Hurt Knee On Cycle

R

Roniboney

Awards
Hey guys,

I'm in week 3 of an Epistane cycle at 30/40/40/40/40

Yesterday night I was squatting and I felt a click in my knee,I always go atg but just to be sure I left the bar on the catches of the rack.When I tried to stand up there was osme pain in my knee joint making it impossible to squat with my right leg.I did all the usual stuff,icing,ressting and even got my hands on some anti-inflammatories.In my 5 years of squats I have never before experienced knee pain.

I also deadlifted heavy on wednesday night so would you guys think that the deadlifting the day before affected it?I have been shooting up in strength on this cylce and got my squat to 150kg for 5 reps in 2 weeks.Also due to epi being an AI I'm thinking the lack of estrogen to lubricate my joints has also led to this injury.

I'm on a course of anti-inflammatories for the next few days now(saved some from when I injured my back a while back).My main question is should I begin my PCT if its not better in 3 days?3 days of which I intend to just rest and continue my dosing.Or should I continue on as planned and maybe skipp legs next week and just work upper body and then see if I can re-incorporate legs the followign week if I feel good?

Thanks guys

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Epi is tough on joints dude.. Yu shoulda been supplementing something for that..if yu heard a click it's prob cartilage.. Is the pain on the anterior or lateral side of knee? If it were me I would jus pct now and go see a orthopedic.. Take knee injuries seriously man yu gotta walk on them for the rest of your life

R

Roniboney

Awards
Epi is tough on joints dude.. Yu shoulda been supplementing something for that..if yu heard a click it's prob cartilage.. Is the pain on the anterior or lateral side of knee? If it were me I would jus pct now and go see a orthopedic.. Take knee injuries seriously man yu gotta walk on them for the rest of your life
lots of omega 3's ,glucosamine, the works really

It has gotten a lot better since yesterday and my legs are a strong point on my body.I would be completely fine with leaving them to recover for a month or so before getting back into the squat rack.the lateral side of my knee is what hurts but like I said with icing and anti-inflammatories its getting better.

I've had knee pain before but not from squats and it cleared up in 2 weeks...that was 4 years ago when I first started DL'ing.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
If you don't mind laying off the heavy leg trainng for the rest of the cycle, by all means finish it up. Just make sure its completely healed up before doin those heavy squats/DLs again. And yes, doing them on back-to-back days could have exasterbated the stress on your knee. I wish ya a speedy reovery.

ManBeast

R

Roniboney

Awards
If you don't mind laying off the heavy leg trainng for the rest of the cycle, by all means finish it up. Just make sure its completely healed up before doin those heavy squats/DLs again. And yes, doing them on back-to-back days could have exasterbated the stress on your knee. I wish ya a speedy reovery.

ManBeast
yep thats what I thought.I incorporated 1 week of strength training into my 5 week cycle and I did 2 of the workouts back to back.Its already feeling a lot better,I can even squat down again,with minimal pain.I'll give it 3 days,if its better I'll drop my squats in my workouts and use a leg press for a while,if its not better I'll do some upper body workouts instead.

Btw ManBeast I'm recuperating playing Darksiders atm .Restarted it this morning.At the Twilight Cathedral.Tiamat is gonna be my bish

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
LMAO, Love that game almost as much as my Warcraft :D

ManBeast