nice. It was the season opener and I got tickets that day. Seemed to be a good amount of transplant b's fans too.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Yeah that place is nice. It was the season opener and I got tickets that day. Seemed to be a good amount of transplant b's fans too.
oh yeah, last month I think it was 50/50 lol....you'd hear lets go B's then lets go panthers and they 'd go back and forth. 2 years ago when we went....the mascot for the panthers silly stringed a B's fan who was down on the lower level near iceside....and the B's fan mooned the mascot since he couldn't catch him....so he got arrested LMFAO! there were kids all around so mooning was probably not the best idea, but the mascot instigated it....

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha. Probably not.

Roniboney

Awards
My diet is pretty similar.I'm bulking on cycle atm and my diet consists of

2 shakes 1250kcal each 77p,120c,50f per shake 2.5 scoops whey,1 cup oats,2 tbsp honey,5 tbsp olive oil,1/2 banana,500ml 0.1% fat milk.

Next meal is 500g of lean beef about 100p,35f and a tin of chopped tomoatoes and green beans 850kcal thereabouts

PWO I'll have a tin of tuna,a tin of pineapples and 2 banana's which is about 120g of carbs,45g protein so about 600kcal

Then pre-bed I'll eat 2 tins of Pacific red Salmon and I'll take 1g from fish oils of omega 3. this amounts to about 650kcal

So theres 4500kcal of clean calories.It is easier than people think.You just need to space the meals out a good bit so that you have the appetite to eat

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn't see this mentioned, but if your cals are for real, your numbers are wrong.

With the pro, carb, fat, listed, it came out to 4,185

4 cal/ pro & carb
9 cal/fat

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Didn't see this mentioned, but if your cals are for real, your numbers are wrong.

With the pro, carb, fat, listed, it came out to 4,185

4 cal/ pro & carb
9 cal/fat
I used sparkpeople.com ..... it's a food tracker website that does these calculations....
Lmao at 64 calories off being significant enough to require a correction

Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Awards
  • Established
I use sparks as well. I've noticed that it is off on the %'s a little bit quite often. Not enough to make any real difference though. Once you get your usuals programed in, it works pretty well for a free app.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
The online calorie counters are ALWAYS off by about 50 calories give or take on a 3,000-4,000 calorie day. If you add the macros X4 and X9 its always off a smidge when compared to the calorie number they give you....but nothing to worry about, its always a # of no consequence esp if you're eating 4K cals lol :D

Icepray

Awards
man I'm at 300g a day and I just have to ask... How do you live with the gas xD I've also upped my cals and I'm letting it rip more than I'd like and with me heading back to college in a week, I'm going to concentrate more on holding it in than following my courses lol

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
man I'm at 300g a day and I just have to ask... How do you live with the gas xD I've also upped my cals and I'm letting it rip more than I'd like and with me heading back to college in a week, I'm going to concentrate more on holding it in than following my courses lol
Digestive enzymes help,,, I believe most gas is caused by poor digestion